Click here to lend your support to: Donate to keep VoivodFan alive! and make a donation at www.pledgie.com !

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 11)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted February 20, 2006 04:06     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
anyone from here goes to one of the Kreator shows? If I'm right they must play tomorrow in Montreal and today in Toronto????
A small review and the Setlist would be ingenious thanks a lot!!!

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

|  IP: Logged
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 22, 2006 13:19     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:

not coming to my town, but maybe yours with the blackened one in tow.

So any of you Seattle-area folks going to this? Friday night at the Crocodile. I'm going! Mike, John, Paul (George and Ringo)? I have no idea how I'll get home now that I live in Edmonds (I guarantee I'm not taking a cab), so I may be hanging out downtown all night...but I haven't been to a show in a while, so I'm up for it!

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 22, 2006 14:09     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do go! Blacky is one super fly dOOd! And Early Man and The Sword are pretty bad ass. Sorry, wasn't much into Priestess...but my cheap ass did buy one of their t-shirts. See? I'm not so bad afterall.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 06, 2006 02:39     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just got back from Dark Tranquillity, Devildriver and Opeth, and let me tell you, it was one hell of a show. New venue (actually called The Venue) in an old movie theater downtown. They ripped all the seats out of the main level and built a stage. There's still seats in the balcony level, and the whole place was PACKED. Sold out in fact. The lineup to get in went all the way around the building. Nuts. Good thing it wasn't snowing too bad, coz it took over an hour to get inside!

Dark Tranquillity were good, played like 6 songs. 3 off Character (which is a really good album). They played some old tunes that were good too. I only have the new one and Haven, so I'm not too familliar with them. Good Swedish Melo-Death. The diehard fans ate it up, and there were quite a few. They have a kick ass front man. One guitar player looked pretty tired, or bored. lol

Devildriver were up next. Never heard a note before. Not bad. Kinda Death-N-Roll Entombed-ish stuff. Tight as fuck. Their sound was much better than DT (who was a bit muddy and kinda quiet), and at times their mix was even better than Opeth. Drummer and Bass player were doing the head pinwheel thing in unison quite a bit. Very cool to see a drummer do that! They were shooting a live DVD apparently, but I couldn't see cameras anywhere.

Opeth...fucking ruled. Played for just over 2 hours. Tight and just, well...Opeth. mikael was very ill, but sounded great and is quite a funny dude onstage. Couldn't hear Peter's leads at first, but they sounded much better a couple of songs in. It was the touring drummer Martin Axenrot's birthday so everyone sang for him and egged him on to do a drum solo. He did and afterwards Mikael goes "And so now how do we follow that. Fun stuff. Opeth's set list was:

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
The Baying Of The Hounds
Beneath The Weeping Moon
Closure
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance

Amazing band live, hope they come back and play more (I'd like to have heard Harvest, Bleak or Demon Of The Fall)
That's my shitty review. Go see Opeth.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 06, 2006 08:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OPETH must be on the "Movie Theater turned Concert Hall" tour because that's what Recter's Theater was was a few years ago.

here's the set list for the show I saw:
Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
The Baying of the Hounds
Closure
Under the Weeping Moon
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
Encore: Deliverance

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 06, 2006 09:26     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Forgot to mention that Mikael was wearing a cool Korgull t-shirt.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 22, 2006 01:43     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just saw Himsa Sunday night. They are cool guys, can't say I am VERY fond of their music, but they are not bad. I have known the singer for over a year and he is cool as fuck. He broke his wrist diving into the audience, he's nuts.

Where is this leading to, you may wonder? Well I'll tell ya:

There was a guy named Brent Hines there, you may know him as one of the singer/guitarists of Mastodon. He's good friends with Pettibone (singer of Himsa), and he came out to the show because Mastodon are 3 weeks into recording their next album, here in Seattle. He said things are coming along, they are really taking their time. Since they don't plan on touring till with Slayer in the summer, they have all the time in the world. Anyways, he was hammered and it was surprising to see him there, he's one down to earth dude.

So yeah, album coming along, more details as they come haha....

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 22, 2006 08:05     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Mike was Opeth was saying "hello Baltimore" then "hello Towson" and mentioned they hadn't played here before but I think someone corrected him, and then he said "Hello Detroit" I laffed my ass of, he's funny as hell.

"Hello... (*looks at the back of his guitar*) Springfield!.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 04, 2006 13:35     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well... me and HeadVillian were going to see Killing Joke tommorow but they cancelled due to, ahem, 'Psychiatric reasons within the band'. Mad fuckers.

Next month, then.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 04, 2006 14:37     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slayer, Children Of Bodom, Mastodon, Lamb Of God, Thine Eyes Bleed on July 9th. The day after my b-day. Got floor tix.

Arch Enemy, Hate Eternal, Cimaira, God Forbid April 18th.

Just announced:

Sounds of the Underground 2006

AS I LAY DYING
IN FLAMES
TRIVIUM
CANNIBAL CORPSE
GWAR
TERROR
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
BEHEMOTH
THE CHARIOT
THROUGH THE EYES OF THE DEAD

Aug. 06 - Winnipeg, MB @ Convention Centre

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 15, 2006 19:10     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Like...you know...The Quill just played this shitty lil' town here...just like...WOW! Did they fucking rule etc!!! LOVE!!!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted April 16, 2006 03:34     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fear Factory tonight (Easter Day). Should be a good night out, but I am not expecting anything spectacular.

I have been to eight big name gigs in the last six months and Opeth were by far the most kick-ass. I can't wait until they tour next time round.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 28, 2006 22:26     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 29, 2006 07:05     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Killing Joke tuesday. Tickets booked, course set, we have ignition...
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 30, 2006 09:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Trouble/DragonForce/Gamma Ray -
Worchester, MA...if I can manage to get there later today.

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 30, 2006 10:15     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw King Diamond yesterday, never seen him live before. He had a very sore throat and apologized for "fucked-up vocal cords, my high voice is fucking gone man!" He pulled a decent show tho, with the backup singer lady from Hungary patching the missing high E's The band was on fire, no mistakes and brilliant sound. Andy LaRocque was every bit as excellent as I anticipated him to be, and the other guitarist was top notch too. A 90-minute set, two encores and at least four "thanks for being so understanding, you're awesome!" comments later they left the stage, smiling. Great gig!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 30, 2006 10:29     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinenz:
Saw King Diamond yesterday, never seen him live before. He had a very sore throat and apologized for "fucked-up vocal cords, my high voice is fucking gone man!" He pulled a decent show tho, with the backup singer lady from Hungary patching the missing high E's The band was on fire, no mistakes and brilliant sound. Andy LaRocque was every bit as excellent as I anticipated him to be, and the other guitarist was top notch too. A 90-minute set, two encores and at least four "thanks for being so understanding, you're awesome!" comments later they left the stage, smiling. Great gig!

Great review, thanks.
NP: King Diamond: Them.

31 may 2006 : Celtic Frost in Belgium
(1st gig !!)

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 02, 2006 19:10     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lyckantropen:
Killing Joke tuesday. Tickets booked, course set, we have ignition...

...was incredible. First time they've played in Oxford since I've been alive, apparently. Fantabulous.

Next up is Suffocation/Necrophagist/Alarum in June.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 07, 2006 06:19     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just saw these guys last night, Slow Music
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002424763

One word: DIFFERENT.

Like it? YES.

Here's a link to their website
http://www.slowmusicproject.com/

Think of Fantomas 'Delirium Cordia' but slowed down X10, without riffs.

--------------------

chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted May 07, 2006 13:56     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuke Fewz:
I just saw these guys last night, Slow Music
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002424763

One word: DIFFERENT.

Like it? YES.

Here's a link to their website
http://www.slowmusicproject.com/

Think of Fantomas 'Delirium Cordia' but slowed down X10, without riffs.

Damn, I was gonna see that when they played Portland, but couldn't make it

Sounds like it was cool though! Glad ya liked it

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 07, 2006 18:58     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chaosmongirll:

Damn, I was gonna see that when they played Portland, but couldn't make it

Sounds like it was cool though! Glad ya liked it

It was a really laid back evening, the only person I ended up talking to was Bill Rieflin, he does most of the keyboards and synth effects/samples etc....Didn't meet Fripp, he really keeps to himself, and doesn't sign anything either.

Yes I had a great time!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 08, 2006 15:12     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Goatwhore - tomorrow night

Obituary - 21/May ! ! !

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 27, 2006 22:47     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lunaz:
Goatwhore - tomorrow night

Obituary - 21/May ! ! !

How was Goatwhore!?

Tomorrow I am seeing...MINISTRY!!

I am wondering if it is the same people on the album: Tommy Victor, Paul Raven, Joey Jordison

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 28, 2006 11:25     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just to make you all yealous......

Wednesday 31 may.

CELTIC FROST - Vosselaar Belgium

yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 30, 2006 00:58     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuke Fewz:

I am wondering if it is the same people on the album: Tommy Victor, Paul Raven, Joey Jordison

Yep, they were there alright.

WHEW, B R U T A L

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan