my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted May 22, 2005 14:08     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoodlum:
July 12th, Gallup,NM
Malevolent Creation
Divine Empire
Origin
Animosity
more tba...
Hope the local promoter does not FUCK this one up!!!

The lead singer of Animosity went to my High School.

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted May 22, 2005 19:20     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just seen No Return and Destruction

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 24, 2005 11:05     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:
I am going to see Peter Murphy tomorrow

WOW.

uh WOW again

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 31, 2005 12:04     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Schroeder! Porcupine Tree is here on Sunday and I'm broke - yaaaay! I'll see what I can do....selling CD's may be my only choice....or not to go. I really want to see them and now I wonder if there are even tickets left....hmm...?
Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 31, 2005 14:00       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
C.O.C. this saturday but i got a wedding to go to so i wont make it but i may go to the show in Detroit on Friday.

Also M.O.D. which i will see
& Municipal Waste later next month which i will also see.

nothing else i care about yet.

coure i just saw the best concert ever last weekend in Alaska which will hold me through the year.
THE ACCUSED!!!!

IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 31, 2005 16:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Hey Schroeder! Porcupine Tree is here on Sunday and I'm broke - yaaaay! I'll see what I can do....selling CD's may be my only choice....or not to go. I really want to see them and now I wonder if there are even tickets left....hmm...?

If you promised to tape the show for him I bet he'd buy your ticket AND pick up your beverage tab.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 31, 2005 17:08     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
If you promised to tape the show for him I bet he'd buy your ticket AND pick up your beverage tab.

Schroeder, umm...Mezcalhead said you would cover me? Geez, thanks a million!!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 02, 2005 12:05     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Schroeder, guess what?!? Porcupine Tree is doing a rare acoustic set on Sunday afternoon at a very cool independent record store here in Portland called Music Millennium! I'm going to check it out....anything I can get for you? I'll take a camera and get some pics for you. I'm really excited, but would still love to see them live that night. We'll see....
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 02, 2005 19:07     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gigantour: 30/July....Fear Factory!!!!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 02, 2005 23:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Hey Schroeder, guess what?!? Porcupine Tree is doing a rare acoustic set on Sunday afternoon at a very cool independent record store here in Portland called Music Millennium! I'm going to check it out....anything I can get for you? I'll take a camera and get some pics for you. I'm really excited, but would still love to see them live that night. We'll see....

TOO FUCKIN COOL
The band did an in store autograph session in Philadelphia (of course I went) the afternoon of the show at the Trocadero. A lot of the shows are selling out, and the almighty Robert Fripp is even opening a few of the shows on the west coast.
I'm sure you will enjoy the acoustic performance, but try to get in for the real show, they just keep getting better and heavier as the tour progresses.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 02, 2005 23:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW: just go to the bar and put whatever you want on my tab...

--------------------

yawn

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 03, 2005 13:18     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
BTW: just go to the bar and put whatever you want on my tab...

Jameson's on the rocks, please, thank you!

I really want to go to the night show, but it's quite a ways from my house and then I would have to try to make my way home from there late at night on public transportation and blah, blah, blah, blah....I'll let you know how it goes.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 03, 2005 13:46     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think somebody needs to go to a meeting.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 04, 2005 07:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Jameson's on the rocks, please, thank you!

I really want to go to the night show, but it's quite a ways from my house and then I would have to try to make my way home from there late at night on public transportation and blah, blah, blah, blah....I'll let you know how it goes.

It would be worth the trip... TRUST ME
Besides, I think my credit is good at the bar!!!! You won't regret going. I can't wait til the end of the year when they do another tour thru the states.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 04, 2005 10:36     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
I think somebody needs to go to a meeting.

Hahahah....good one gorf. This website is full of raging alcoholics...........

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 04, 2005 15:37     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
This website is full of raging alcoholics...........

I fucking barfed last night after raging away a whole slew of Tecates.
Fuck me, I'm getting old.

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 06, 2005 15:24     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So how was the Priest/Queensryche show? You did go, right. Coz not going would have been a huge mistake!

Immolation on Wednesday. I am fucking stoked even though I don't know their stuff very well. It's a Metal show and that's all that counts. Hopefully Deicide aren't too cheesy.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 06, 2005 17:09     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that Priest show with Queensryche must have been awesome. The Ryche are rumoured to be playing nothing but oldies (i.e., up to Rage For Order - ).

BTW, looks like the Priest is playing here next September, on the Pacaembu football stadium.

\m/

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 06, 2005 18:13     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder (and Luna) - I'M SORRY! I didn't make it to the show last night. Just couldn't get enough energy up. I did try to see their in-store in the afternoon, but they didn't play!!! I was quite disappointed. I heard singer dude wanted to save his voice for the evening. Bummer. We left.

But I am hoping to get my Priest tickets soon. They'll be here on the 4th of July......Luna and slug - come visit me!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 06, 2005 18:30     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
It's a Metal show and that's all that counts.

Metal

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted June 06, 2005 19:16     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Priest is here on July 6...or more accurately, they're at the White River Amphitheatre. Which sucks!!!

Actually, as a venue it's fine, it's just a bitch to get there. And a Wednesday to boot. Decisions decisions.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

unregistered

posted June 07, 2005 15:47       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you mean they didnt do THE RIPPER?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 07, 2005 19:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cool review Hex. Looking forward to hearing the new QR album. It's funny because in your earlier post when you mentioned you were wearing a QR shirt, the first band that came to mind was Quiet Riot
But I knew you had better taste than that, and was glad when I realized it was QueensRyche!!!!

--------------------

yawn

unregistered

posted June 07, 2005 21:03       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know about that? I think Quiet Riot is better than QueensRyche!I can't stand that shitty singing.Sorry it's just to feminine for a guy.
But Quiet Riot treats fans real shitty.Or atleast they did when i last saw them not too long ago.
If they did that to me i would of punched 'em.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 09, 2005 10:30     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Deicide/Immolation show crushed! Openers were locals 30 odd 6, who went on right at 6:30. They're a joke/grindcore/boozecore band. Funny stuff. One of the vocalists is a friend of my brothers and in between songs all he could say was "Fuckin' Deicide!". They did a grind version of Livin After Midnight that was hilarious.
Next up was With Passion from Sacramento. They looked like a bunch of emo fags, but then they played this super heavy, technical as fuck almost Black Metal! They were excellent. Talked to the singer afterwards and got a bunch of stickers and shit for free.
After them was Montreal's Despised Icon. They had 2 vocalists who did the metalcore screams and yells. Boring. Music was tight as fuck, but every song had this cheesy mosh part breakdown. It got old fast.
Then came Skinless. Holy fucking shit these guys kicked ass! If you ever get a chance to see them live, you should fucking go out of your way to do so. The singer was up on the bar, the PA system, in the pit moshing...Fuck! They blew the PA system. The right side monitors began popping and crackling like crazy. After a 5 minute break to corect things, they resumed crushing everyone. The bass player was wrestling people beofre and during their set too! The singer would put out a challenge and guys would get up and get fucking slammed by the bassist! One guy got tossed off the stage to the floor. Awesome.
Immolation came up then. Great band, but not many people were familiar with them. They were tight as hell. Not really a band for a pit, more like a band you kick back and absorb the epic heavyness of.
Deicide didn't hit the stage until 1:45, so a few people had already left, but once they started playing the place went nuts. One of the most violent pits I've ever seen. I'm not a big fan, but they sounded great. Kill the Christians was the highlight for me. The Hoffman brothers are gone, and apparently will be in legal action over the Deicide name and catalogue (since they wrote most of it - can you say Saxon?) but the guitarists they had were awesome. Jack Owen (Cannibal Corpse) and David Suzuki (Vital Remains)along with the drummer were the obvious musicians in the band. Benton's bass playing is shit. His voice sounded great though.
All in all it was a 7/10 show. Best parts ere the surprise of With Passion, the show that Skinless put on and the mightly Immolation.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan