my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 46)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 14, 2013 14:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's funny, Testament were in Albuquerque too, but not playing. Just hanging out.

hypergrrl went to the KMFDM show here and loved it

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 16, 2013 01:44     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At least they hung out! They kinda said "Screw you Seattle" and went on to Vancouver haha.

KMFDM is pretty much just about energy and assaulting your senses, and the hot chick staring people down lol

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 22, 2013 22:00     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KMFDM torched it!! Going back to Germany to finish their 30th Anniversary album for next year.

Tonight is Monster Magnet, first US tour in almost 10 yrs!!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 23, 2013 18:32     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Monster Magnet was heavier than heavy!! I never really got into them but have heard 'Spine of God' a few times, definitely a live band for sure. Plus, did not know the rhythm section is from Atomic Bitchwax.

Gearing up for Morbid Angel on Monday!!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 08, 2013 17:51     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw Pearl Jam Friday, great homecoming show. They played Mother Love Bone's "Crown of Thorns" which made it all the more worthwhile.

Gonna try to hit High on Fire tonight!

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 04, 2014 12:53     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
in an hour or so:

Mortal Form
Wicked Mystic
Houwitser

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 05, 2014 17:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
Saw Pearl Jam Friday, great homecoming show. They played Mother Love Bone's "Crown of Thorns" which made it all the more worthwhile.

Gonna try to hit High on Fire tonight!

The Fan Club had a nice discount on purchases during the holiday, so once again I opened the wallet and purchased the box set of all North American tour live shows, and zalso picked up the 3 shows they played in South America. I can't wait to relive the Baltimore show that I attended.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 08, 2014 22:00     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's cool Dave, let me know what you think of the Seattle show haha. I was fortunate enough to know a guy that happened to know another guy that was able to bootleg the show here, not a bad recording either. Sometimes it's neat to hear the audience perspective as opposed to soundboard, which is most likely what the boots a band puts out usually are from, but of course they touch them up and stuff to where it doesn't really sound like a SB recording anymore.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 09, 2014 14:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
Sometimes it's neat to hear the audience perspective as opposed to soundboard, which is most likely what the boots a band puts out usually are from, but of course they touch them up and stuff to where it doesn't really sound like a SB recording anymore.

I remember a Metallica bootleg cd that was recorded in the audience also. From the back. It was laughable because during the song "one" people were going like: whooo-ooo-ooo-ooo whooo-ooo-ooo whooo-ooo-ooo in the intro..

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 09, 2014 17:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DEATH ANGEL - March........they're playing three shows within a 3 hour radius of me. Will have to make atleast one.......
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 09, 2014 21:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They do a great job on the Pearl Jam bootlegs that get released through the web site, and the get them out and up online to download damn fast after the show. I prefer to wait until they create a box set which save some money and then give a discount on top of that. It costs a lot but the price per show is great.

Mez, if you haven't seen Death Angel before you are in for a treat... especially if they are headlining.

--------------------

yawn

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted January 10, 2014 10:20     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
https://twitter.com/TheMetalFest
https://es-la.facebook.com/themetalfest

I'm so fucking happy

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 10, 2014 17:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, if you haven't seen Death Angel before you are in for a treat... especially if they are headlining.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Thankfully they are headlining! I'm greatly looking forward to it. I've only caught the tail end of their show a couple of years back...when they weren't headlining....so this is gonna be pretty much like the first time.

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted January 12, 2014 03:48     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Mez, if you haven't seen Death Angel before you are in for a treat... especially if they are headlining.

Thankfully they are headlining! I'm greatly looking forward to it. I've only caught the tail end of their show a couple of years back...when they weren't headlining....so this is gonna be pretty much like the first time.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Yup, they always deliver everything on stage. I'm sure you will enjoy too

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 17, 2014 16:57     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, that's funny Paul. I have some boots where you can here bottles being thrown in the trash at the bar, people talking, it's quite humorous.

Dave, smart move on your part to wait till they box everything. I actually met the guy who runs the Ten Club at the PJ show, really nice guy.

Death Angel headlining is a must, you go Mezlee!! I saw them about 3 yrs ago when they did that.

Last week I went to some local club's (Neumo) 20 yr annv parties (actually it was for people that worked at Moe, before it closed then turned into...Neumo lol). Anyways, saw some bands that were really big locally back then: Goodness, Hyperlung, Sage, Truly, and then on the last day an impromptu 45 minute set by the original members of Presidents of the USA (which I have not a care for, but was still cool considering).

Tonight I'm hitting up Philip H. Anselmo and the Illegals, I hear they do some Pantera and Superjoint too.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 23, 2014 15:41     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw Pentagram last night, pleasantly surprised that Victor Griffin is once again slinging the axe!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 07, 2014 11:44     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw Skinny Puppy on the 1st, Ogre was sick and they didn't do an encore.

Saw Russian Circles on the 4th, pretty loud and heavy!

Can't wait for SPIRIT CARAVAN on the 22nd!!

...and Carcass on the 29th

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 07, 2014 13:34     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn. Spirit Caravan... That would be something

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted March 11, 2014 06:50     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Friday, 14.03.2014 plays L A I B A C H in Köln (Cologne,Germoney) - Hell Yeah!!!!

I'm happy like a pig in shit

--------------------

Inside a giant particle accelerator,a beam of protons,traveling at near the speed of light meets a beam of antiprotons moving equally fast in the opposite direction.The protons and mirror-image antiprotons annihilate each other,creating the fiery chaos of a parallel micro-galaxy.Experiment one complete,the VOIVOD goes into that new dimension,meeting different civilisations and psychic entities,extracting knowledge and energy in the eight programs of this project called: D I M E N S I O N H A T R Ö S S

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 11, 2014 11:55     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
Damn. Spirit Caravan... That would be something

Spirit Caravan and Pilgrim will be here on Monday the 17th.

Hell, we have lots of shows here in Albuquerque coming up:

13th - Helms Alee and KENmode w/Russian Circles

16th - Truckfighters

17th - Spirit Caravan & Pilgrim

24th - Crosses (looking forward to this one)

27th - Deafheaven

April 30th - KADAVAR

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 11, 2014 11:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
10-13 April: ROADBURN!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 12, 2014 04:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 12, 2014 10:02     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Crimson Projekt tonight!
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 12, 2014 13:04     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:

Sounds interesting. What's it like?

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 12, 2014 13:04     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luna:
[qb]10-13 April: ROADBURN!!!!!!!!!!

[/QB][/QUOTE]

First you have to listen to some good ol Swedish Dansband for 3 days straight at our place in the woods:

Ugh and then some!

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan