my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 27)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 16, 2009 16:53     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heino:

August, 11th - Fear Factory

Fear Factory? Really? Didn't know they were doing anything right now. In fact, I thought perhaps they'd called it quits again.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted June 16, 2009 17:18     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
In fact, I thought perhaps they'd called it quits again.

..and i think, they will quit again after this tour
Since Burton and Dino remove their differences (but how long?), it was just a matter of time for a "Reunite Tour". So the actual line-up is worth a seeing: Burton C. Bell (vocals), Dino Cazares (guitar), Byron Stroud (bass) & Gene Hoglan on drums!

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 17, 2009 12:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I looked at their website yesterday and saw no info about tour dates, nor the reunite gig either. So, with that info lacking on their website and their myspazz page, I suppose they are going to quit again. Are they doing only overseas dates?

--------------------

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted June 17, 2009 17:43     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There were two reason, why there's no info on their pages. I found earlier this day:
Number One:
quote:
On behalf of Fear Factory, I am writing to each and every one of you to relay important
information regarding the Fear Factory concerts between June 21, through August 15. We regretfully
are informing you that we are postponing these dates in Europe, to schedule for later dates. Burton & Dino

Number Two (From Blabbermouth):
quote:
ARKAEA/FEAR FACTORY members Christian Olde Wolbers (guitar) and Raymond Herrera (drums)
were the featured guests on the June 14, 2009 edition of the nationally syndicated radio program "Speed Freaks".

When asked if FEAR FACTORY was "done," Raymond replied, "We're [Christian and I] actually still in FEAR FACTORY.
There's a big legal battle going on right now. Essentially, what's happened is
Dino [Cazares, former FEAR FACTORY guitarist] and Burt [C. Bell, FEAR FACTORY singer]
have become friends again and they decided to start a new band, and furthermore,
they decided to call it FEAR FACTORY. They never communicated with us about it,
and they're acting like there was never any contract, but there's four members that are
Fear Factory Incorporated — which is the four of us — so it's almost like them two against us two,
so it's kind of a stalemate. Moving forward, I don't know what's gonna happen with the trademark,
so to speak. It's kind of a weird situation, but it's not a situation that we created that was weird."

There were also dates for an Australia Tour in August, but for those, i got no info.

I'm glad that i only reserved the tix, not payed them yet...

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 20, 2009 16:50     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jeebus...what a fuck story. Such a shame, I was on their myspazz page and listened to FF tunes all afternoon and goddamn! I love them.

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 23, 2009 04:08     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Went to Life of Agony last Friday at a little festival (2500 people). They were great! The created the biggest moshpit I saw in years and even KC wasn't waisted

I was glad they didn't play newer stuff

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 24, 2009 11:59     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alice in Chains kick off their tour tonight!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 24, 2009 14:16     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finntroll on Saturday

--------------------

String em up

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 13, 2009 23:24     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heading to the Butthole Surfers show now!

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted October 14, 2009 07:47     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Cult yesterday, it was great!

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 14, 2009 08:56     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod + Mononc' Serge (& L'académie du Massacre) friday night @ Theatre Granada, right here in Sherbrooke.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 14, 2009 14:12     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hah, ok for you locals!

--------------------

String em up

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 15, 2009 00:44     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wanna see Voivod god dangit!!! US tour US tour US tour...

That Butthole show was off the HINGES. Incredible. I've never been a big fan or anything but they are very good at what they do, everyone there was going apeshit. Met Gibby for a minute, cool dude. Try and see this reunion tour if it is anywhere near you, and even if you don't even care about them it's still a badass show haha.

I had the pleasure of seeing Mastodon on that Dethklok tour a couple weeks ago, nice to see them in a bigger venue with big sound. They're still doing the whole Crack album start to finish, the accompanying videoplay is insane. Got to bullshit a while during Dethklok, Brent was a drunk jokester as usual flinging tuna all over the place, Bill's married now, Brann's still wearing pastelly tight gay t-shirts and Troy is growing his hair out "one more time". I love 'em!!

--------------------

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted October 16, 2009 09:40     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Voivod + Mononc' Serge (& L'académie du Massacre) friday night @ Theatre Granada, right here in Sherbrooke.

see you there mon frère !!!

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 16, 2009 09:56     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Y va faire SWÈFE!!!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 16, 2009 12:12     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Couple of nice shows to come:

Out 31st - Kreator+Exodus (not sure yet, gotta work on Sunday)
Nov 27th - AC/DC
Nov 29th - Entombed
Dec 4th - Fear Factory

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 17, 2009 05:18     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
16 dec, Rijssen OV.
ACE FUCKING FREHLEY

19 dec at the Eindhoven Metal Meeting:

Ulcerate
Belphegor
Destroyer 666
The Devil's Blood
Devious
Entombed
Equilibrium
Hackneyed
Impaled Nazarene
Krisiun
Legion of the Damned
Nile
Satyricon
Serpent Cult
Shining (Zweden)
Skyforger
Thyrfing

Gonna B @ both gigs.

@ Robert Schoolmeesters, ga jij ook naar EHV?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 17, 2009 11:03     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BARONESS/KYLESA tonight!

Pictures will be up tomorrow......

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 18, 2009 09:28     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted October 18, 2009 10:46     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last night - God Dethroned / St Vitus / Misfits / Type O

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 18, 2009 11:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice photo nia...now that Voivod have completed most of their overseas jaunts, are there any plans for a US tour? Or in the very least, a few dates planned?

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 18, 2009 15:23     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool, that looks a really nice venue to play in!
When they coming to the UK??

--------------------

String em up

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 18, 2009 15:47     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

VVF Ynys Trebes caught in a flash with what appears to be H's lookalike (kind of) in Sherbrooke friday night.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 19, 2009 20:03     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
10/17/09

KYLESA/BARONESS

Savannah GA

Here's my key moments from memory:

Laura Pleasants holding her beautiful goldtop les paul in one hand and smiling at me....the phallic imagery of that was too much and I almost fell over. What a metal goddess!

Experiencing Baroness ripping into their now classic 'The Birthing' five feet in front of me. Actually I was behind them the whole time trying to stand away from the blast and save what little is left of my ears...

Consuming what was probably the equivalent of 400 packs of cigarettes in 3 hours....probably decreasing my lifespan by about ten years. Seriously, it was so bad I actually had to leave after only 4 songs by Baroness. After each set they'd open the doors to help release the massive nicotine cloud from within. Pretty sad.

Having issues getting the pictures straight from my Iphone. I've downloaded them but everytime I try to upload on photobucket the photos are turned to the right. Really weird. I'll keep working on them because they would be really cool to post.

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted October 21, 2009 07:58     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
@ Robert Schoolmeesters, ga jij ook naar EHV?[/QB]

Nope, have something else that date...

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan