my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 45)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 18, 2013 18:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Newclear, did you get in the Hot Tub Time Machine? Cool bands!!!

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 19, 2013 08:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Enslaved in January!! Yes!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 26, 2013 19:41     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Hey Newclear, did you get in the Hot Tub Time Machine? Cool bands!!!

It somehow came to me!! Every show was a blast. Eddie Vedder did 2 songs with X, he was only there with his daughter and they even left early due to her maybe only being 8 and having school the next day...

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 26, 2013 19:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
It somehow came to me!! Every show was a blast. Eddie Vedder did 2 songs with X, he was only there with his daughter and they even left early due to her maybe only being 8 and having school the next day...

TOO FUCKING COOL
I'm going to see Pearl Jam on October 27 in Baltimore. I love what I've heard from the new album.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 26, 2013 19:58     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's cool Dave, I haven't even heard any of the new stuff yet but rumblings around here are that it a 'return to form' of sorts. And this is coming mainly from band members themselves haha, so I believe it!

PJ is doing some sorta Q&A here next week at their original studio, Bad Animals, for Ten Club fans, do you know anything about this? Glad yer getting to see them!!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 27, 2013 19:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've heard about the Q&A but of course living on the east side of the states, I won't be there. They just posted a cool Q&A video online about the new album.
new videos:
punky pearl jam
MIND YOUR MANNERS
serious pearl jam
SIRENS

I think this new album is going to be diverse and excellent.

--------------------

yawn

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted September 27, 2013 20:55     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Legendary Pink Dots.

Amazing.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted October 08, 2013 04:40     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great - The Legendary Pink Dots i like to see also.

My last gigs:

22.June - NEUROSIS in Antwerpen,Belgium - ah fuck, what an awesome gig, it was fucking great.

24.August - NAZI DOGS & THE STITCHES & The Absorbers ( 3 times '77Punkrock in your face) in Aachen, Germoney

Am 30.September 2013 Autonomes Zentrum Aachen: NOISES OVER EUROPE

CONTROL (USA) (ANT-ZEN act)
DAZZLING MALICIOUS (my body Marcus - Pflichtkauf label)
SWANIKA (Thomas Hein Pflichtkauf Labelboss and Organizer of the Machinenfest)

Future gigs will be in May,10. also in my Hometown Aachen, Germoney:

THE IDIOTS and support The Bovver Boys

Greets
Michael \m/

--------------------

Inside a giant particle accelerator,a beam of protons,traveling at near the speed of light meets a beam of antiprotons moving equally fast in the opposite direction.The protons and mirror-image antiprotons annihilate each other,creating the fiery chaos of a parallel micro-galaxy.Experiment one complete,the VOIVOD goes into that new dimension,meeting different civilisations and psychic entities,extracting knowledge and energy in the eight programs of this project called: D I M E N S I O N H A T R Ö S S

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 09, 2013 16:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phobos777:
22.June - NEUROSIS in Antwerpen,Belgium - ah fuck, what an awesome gig, it was fucking great.
\m/

Neurosis ranks up there as one the best live gigs of 2013 for me.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 10, 2013 06:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I've heard about the Q&A but of course living on the east side of the states, I won't be there. They just posted a cool Q&A video online about the new album.
new videos:
punky pearl jam
MIND YOUR MANNERS
serious pearl jam
SIRENS

I think this new album is going to be diverse and excellent.

Thanks for the links! It ended up being about 40 people flown in, very small group, and Sirius Radio sponsored it. I didn't go but my gf was asked to work it, how cool is that? This new album DOES sound promising!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 10, 2013 06:56     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW should I see GWAR Friday?? This is the question...

--------------------

phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted October 10, 2013 12:04     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
BTW should I see GWAR Friday?? This is the question...

Y E S you should, i saw GWAR the last time, hm, maybe 20 years ago?? unforgetable bloody sperm gig.
The guitarist died last year or the year before???? Even if it is only for his memorial.

If you go - have much fun!!! -

Greets
Michael

--------------------

Inside a giant particle accelerator,a beam of protons,traveling at near the speed of light meets a beam of antiprotons moving equally fast in the opposite direction.The protons and mirror-image antiprotons annihilate each other,creating the fiery chaos of a parallel micro-galaxy.Experiment one complete,the VOIVOD goes into that new dimension,meeting different civilisations and psychic entities,extracting knowledge and energy in the eight programs of this project called: D I M E N S I O N H A T R Ö S S

phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted October 10, 2013 12:10     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Neurosis ranks up there as one the best live gigs of 2013 for me.

Totaly agree, yes.
Few years ago i saw them playing in Köln ( Cologne, Germany) in the Essigfabrik, it was such a horrible sound that i left the place, totaly dissapointed.
The more happyer i was this year to see them in a good soundwall, like the gigs in the 90's - oh my god i remember the stunning, wild, pumping concert on the Dynamo Festival back in 1996? is this right?? In the tent, fuck, this was one of THE concerts i will remember for ever, fuck i was so blown away.................

Greets
Michael \m/

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 22, 2013 17:14     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Neurosis kills it, hands down! I was fortunate enough to see them open up for Heaven & Hell at a large venue, which was really weird because they aren't used to cranking out that much volume unless it's an outdoor fest, of course. It was the only show they opened for, a local promoter pulled a lot of mighty strings (Neurosis plays Seattle all the time), and a bunch of the Dio/Sabbath fans were a bit "appalled", for lack of a better word, HAHA!!

Anyways, Ima goin' ta see Hank III tonight, yee-haw!! Mainly for his new doom stuff, 'Attention Deficit Domination'. The country stuff ain't that bad, either

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 23, 2013 17:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PEARL JAM this sunday!!!!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted October 23, 2013 22:00     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Caught Lazer/Wulf, Holy Grail and Oragnge Goblin on the weekend. Killer show. Lazer/Wulf would please many ears around here. Twisted mostly instrumental heaviness. Holy Grail were...meh. Young guys trying to be old school traditional metal. Not bad, but not great either. Orange Goblin were fucking excellent.

Next show for me is Slayer with Gojira in a couple of weeeks. I wasn't intending on going as I really can't justify spending $50 to see Gojira play for 30 min and then see Slayer do the same set they've been doing for the past 4 years. But I got a ticket for free so I'm in!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 23, 2013 23:10     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pleased my ears!:
http://blip.tv/indieatl/lazer-wulf-lagarto-indieatl-session-6493024

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 24, 2013 06:28     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EAR WHORE!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 24, 2013 18:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Caught Lazer/Wulf, Holy Grail and Oragnge Goblin on the weekend. Killer show. Lazer/Wulf would please many ears around here.

Oh damn, I missed Lazer/Wulf when that blew through Albuquerque. I thought the same about Holy Grail. It almost started to come together toward the end of their set, but maybe I was just happy they were almost over.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 24, 2013 18:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, and In Solitude will be here on Monday night. Loving their new disc.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 04, 2013 15:13     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Next show for me is Slayer with Gojira in a couple of weeeks. I wasn't intending on going as I really can't justify spending $50 to see Gojira play for 30 min and then see Slayer do the same set they've been doing for the past 4 years. But I got a ticket for free so I'm in!

GO!! I went to the show last Friday. Gojira was awesome of course, but Slayer is NOT playing the same set as the last 4 yrs, but rather only songs from the first 5 albums! And they play for a whole 90 minutes, first proper headlining tour in almost 8 yrs. And one more thing, who knows what/if they'll even tour again, a lot of things are up in the air.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 05, 2013 12:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm really sorry I missed these guys last night in Columbia! They're one of my new fav bands out now who I just discovered over the weekend. Again....another group on the excellent Cuneiform roster:

ZEVIOUS

Sean, thought about hitting you up to make the show but figured you'd probably be working. Touring with Dysrthmia right now......Some of you VoiVoder's might like these guys......Definitely out there!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 05, 2013 22:57     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Oh, and In Solitude will be here on Monday night. Loving their new disc.

Me and my best friend are huge into Watain and In Solitude lately. So pissed that tour never came here.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 06, 2013 13:57     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Me and my best friend are huge into Watain and In Solitude lately. So pissed that tour never came here.

In Solitude. This band just blows me away. I enjoy listening to their discs and am a bit obsessed with them lately. Have you seen them live yet? Oh man, one of my fave live acts. I hope they come back to the US. Tribulation are damn good too and I'm super sad I missed their set. They started at 7:30pm! What the hell?

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 12, 2013 01:33     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Testament drove thru town lol

KMFDM this weekend! End of tour show

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan