my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 42)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted February 14, 2013 07:42     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't wait for april to come:

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 14, 2013 18:42     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
I wanna see Danko Jones again!

Just realized he's an opening act for Volbeat, hmm, dunno if it's worth it, but those are my sentiments exactly!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 14, 2013 18:48     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
The show at the Fillmore in Silver Spring MD was intense.

Great night.

Nice review there (well the whole thing, I just didn't wanna quote it all haha). I wish Testament would headline here, they are always supporting for some reason. But this seems to be their first leg of this tour, so hopefully later in the year they make it up this way.

As far as the comment about it being a more mellow, older crowd, this IS the setting I prefer because I can get closer and not have to watch the crowd the whole time for self defense lol, can actually concentrate on THE BAND, the fucking reason I went there in the first place!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 14, 2013 18:51     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggïïïrrr:
Can't wait for april to come:

That looks like MAD fun, dude!

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted February 15, 2013 14:17     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
That looks like MAD fun, dude!

Yeah, although last year, believe it or not, there was no beer on that festival. Crossing my fingers for this year. At least the bill is even better than the 2012 one(which was pretty cool as well)

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 15, 2013 18:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Nice review there (well the whole thing, I just didn't wanna quote it all haha). I wish Testament would headline here, they are always supporting for some reason. But this seems to be their first leg of this tour, so hopefully later in the year they make it up this way.

As far as the comment about it being a more mellow, older crowd, this IS the setting I prefer because I can get closer and not have to watch the crowd the whole time for self defense lol, can actually concentrate on THE BAND, the fucking reason I went there in the first place!

I loved the fact that there was hardly any moshing and swirling pits. I'm able to enjoy the bands more when you don't have to worry about yourself or the girl who's with you getting knocked down. Testament has headlined 2 of the 3 times I have seen them in the last few years. I would have actually rather seen Overkill headline since it's been so long since I've seen them play and there were so many songs I would have loved to hear them play live. It would be really cool it they did a show, and filmed it, where they played the entire LEGEND OF OVERKILL SAGA. Those songs are some of my favorites and to have the entire story all at once and how each song blends into the next one would be perfect in a live setting. I made a compilation cd of all of them.

--------------------

yawn

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 20, 2013 10:09     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Next week my boyfriend and I will go see Inquisition and Marduk. We've only seen Inquisition once before so we're really excited. They're one of our favorite bands and it'll be great despite them getting probably a half hour set.

Marduk should be interesting as well, I've never seen them before but Greg has.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 20, 2013 16:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

The Stick Men at Rams Head in Annapolis Maryland March 28th. Meeting my brother there for this show. 3 amazing musicians, at a cool venue. Hopefully they'll do a meet & greet after the performance so I get some cool shit signed by these guys.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 21, 2013 07:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Most excitement I've had lately was Fishbone last Monday. Always good entertainment there...I'd be happy just watching Norwood Fisher play along with the drummer for two hours. That guy is freaking brilliant.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 21, 2013 11:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mez, check out Norwood's latest band called TEN. Thomas Pridgen on drums and a local New Mexican guitar playing badass named Eric McFadden:
Eric McFadden/TEN

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 21, 2013 17:53     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tomorrow New Orleans jazz ensemble GALACTIC is playing with Corey Glover!

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 21, 2013 20:36     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Hey Mez, check out Norwood's latest band called TEN. Thomas Pridgen on drums and a local New Mexican guitar playing badass named Eric McFadden:
Eric McFadden/TEN

Thanks for the tip. I'll want to hear this.

G_o_U
VoivodFan
Member # 1482

posted February 24, 2013 13:10     Profile for G_o_U   Email G_o_U     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
09.03 - Kreator
05.04 - Michael Schenker
20.04 - Tankard
02.05 - Necronomicon
16.07 - Iron Maiden
18.07 - Iron Maiden
26.07 - Motorhead
05.09 - Onslaught

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 24, 2013 18:34     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Goatwhore will be home in New Orleans on May 15, my b-day!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 04, 2013 19:49     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's awesome NF, great guys. Ben always helps give us a "poor music fan" discount on merch haha, but at least we are actually buying stuff to begin with. I know people don't really wear "hoodies" much down where you are but up here they are a necessity, and they carry the good material haha. Sammy is always fun to hang with, good peeps...Have fun!

I found your post funny because today is my b-day and none other than Chicago-legend thrash/death lord MASTER is playing tonight! He lives in Czech now and doesn't really make it to the states much, should be a real treat.

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 05, 2013 01:44     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Next Sunday Living Colour's Vivid 25th anniversary tour in Roermond. Will be my 25th anniversary LC gig too

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 05, 2013 10:51     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DBC...that is cool as hell. Also, I like your signature.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 05, 2013 12:55     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Going with MILLE to Wicked Mystic in Nijmegen
on Saturday.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 06, 2013 02:11     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
DBC...that is cool as hell. Also, I like your signature.

Trinacria \m/

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted March 09, 2013 00:28     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SICK show happening in NJ in a few weeks, a benefit for area folks smashed by Hurricaine Sandy - TWISTED SISTER / RAVEN / ANVIL / THE RODS.

Any'a youz guys going?

BEst,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 09, 2013 01:45     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
That's awesome NF, great guys. Ben always helps give us a "poor music fan" discount on merch haha, but at least we are actually buying stuff to begin with. I know people don't really wear "hoodies" much down where you are but up here they are a necessity, and they carry the good material haha. Sammy is always fun to hang with, good peeps...Have fun!

I found your post funny because today is my b-day and none other than Chicago-legend thrash/death lord MASTER is playing tonight! He lives in Czech now and doesn't really make it to the states much, should be a real treat.

Happy late birthday!

Ben is a very genuine guy; so opposite from his musical persona. I might also add, he is the one who really launched my Voivod fanaticism back in 1989. We grew up less than 100yd. from each other.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 21, 2013 23:33     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks dude! Pretty cool you grew up with Ben, I remember your story about how you thought Celtic Frost sucked cuz all you had heard was Cold Lake, that cracks me up lol. I wonder when Soilent is ever gonna do something again? I guess everybody is too busy being in more prominent/$$ bands right now.

Back to the concert front, I am gonna miss Danko Jones tomorrow because I don't care for Volbeat or whatever the fuck they're called, just another trendy band of the moment. Next week is big, I have Orange Goblin/Clutch Friday, KMFDM Saturday, and Exodus/Anthrax/High on Fire/Municipal Waste Sunday

--------------------

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted March 30, 2013 06:44     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same procedure as every year for me:

Anyone is being there too?
For having a beer or two?
Or their famous Schnitzel?

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 01, 2013 12:09     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Goatwhore tonight...hell, I almost forgot about this one

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 07, 2013 19:40     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Goatwhore tonight...hell, I almost forgot about this one

How did that turn out? I'm going on Tuesday!

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan