my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Anyone get any new CDs recently? (Page 152)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185

Author Topic: Anyone get any new CDs recently?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 31, 2012 13:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Widowmaker - Blood & Bullets
Widowmaker - Stand By For Pain

these were from an eBay auction I won and the seller even tossed in :
Twisted Sister - You Can't Stop Rock n Roll (cassette) how cool!!! and luckily I still have a tape player hooked up to my stereo in my house.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 01, 2013 17:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Found some killer deals at Walmart today (yes, Walmart):
Dio - The Very Best Of Vol. 2 - $10
Dio - The Very Best Of - $7
The Cars - Original Album Series (includes: The Cars - Candy O - Panarama - Shake It Up - Heartbeat City) - $19.88
Lynyrd Skynyrd - 5 Classic Albums (includes:Gimme Back My Bullets - 20th Century Masters - Nuthin' Fancy - Second Helping - Southern By The Grace of God live) - &19.88

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 02, 2013 17:44     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THE VINYL IS STARTING TO ARRIVE!!!
VOIVOD - Killing Technology (totally bummed by the so called "like new, normal wear" condition that the seller advertised considering the cover's seams are unglued and the cover is a bit bent in the corners; however the vinyl plays perfectly and the label appears to be a German white label test pressing ... so needless to say I'll repair the cover myself with some glue and keep this!!!)

VOIVOD - To The Death ( I was hoping I'd get lucky and get one of the colored vinyl pressing, but this was the regular black vinyl which I figured it might be considering the price I paid... so of course I just went to eBay and found the colored vinyl with a BUY IT NOW auction, so I bought it now)

VOIVOD - Nothingface

VOIVOD - Negatron/Phobos

The collection grows!!!

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 03, 2013 17:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD - Dimension Hatross (vinyl)
Iron Maiden Tribute - Numbers From The Beast: An All Star Salute (I HATE when they put DiAnno on Iron Maiden Tribute albums singing the same fucking song he sang when he was in the band!!! STUPID. Anyway, besides him and a few other singers I could care less about, there's Chuck Billy, Ripper Owens, Lemmy, & Jon Bush... which gave me enough reason to buy this. Great cast of musicians, but it's the singers that make it or break it for me.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 04, 2013 17:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The addiction continues toi be fed:
VOIVOD - INFINI (double grey vinyl - gatefold cover - awesome)

VOIVOD - Katorz (promo cd)

VOIVOD - Kronik (Hynotic label cd with slip cover)

BTW: the Iron Maiden tribute "Numbers From The Beast" is fuckin' 'Killer' (pun intended) I was shocked by some of the singers I didn't expect much from just delivering the good with big balls of sound. Joe Lynn Turner especially shocked me and I had to look at the liner notes a couple times to make sure it was indeed him. This is one of the best tributes I have, and I have shit load of them.

Also The Dee Snider WIDOWMAKER "Stand By For Pain" blew me the fuck away. Totally heavy and well written. Awesome singinig, great playing by Al Pitrelli. I am seriously diggin' this album.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 05, 2013 17:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No vinyl today, but a nice big box from Amazon and an Ebay auction arrived.

Mystic Force - Shipwrecked With The Wicked (friends band from Baltimore - this was released back in 1992 - for some reason I never owned it)

Twisted Sister - You Can't Stop Rock N Roll (remastered & extended)
Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry (25th Anniversary Edition) with 2nd cd of unissued material)
Twisted Sister - Under The Blade (remastered & extended with bonus dvd of 1982 Reading Festival)

Steve Vai - Where the Other Wild Things Are: Live in Minneapolis

BOOK: Glen Hughes - The Autobiography From Deep Purple to Black Country Communion

BOOK: Zakk Wylde - Bringing Metal To The Children

BOOK: Sean Yseult - I'm In The Band Backstage Notes From the Chick in White Zombie

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 05, 2013 19:42     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some end of the year goodies:

ANTHRAX - Attack of the Killer B's
RAINBOW - On Stage, Finyl Vinyl (good!)
DEEP PURPLE - Stormbringer, 35th anniversary edition
DARKTHRONE - Dark Thrones and Black Flags, Circle the Wagons
WHITE ZOMBIE - La Sexorcisto
LED ZEPPELIN - Celebration Day BluRay (great!)
Sound of The Beast - The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal (book), by Ian Christie. It's the brazilian portuguese translation, which btw is titled "Heavy Metal - A História Completa".

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 07, 2013 11:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Junius-The Martyrdom of a Catastrophist

Junius-Reports from the Threshold of Death

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 07, 2013 17:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD - Thrashing Rage (picture disc) I'm completely pissed off on what the seller thinks Near Mint- condition is. NO album jacket (which should have been a black die-cut Noise Records cover and there's some sort of adhesive on the record. Also it was sent in a cut up and taped up plastic sleeve. Luckily it did play OK but I sent the seller a email about how unhappy I am and I'd rather send it back and get a refund than keep it in my collection

VOIVOD - Angel Rat vinyl - Another case where the seller thinks a bent up and unglued album jacket deserves a EX to NM- grade. WTF?!?! Just listened to the vinyl and it's fine. Another case of having to repair the cover to make it a little better than I received it.

VOIVOD - Too Scared To Scream/Coackroaches picture disc. PERFECT CONDITION!!!! YEA!!!

VOIVOD - War & Pain reissued vinyl. The reissued edition. New and still shrink wrapped

Masters Of Reality - Pine/Cross Dover cd

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 07, 2013 19:57     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dave, congrats on the purchases man! Sorry to hear about some of the dodgy deals. The Thrashing Rage pic disc seems like it would warrant a refund. You gotta get yourself a copy of RrroooaaarrR now though! No Voivod LP collection is complete without that fucking awesome Korgull tank in the mix!

Fueling my recent obsession with early 80s metal and NWOBHM stuff and these finds are absolutely reflective of that.

- Diamond Head: Borrowed Time [Metal Mind reissue with extra tracks]
- More: Warhead [remaster]
- More: Blood & Thunder [remaster]

The More reissues seem pretty nice and looking forward to spinning these over the next couple of days.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 08, 2013 14:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just got a reply about the fucked up Thrashing Rage pic disc, and the seller is being cool and giving me a refund once it's back in his hands. I already have one lined up to buy which sounds like it will actually be in near mint condition. It'll cost $20 more than what I paid for this one, but if I'm collecting Voivod I want the original packaging and VG - mint condition.

Today's mail"
VOIVOD - RRROOOAAARRR vinyl (there it is Mike!!!!)

VOIVOD - Katorz cd (limited edition 461/500 metal box release with patch and certificate) COOL!!!

Steve Vai - Were the Wild Things Are
Steve Vai - The Story of Light

BARONESS - Yellow & Green (double cd with slip case)
BARONESS - Blue Record

Luna is solely responsible for getting me into this band with all the video links she posted a few weeks ago on FB. Thanks Amy
Still waiting for their Red cd.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 08, 2013 15:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tony Rice- The Bluegrass Guitar Collection

The guru of 'grass...........this guy is brilliant.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 08, 2013 18:07     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

BARONESS - Yellow & Green (double cd with slip case)
BARONESS - Blue Record

Luna is solely responsible for getting me into this band with all the video links she posted a few weeks ago on FB. Thanks Amy
Still waiting for their Red cd.

Really? I like all of them. Not sure what drew me to them. I heard about their bus crash, my friend here at work is a fan. One thing leads to another. I can't wait to see them live someday once they're all healed up and ready to ROCK. I know Mez is a fan as well. The Green Theme alone just gets me every time. I love that tune.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 08, 2013 19:48     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Today's mail"
VOIVOD - RRROOOAAARRR vinyl (there it is Mike!!!!)

HELL YES! RrroooaaarrR was my first intro to Voivod way back in '86. Even with all the chaos going on there, they sound like no other band on the planet. You can't resist, it's thrashing rage!

Found these in a local shop today...

- Blue Öyster Cult: Agents Of Fortune [expanded remaster]
- Scorpions: Virgin Killer [Japanese edition with the... ahem, somewhat naughty cover]

What I want more than anything right now is Target Earth! Could the first few weeks of January go any slower?!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 08, 2013 23:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought War & Pain and RRROOOAAARR when they came out all those years ago, and never really got into that much. When Killing Technology was released I told myself I'd give the band one more chance and that album blew my mind and the rest was history and I've been a fan ever since.
After listening to the vinyl of RRROOOAAARRR tonight I appreciate it so much more now than I did when it came out. War & Pain vinyl will be spinning tomorrow night.

Yeah, TARGET EARTH can't get here soon enough. I noticed CM Distro North America was on vacation for the holidays and didn't start back up until the 7th, so I'm hoping they make that box set available ASAP. I'll give them a couple more days before I give up on them and use the European site to get it.

Gotta love that classick Scorpions cover. I think Tipper Gore has it framed in her office.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 09, 2013 21:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Steve Vai - Naked Tracks (5 cd set)

I think this completes the Steve Vai catalog for my collection.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 10, 2013 17:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD - To The Death (colored vinyl limited edition of 1000. Awesome looking grey marbleized vinyl)

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 11, 2013 06:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2nd & Charles striketh again:

Megadeth-Peace Sells
Frank Zappa-Rare Meat
Anthrax-Among the Living
Steve Vai-Flex-able (Almost pissed myself when I saw this there....this has long been out of print)
Steve Vai- Infinite Steve Vai (Best of)

Total: $31...and some change, damn I love this place.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 11, 2013 17:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice collection of cool tunes Mez and what a great price. I miss real stores like this.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 12, 2013 12:54     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Been to a cd and vinyl market in the neighbourhood together with Mille and came home with:

For Mille:

Annihillator - metal
Iron Maiden - no prayer for the dying
Iron maiden - Seventh son of a seventh son
Iron Maiden- Rock in Rio
Iron Maiden - el numero de la biesta
Iron maiden - live after death

For daddy:
3 different versions of KISS Alive! Amen!! Amongst hem a german verson and the very first pressing with booklet
Kiss - Sneak Attack, bootleg
Lots of other Kiss vinyl that i used toown, and now own again.

Me happy... And €200,- lighter

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 12, 2013 18:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today's mailbox:
Halford - Live in London December 6,2000 (2cd)
Dio - Intermission
Headspace - I am Anonymous
Saxon - Heavy Metal Thunder: The MOvie (blu ray)

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 12, 2013 19:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BOLT THROWER - Those Once Loyal, for 16 bucks (that's aprox. eight dollars).

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 14, 2013 16:13     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
COC - Megalodon (thanks John)

VOIVOD - Thrashing Rage picture disc (after sending the first one back to the seller because of the shitty condition, I specifically asked this seller if it came with the die cut black NOIZE cover... when I received confirmation to pay, I assumed it would... guess what? It came in just a clear plastic sleeve!!! Fuckin Frustrated!!! At least the condition of the actual record is mint. Maybe the black cardboard die cut cover only was released in Europe and the one that was released in the states was just in the plastic sleeve, like I remember so many of the pic discs coming out back then being released that way. I guess I'll just stick with this one.

After emailing the seller, my assumption was correct and the picture discs released in the states didn't have the black Noize label cover, and were just sold in the plastic sleeves. The one he sent me was still in the original clear sleeve with the price code lable from the store still on it. I feel better now

--------------------

yawn

Imran
VoivodFan
Member # 197

posted January 16, 2013 07:30     Profile for Imran   Email Imran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Roky Erickson, "The Evil One". Anyone one into Roky? Amazing musician. If you have Netflix check out the film, "You're Going To Miss Me", great documentary about him.
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted January 16, 2013 08:37     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
Been to a cd and vinyl market in the neighbourhood together with Mille and came home with:

Iron Maiden - el numero de la biesta

Is it an Argentinean version???? I spent the weekend in Buenos Aires and the translated vinyls cracked me up... Let's say the translations take a lot of licenses. A classic already for us is "Flash of the Blade" that somehow ended up as "el resplandor de la hoja (de afeitar)", which means "flash of the blade (for shaving)". In spanish "hoja" means blade, but also "leaf" and "sheet", so they felt the need to explain... Of course we all know every metalhead shaves his beard with a sword... Otherwise you are a wimp

My Buenos Aires bounty (no, not translated fortunately):
CD:
Overkill - The Electric Age
Nuclear Assault - Survive
King Crimson - 3 of a perfect pair
Journey - Eclipse (for my wife, but I'm sure I'll spin it more than her :-)

VINYL:
Rush - A Farewell to Kings (amazing condition for a '77 record!!!)
Anthrax - Among the Living (almost mint, first pressing)

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan