my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 23)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 24, 2008 13:05     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
So, how was TROUBLE with the new singer? I'm still waiting for a domestic release of the last album... totally ridiculas how long this has taken and there's still no official word. I can't see spending $40 for the import, even though I might break down and do it since it doesn't seem to be coming out here.

Missed this for some reason!! Trouble was pretty fuckin heavy, the drummer had his kit real low to the ground. The new singer was just meh to me, too flamboyant, did not have the vocal range that Wagner has. I was pissed actually, haha. I had no idea it wasn't Wagner anymore. But he was alright I guess, I never listened to Warrior Soul before so I was not familiar with him. Plus, my girlfriend told me he was a junkie, and he did keep going off stage every time they would tear into long solos and come back looking fucked up, haha. But all-in-all it was a nice experience, and the whole under 100 people thing was a lot more intimate

I don't remember seeing if they had the new CD or not, but that's messed up it's an import

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 24, 2008 13:11     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
That's terrific. I wonder if Scott Churilla jammed with his good friend Jim?

Scott isn't the drummer anymore!! How fucked up is that!? I met the bass player though, cool guy. All cool guys, my first time seeing them, good drinking music At one point they played a Sabbath song!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 24, 2008 13:40     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So the other shows I've seen were Priest with Testament, it was great, ended up getting eighth row, stage left in front of Tipton. Seeing Testament again after over 15 years was a treat, they were with Priest back then too haha, the Painkiller tour. This was the first show in a lonnnnng time that left my ears ringing till the next day, I was an idiot for not using earplugs. Oh well, I got to hear every little squelch and squeal

I went to At the Gates and it was a crappy experience! The club is known for overselling, and of course they did for this show. Hot as fuck, and actually the band were not as heavy as they were, they have been pussified by being in The Haunted now LOL. NOT the same band they were back then. I was disappointed.

The Melvins were great as always, finally got to meet Buzzo and Dale this time. The two drummer thing really works for what they are trying to achieve.

I went to Himsa's last show last weekend, not a big fan but I'm friends with Pettibone and I wanted to give my respect. We ran into Jim from Nevermore and had a few laughs, we talked about oversees "record sales", how the soundscan thing doesn't count...they had only sold like 100 albums according to Brazilian count but when they go there everyone has their album, haha. Nice bootleg enterprise goin on, huh Slay!?

And finally, last Thursday I went to the Ice Cube show, was pretty cool, got his new CD signed, asked him if there would be a Friday after Friday after Next haha, and he didn't say no.

So I got Carcass coming up next month, can't wait for this one!!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 24, 2008 15:12     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're one busy concert goer, neuclear!!! Cool reviews. That was great question to ask Ice Cube... LOL!!!

I'm not thrilled with the idea of Wagner not being in Trouble. It just doesn't seem right without him. The live track they have posted on myspace with the new guy, just doesn't compare to what Eric brought to the band... damn shame. I saw Warrior Soul when they first came out many many many years ago and have a couple of their cds that I never listen to.

Trouble now enters the Blaze Bayley stage of their career
It sucks when a US band can only get distributed overseas, and the fans here have to fork out too much $$$ for a copy. They should at least offer it up for download... fuck!!! I love what I've heard and recorded from myspace, but I want the whole damn thing.

--------------------

yawn

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 25, 2008 11:10     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meshuggah in Malmö on Sunday

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 25, 2008 11:34     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Åkerlund.

...the red-headed step child of Aqualung?

Hmm...tonight we have the Melvins and Big Business.

Wed. evening we have the Metal Masters Tour.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 25, 2008 14:04     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
Meshuggah in Malmö on Sunday

COOL HAVE FUN !!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 25, 2008 21:55     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
Scott isn't the drummer anymore!! How fucked up is that!? I met the bass player though, cool guy. All cool guys, my first time seeing them, good drinking music At one point they played a Sabbath song!

Hehehehehe, I know, that's exactly why I asked you that. Scott didn't left the band on good terms, so I was intrigued that both bands did a show together!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 25, 2008 22:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck yeah!!! And playing on a friday too...how sweet will that be! And only a 3 hour drive...WOW:

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 01, 2008 14:44     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wednesday:

MESHUGGAH AND TRIGGER THE BLOODSHED

@MEZCALHEAD: have you heard of this band? check em out at Myspace....

brutal as fuck!!!

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 01, 2008 15:43     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Wednesday:

MESHUGGAH AND TRIGGER THE BLOODSHED

@MEZCALHEAD: have you heard of this band? check em out at Myspace....

brutal as fuck!!!

Youre in for one helluva show Paul.
Setlist in Malmö:

1. perpetual black second
2. bleed
3. stengah
4. Electric red
5. Suffer in truth
6. Rational gaze
7. the mouth licking what you've bled
8. pravus
9. straws pulled at random
10. Future breed machine

Video, Electric Red from that show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w07E2mZ99VM

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 04, 2008 15:03     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
Youre in for one helluva show Paul.
Setlist in Malmö:

1. perpetual black second
2. bleed
3. stengah
4. Electric red
5. Suffer in truth
6. Rational gaze
7. the mouth licking what you've bled
8. pravus
9. straws pulled at random
10. Future breed machine

Video, Electric Red from that show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w07E2mZ99VM

Hell, I have been there together with a friend from my hometown. We arived at about 20:25, that was app. 5 minutes before the show began. Trigger the Bloodshed didn't do it for me although they were more brutal as Meshuggah. It was too much of the same all the time. Boring is a better word. The sound of the guitars was to thin, you could only hear the bass and drums and vocals off course. Ater they played about 8 songs in 30 minutes Meshuggah came up at 21:30. It might have been the same set als mentioned by Vroom but I am not sure. It was the first time i ever saw Meshuggah and they were at the top of my "still want to catch them live" list. They played for an hour and we walked out of the venue at 22:30. Plenty of time to catch some more beers somewhere in Amsterdam. I was at home 2:30 in the morning with a little too much beer down, for the wakeup call was there at......... 6:15. You can guess i am really tired right now. I am planning on going in early tonight.

To go back to Meshuggah: they were so tight and intense, very much worth the one hour train trip to Amsterdam. The venue was really packed, I think app. 500 people.

The evening didn't end quit the way it shoud have ended, for we went on the wrong train back home. It took us an hour longer to get home. What can you do if you ask the trainconductor if thiws is the train to Arnhem and he understands Haarlem????? fucker! Nut ok maybe We were a little boozed to much. We didn;t think about reading the signs ourselves.......

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 04, 2008 16:19     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good Paul. You are after all the n1 meshdood in here as far as i know. BUT: Now they play an extra gig in Stockholm the 22th, and me and Meg will most likely go there to visit my sis, meaning it would be a crime not to go see them again

2-1 to me hehe

Here's Future breed machine from Malmö. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIc_FfIyhrk

I'm all meshed up.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 04, 2008 17:44     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meshuggah is all sold out here.

--------------------

String em up

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted September 04, 2008 22:51     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finntroll next Monday. This'll be my last show in Seattle (unless we see something when we come back for visits).

Anybody else going?

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 05, 2008 09:57     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish. No Finntroll shows in the UK, bah.

--------------------

String em up

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 10, 2008 00:25     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:So I got Carcass coming up next month, can't wait for this one!!

I finally brought myself to buy a ticket just because I haven't seen them play in so many years since "Necroticism..." and they fucking rule with Mr. Amott and Steer at the healm...but for $53.75 A TICKET!!! WTF?!?!

See you at the bar Nuke!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 10, 2008 16:02     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have fun at Carcass doods

Tickets for Meg and moi landed for yet another Meshuggah show. Stockholm this time.

Straws pulled at random

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 10, 2008 20:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my TIX for CLUTCH this friday!!!! 2 days to go before Lisa and I are rockin out.
THE MOB GOES WILD!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 11, 2008 08:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:
I finally brought myself to buy a ticket just because I haven't seen them play in so many years since "Necroticism..." and they fucking rule with Mr. Amott and Steer at the healm...but for $53.75 A TICKET!!! WTF?!?!

See you at the bar Nuke!

Wow, Seattle is expensive. I paid half that for their show tomorrow.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 13, 2008 11:31     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yesterday I went to "Y&T". A friend of mine asked me along and I said yes, what the hell. People told me they are live at their best. One of the better Hardrock acts around. I was surprised! The old fuckers did their best for 2,5 hours without stopping at any point!! Last week I went out to see Meshuggah and I drove all the way to Amsterdam to see them play for 60 minutes

All together I think Meshuggah played more chords in one hour time then Y&T in 2,5 hours did play in 2,5 hours

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 15, 2008 11:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CLUTCH fuckin destroyed Friday night in Salisbury Maryland!!! 1/2 the place
was a mosh pit with 2 seconds of the band hitting the stage. Everyone was
very cool and looked out for each other. Lisa and I stayed on the outside of
the pit which exploded every now and then when things got really crazy. It
was her first experience with being in a crowd of moshing metalheads, and
she enjoyed it very much!!! Security was awesome and just watched and let
everybody do what they wanted and didn't toss anyone out. Tight security getting into the show with everyone being searched and IDed... made me feel like I wouldn't get knifed by some drunk fucker, so that was great!!! The set list
covered everything from their long career and they were pretty much blown
away by the crowds reaction and enthusiasm. Of course there were songs I woulda loved to hear, but I certainly can't complain, because they fuckin owned the place, and were intense as hell. Merchandise was cheap, and I
picked up the new live dvd for $15, the live cd for $10, a CLUTCH shirt for
me for $20, one for Lisa for $10 and the gave me the Burning Beard cd single
for free. I was bummed that there wasn't any bumper stickers to slap on my
car :^(

--------------------

yawn

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted September 16, 2008 14:05     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking MOTORHEAD TONIGHT!!!!

KILL BY DEATH !!!! DEAF FOREVER !!!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 18, 2008 02:03     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:

See you at the bar Nuke!

I've never seen them, and know that if I miss this I never will! See you at the bar

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 01, 2008 14:27     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amorphis at Foufounes Electriques friday in MTL. VERY tempted to go... I might!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan