my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 10)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 05, 2006 13:23     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cryptopsy, Aborted and friends, Camden Underworld, 10th Feb, 4 PM onwards.

A friend and I are going to be there, just ordered our tickets. Any other people considering partaking in the Communion of the Worms?

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 05, 2006 15:55     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha, give lord worm my best regards. i think in terms of protein he might want some nice fish and chips tho.

eric galy should be doing cryptopsy's merch, ask to see his voivod tattoo!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 06, 2006 14:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OPETH with Devin Townsend Band Feb 17 @ Rechter's Theater in Towson MD. I might have to fake my own death to go see this gig.

--------------------

yawn

JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted February 06, 2006 16:36     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder, make sure you get your arse down to that Opeth gig. You won't be disappointed. We saw them two months ago and they put on a fantastic show. Great music and banter from the hilarious Mikael Akerfeldt.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 07, 2006 19:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been listening to Ghost Reveries a few times today and I've cometo the conclusion that I MUST GO TO THE SHOW Damnation is one of my fav albums of all time and even though I doubt they will play anything from it I know Opeth puts on an incredible show. I saw them twice with Porcupine Tree during the In Absetia / Damnation tour and the Lamentations dvd is intense as fuck, and Ghost Reveries just annihilates with each listen... so there is no choice for me but to go and have my soul cleansed with music.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 07, 2006 21:31     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Opeth's playing in butt-ass Phoenix, but I might go. Dammit schroeder! Lucky bastard for seeing the In Absentia tour...*envious as hell*

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 08, 2006 06:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Opeth's playing in butt-ass Phoenix, but I might go. Dammit schroeder! Lucky bastard for seeing the In Absentia tour...*envious as hell*

Actually I'm not sure what was better: The In Absentia tour because OPETH was a part of it, or the recent DARK WING tour because the set let was off the hook. OK they were both GOD-LIKE

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 08, 2006 06:55     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I've been listening to Ghost Reveries a few times today and I've cometo the conclusion that I MUST GO TO THE SHOW Damnation is one of my fav albums of all time and even though I doubt they will play anything from it I know Opeth puts on an incredible show. I saw them twice with Porcupine Tree during the In Absetia / Damnation tour and the Lamentations dvd is intense as fuck, and Ghost Reveries just annihilates with each listen... so there is no choice for me but to go and have my soul cleansed with music.

Schroeder, when i saw them a few weeks ago OPETH didn't play mich of Damnation af all. It was a concert full of old, never live heard very hard songs and much of deliverance, Gost and BWP. To me, i love mostly the loud stuff it was an amazing concert. OPETH didn't let us go for a second.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 08, 2006 18:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
i came home from work with every intention of ordering my ticket, and guess what?

SOLD OUT

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 09, 2006 18:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A friend called to let me know that he has "hooked me up" and I will now defintley be going

FUCKIN' A

I'm a happy metal head

wooooo hooooooo

\m/ \m/

--------------------

yawn

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted February 14, 2006 09:13     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess the game is over, at least over here in Montreal, for Blue Oyster Cult and Loudness : their shows (separate gigs and dates) were cancelled for lack of ticket sales...

Who's next?
Celtic Frost????
At 50$...

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 14, 2006 17:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that sucks. BOC put on a good solid rockin show. I didn't know they hooked up with loudness... wow. I haven't heard or seen from them since the 80's when they played Hammerjacks... Reavy Metal

--------------------

yawn

JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted February 14, 2006 20:33     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder, please report back from the Opeth gig.

Oh, on second thoughts don't bother. I already know it will be kick-ass!!!

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted February 14, 2006 21:02     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
that sucks. BOC put on a good solid rockin show. I didn't know they hooked up with loudness... wow. I haven't heard or seen from them since the 80's when they played Hammerjacks... Reavy Metal

No. They weren't on the same bill. Sorry if I wrote that thing so badly.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 14, 2006 23:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, you can bet I'll be bragging about how incredible OPETH was, and also Devin Townsend Band is opening. I went out to try and by the new DTB cd yesterday but none of my local stores had it... DAMN THEM.

Looking forward to friday night of metal... I NEED THIS like you wouldn't believe

Thanks for clearing up the BOC/Loudness thing. I thought it was a strange grouping... damn shame the ticket sales weren't happening in either case.

--------------------

yawn

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted February 15, 2006 00:11     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, there's about 60 shows every day here, and about 25% of them, rock'n'roll.

Too many shows, not enuff people. I know what I'm talking about.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 15, 2006 09:13     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Looking forward to friday night of metal... I NEED THIS like you wouldn't believe

Believe it! haha. I purchased a couple of tix for the Opeth Phoenix show,,,now I have to look into the plane ride part of it, and a date.

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 15, 2006 09:20     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw Opeth in London. They were indeed excellent. Although I gotta say that they're not the most visually stimulating band I've ever seen! Good job I only care about the riffs, and they've got plenty of those! Enjoy the show Schroeder.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 18, 2006 17:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OH MY FUCKIN GOD!!!!! OPETH WAS IN-FUCK-ING-CRED-I-BLE !!!!
Mike had hillarious between song banter. He let some dude propose to his gal onstage. They played their fuckin asses off and it was a day to remember.
I got to hang out with a bunch of great friends who I don't get to see enough, and on top of that the show was fantastic (except for Dark Tranquility).
Devin Towsend Band started the evening with a short intense set, which compelled me to go buy their new cd today for the drive home (after I blasted Ghost Reveries first).

Dark Tranquility played which gave me every reason to talk with my friends and basically ignore the band. Their not bad, it's just that they has the same style as every other dime a dozen death metal Sweedish metal band and nothing (to me) that makes them stand out... unlike Opeth.

Opeth took the stage and totally capivated the sold out crowd. Mike even made a comment about our friend Stephanie when he mentioned his back hurt and was windering where Steph was to give him a massage (that's her job... or some inside joke ). I enjoyed the live show so much more than the cds but I now have every reason to play their back catalog a lot more than I do. They covered almost all their albums and did an awesome improve during CLOSURE that reminded me sometimes of Deep Purple (John Lord) and part of Mike's playing reminded me of Steven Wilson.

If you get a chance to see this tour DO IT.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 18, 2006 18:59     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool schroeder...thanks for that enthusiastic review. Now I really look forward to seeing these guys.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 19, 2006 07:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OVERKILL and PRONG are playing tonight at Rechters Theater where I just saw OPETH. DAMN I wish I wasn't 3 hours away, or I would be there. I gotta work today and to make the drive after work is pushing it for this old sleepy body.... FUCK!!!!

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 19, 2006 09:44     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
OVERKILL and PRONG are playing tonight at Rechters Theater where I just saw OPETH. DAMN I wish I wasn't 3 hours away, or I would be there. I gotta work today and to make the drive after work is pushing it for this old sleepy body.... FUCK!!!!

did u wear your voivod shirt?

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 19, 2006 12:25     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
OH MY FUCKIN GOD!!!!! OPETH WAS IN-FUCK-ING-CRED-I-BLE !!!!
Mike had hillarious between song banter. He let some dude propose to his gal onstage. They played their fuckin asses off and it was a day to remember.
I got to hang out with a bunch of great friends who I don't get to see enough, and on top of that the show was fantastic (except for Dark Tranquility).
Devin Towsend Band started the evening with a short intense set, which compelled me to go buy their new cd today for the drive home (after I blasted Ghost Reveries first).

Dark Tranquility played which gave me every reason to talk with my friends and basically ignore the band. Their not bad, it's just that they has the same style as every other dime a dozen death metal Sweedish metal band and nothing (to me) that makes them stand out... unlike Opeth.

Opeth took the stage and totally capivated the sold out crowd. Mike even made a comment about our friend Stephanie when he mentioned his back hurt and was windering where Steph was to give him a massage (that's her job... or some inside joke ). I enjoyed the live show so much more than the cds but I now have every reason to play their back catalog a lot more than I do. They covered almost all their albums and did an awesome improve during CLOSURE that reminded me sometimes of Deep Purple (John Lord) and part of Mike's playing reminded me of Steven Wilson.

If you get a chance to see this tour DO IT.

Thanks for the review! I'm pissed off this tour isn't hitting Seattle, oh well. I agree about Dark Tranquility, they are alright but very redundant. I actually know the guy doing sound for them on this tour. Somehow he has gotten in good with the Swedes, he's done Hypocrisy too. He said DT missed their plane out of Paris and the first show was cancelled. I'm not sure if he meant the whole show or just DT. At any rate, you are damn lucky they didn't bung everything up for YOU! Fucking idiots...

Anyways, glad you got to see a good show finally man!

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 19, 2006 22:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not in my town actually, but the ROLLING STONES played yesterday for 1,300,000 fanatics in Rio de Janeiro!

The concert was televised though (it was broadcasted in Mexico, USA and Canada as well, from what I heard), and I must say it was awesome.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 20, 2006 00:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i did wear my VOIVOD shirt but there was no one cool enough to make any comments on it except for a few of my friends... at least I was 'representing".

A friend of mine who's a huge Opeth fan and knows the guys in the band said the t shirts they made for this tour were done way in advance and there are a bunch of dates and cities on the shirt listed that they aren't even playing in... that's kinda funny.

Mike was Opeth was saying "hello Baltimore" then "hello Towson" and mentioned they hadn't played here before but I think someone corrected him, and then he said "Hello Detroit" I laffed my ass of, he's funny as hell.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan