my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 25, 2005 01:00     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Schroeder, you need to get COC checked off that list soon, they are on FYA right now!!

I'm going to the Sounds of the Underground tour tomorrow......SYL, High on Fire, Clutch, Opeth, Lamb of God, Madball, Poison the Well, Gwar, etc....Should be interesting.

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 25, 2005 06:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:
Hey Schroeder, you need to get COC checked off that list soon, they are on FYA right now!!

I'm going to the Sounds of the Underground tour tomorrow......SYL, High on Fire, Clutch, Opeth, Lamb of God, Madball, Poison the Well, Gwar, etc....Should be interesting.

Yeah, ever since I moved away from the Baltimore area, my concert experiences have dwindled. I guess getting older may have something to do with with driving 6+ hours round trip to see a show and having to be back to work the next morning. I miss the days when I could drive for 30 minutes max to catch a show.

ENJOY THE SHOW and give us a report. The more I listen to the new Clutch the more I like it. Anxiously waiting for the new OPETH, I like what I've heard.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 25, 2005 09:05     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:

Yeah, I want to hear about this one too. I wasn't able to make it to ATL for it. Heard the main bands were only getting 22 minute sets which kind of sucks.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 27, 2005 19:33     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:

Yeah, I want to hear about this one too. I wasn't able to make it to ATL for it. Heard the main bands were only getting 22 minute sets which kind of sucks.

I thought about going too, but didn't seem worth it for about a half hour of Opeth and a bunch of bands who *might* be worth seeing. I heard Lopez was out and Gene Hoglan played drums for Opeth, did they say anything about why? (Also heard they only played 4 songs, so I'm glad I didn't go.)

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted July 29, 2005 11:26     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last week I'v seen Anthrax here in Milano.
It was about 15 years I've never seen them anymore. It was not an incredible show but good and emotional for people like me that loved so much this band in the past. They played only old songs from Among The Living, Fisful Of Metal, State Of Euphoria, ecc...
Nice old line-up with Belladonna, Scott Ian, Danny Spitz, Charlie Benante and Frank Bello.

At the end of the show a little tear coming on my face.
I'm a fuckin nostalgic thrasher, ehehehe...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 29, 2005 21:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
COOL, Marco!!!!

How did Belladonna sound? Since hearing Bush belt out the 'THRAX, I think Joey was weak compared to John, although I've been a huge Anthrax fan since Fistfull Of Metal was released and have enjoyed (and still spin) everything they have released. They are one of the few bands from "the day" that I thought kept getting better and didn't get stale. Very consistant even with crucial changes in the line up.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 29, 2005 21:50     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Yeah, ever since I moved away from the Baltimore area, my concert experiences have dwindled. I guess getting older may have something to do with with driving 6+ hours round trip to see a show and having to be back to work the next morning. I miss the days when I could drive for 30 minutes max to catch a show.

ENJOY THE SHOW and give us a report. The more I listen to the new Clutch the more I like it. Anxiously waiting for the new OPETH, I like what I've heard.

I hear ya, HELL, I'm some-what young and that still doesn't sound like very much fun to me! I have great concert-going logistics I guess LOL.....

I had never heard but one Clutch song before Monday , but I liked what I heard alot.

Meg and Mez (and everyone else): I had an OK time, half of it was because I didn't feel that good and the other half being that most of the bands weren't very good. It started at noon and we didn't even get inside till 4 (yes, it was at an indoors venue here, and the sound was not good at all due to the fact it is a concrete walled building, and it was only a portion of the building so you could hear an echo of the drums all the way from the other side ). At any rate, I was disappointed I missed SYL, Madball and High On Fire, but it was cool seeing GWAR for the first time, albeit for only 30 mins. Every Time I Die was stupid, Unearth was dumb, Poison the Well OK, Chimaira OK, Clutch good....Then Opeth played. I didn't realize it was Hoglan on the drums but I did remark how big the guy was LOL. I don't think they only played 4 songs, but they didn't play many because the songs are so long. They only had like 45 minutes to play. They were very polite and I enjoyed their set alot.

Then came Lamb of God (also known as LoG). We were guests of their tour manager/security guy, and it blew my mind when he invited us to watch them play from on the stage!! I had a tight view from stage left, right next to the smoke machine haha....I hadn't heard much of them but let me tell you they are fucking INTENSE and brutal. This is NOT nu-metal. They are straight-up metal with thrash and grind elements. Randy the singer was wearing his Accused shirt as usual, and I saw Tommy (The Accused) give him a bag of CDs and stuff before they went on, and he threw it in the crowd. LoG was the headliner and they only played an hour. If you don't know who these guys are you should check into them.

--------------------

Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 29, 2005 22:12       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
High On Fire
Voivod
C.O.C.
Beowulf
Fear
E-Force

are on my must see list and yes all these bands have new albums coming out soon or are already out.

IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 01, 2005 22:11     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Soilent Green w/ Watch Them Die tomorrow night!!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 01, 2005 23:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PORCUPINE TREE is coming back to the staes for the 2nd leg of the DEADWING tour. Here's some dates, with lots more to be added. I'll be going to the DC and Philadelphia shows. Robert Fripp opening also, and although he's doing his soundscapes it will be interesting to finally see this live. Many have complained that Fripp's soundscapes are boring as hell to experience live, but I'm looking forward to being there for it. I was actually hoping for the possibility of Opeth or Anathema on the bill... oh well, I'll settle for a living legend creating weird sounds and loops.

September

23 -- Tampa, The Masquerade
24 -- Atlanta, The Masquerade
26 -- Washington DC, 9:30 Club
27 -- Philadelphia, Keswick Theater
28 -- Providence, Lupo's
30 -- Boston, Berklee Performance Center

October

1 -- NYC, Town Hall

Robert Fripp will be opening the DC, Philly, Boston, and NYC shows. More dates to be announced soon.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 02, 2005 00:34     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OHHHHHH........I'll definitely be in ATL for this one!!
marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted August 02, 2005 03:33     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
COOL, Marco!!!!

How did Belladonna sound? Since hearing Bush belt out the 'THRAX, I think Joey was weak compared to John, although I've been a huge Anthrax fan since Fistfull Of Metal was released and have enjoyed (and still spin) everything they have released. They are one of the few bands from "the day" that I thought kept getting better and didn't get stale. Very consistant even with crucial changes in the line up.

Yeah Schroeder I'm agree with you maybe Bush is a better vocalist but sincerly I cant'imagine songs like "Among The Living" or "Madhouse" without Joey screaming...
I think they played quiet well, specially Ian, Bello and Benante, only Spitz was a bit "down" but great vibe in general.
Not great sound (we didn't the hear guitar sound for the whole first hour of show!) the songs played were:
- "Among The Living", "I'Am The Law", "Indians" from Among The Living;
- "Antisocial" and "Be All And All" from State Of Eupohoria;
- "Got The Time" and "In My World" from Persistence Of Time;
- "A.I.R." and "Madhouse" from Spreading..
- "Metal Thrasing Mad" + a medley from Fisful Of Metal
- Pantera's "New Level" as a cover song...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 02, 2005 08:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN FINE SET LIST

It's cool to see the band reform and do a tour but I'm really looking forward to a new cd with Bush belting out the tunes. They've really played up their past the last few years with the tour, & "The Greater Of 2 Evils".. but I want some new brutal Anthrax tunes to crank up, and scream with.

It's awesome they covered NEW LEVEL. I'm sure it was done in memory of Dimebag, which is a very fitting tribute to a fallen friend.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 02, 2005 10:40     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmm, why can't Porcupine Tree get gigs in the middle of the US, particularly somewhere closer to NM?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 02, 2005 16:49     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ATTN MEZCALHEAD!

Saturday, October 1st. Village Tavern, Mt. Pleasant, SC =

KHANATE.

i will be there, my friend. you?

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 02, 2005 18:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LUNA, don't worry, these are just the first dates announced and they should be hitting some areas that they missed on the first tour

--------------------

yawn

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 02, 2005 20:29     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
ATTN MEZCALHEAD!

KHANATE.

I saw Khanate last year. My ears have only recently stopped bleeding. Funny story (which I may have told before) - Stephen O'Malley is from Seattle, and this older gentleman standing near me turned out to be his dad. He turned to me and said, "Are you actually enjoying this?" To which I replied, "Yeah, I know it's strange, but I actually am." He was a little baffled by it, I guess. He did say he likes Sunn0))) better. (No vocals.)

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 02, 2005 23:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
ATTN MEZCALHEAD!

KHANATE.

Sir, I don't even know if I'll be alive by October 1st.....thats a ways away...but hell, yeah, I love SUNN O)))

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 03, 2005 04:35     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Electric Wizard !!!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 08, 2005 20:30     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hank III / Assjack

Time to get stoned hellbilly style!!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 11, 2005 07:21     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ozzfest today.

Fuck no I didn't pay for tix :laughing guy emoticon this board seems to not have:

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 11, 2005 10:38     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuke Fuse:
Ozzfest today.

Damn, if I could get out of work I'd make the three hour trip to Auburn to see Iron Maiden. I am really disappointed that I'm missing them.

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted August 14, 2005 03:34     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gonna see Nevermore Sept 29th in milan!!!!!
i just can't wait!!!!!

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 14, 2005 12:42     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My calendar has some great Metal days coming up...

Sept. 05 - Therion

Sept. 30 - Stratovarious & Into Eternity

Oct. 18 - Judas Priest & Anthrax

Nov. 11 - Decapitated, Dew-Scented & Vader

Feb. 01 - Sonata Arctica

Sadly, I will miss the Suffocation/Cryptopsy show on Oct. 24 as that is my wedding anniversary. Couldn't convince the wife to take in a little Metal on her special day.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 15, 2005 11:03     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:

Sadly, I will miss the Suffocation/Cryptopsy show on Oct. 24 as that is my wedding anniversary. Couldn't convince the wife to take in a little Metal on her special day.

oooh, that is a bummer.. But you saw them last time, right? I missed that one. I may almost miss them the second time around. And if I do, some people will pay!
haha...."couldn't convince the wife to take in a little Metal..." no no no, I won't say it!

'Burque has Overkill coming soon...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan