my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 13)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 11, 2006 12:22     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Frontline Assembly on June 30th, but I have to work and can't book it off! Good thing is the club is right around the corner from my work, so i may take an extended lunch break that night.

Apparently Cryptopsy is coming in the fall as well as Therion who cancelled last time due to lack of ticket sales. Maybe I'll actually check Therion out this time. I do like some of their work.

Cryptopsy is a no-brainer - I'll so fucking be there!

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 11, 2006 15:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Tonight, within 2 hours, METALLICA Live in Gelredome Arnhem.
30 minutes by bicycle......

yeeehaaaa.

Here are some foto's of the concert. It was nice, loud as hell, very hot inside and very crowded. app. 30,000 people went to see this. They played MOP totally wich was very nice off course.

These concerts are so expensive it is bizarre. €60,- only to get in. A fucking T-shirt €30 (cheapest one). A beer €4,- Fuck that. Not that i didn't have a good time though....

http://lfi.co.uk/dynevent-action-nl.do?page=1&noipp=24&eventid=273190

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 12, 2006 08:43     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
http://lfi.co.uk/dynevent-action-nl.do?page=1&noipp=24&eventid=273190

Hetfield looks like Santa Clause.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 12, 2006 19:40     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hetfield looks like he's on the 'roids.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 13, 2006 05:37     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck yeah.

October 12th Cryptopsy and Skinless.

November 29th Hypocrisy, Fear Factory, Suffocation, Decapitated.

Fuck yeah.

Bilibaldus
VoivodFan
Member # 798

posted June 13, 2006 14:51     Profile for Bilibaldus   Email Bilibaldus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saturday 17th thrashes Toxic Holocaust!
chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted June 14, 2006 18:11     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just got back from the Yakuza, Dysrhythmia, Behold...The Arctopus show that Mez also saw a short while back. and since Mez didn't get any pics of Arctopus i figured i'd put some up (and becuase that's the only band i took pictures of)

^^^ That's Mike, he's very short

^^^ That's Colin casually changing a string on stage while Mike and Charlie proceeded to rock out.

...I wonder who he got his hair style from

...the monstrous Warr Guitar!

Despite the fact that the "crowd" consisted of me, 3 of my friends, and a few members of the local opening bands, it was awesome! Arctopus are incredible! if you haven't heard 'em...ya should! The guys from Arctopus were really cool too...I ended up chatting with them for a good while...a fair amount of the time it ended up being voivod talk (they were also very fascinated by Oregon's trees ...silly new yorkers... )those guys definately know what music is

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 14, 2006 23:32     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hank Williams the Third tomorrow night.

--------------------

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted June 15, 2006 11:23     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Armored Saint tomorrow night!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 15, 2006 12:21     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
short note bout the Arctopus show. Saw them here last week, but didn't stick around for Dysrythmia or Yakuza. We were already pretty smashed and old and tired, so we went home and passed out...haha. Dysblahdeedah will be back here later with Dillinger Escape Plan. Too bad I didn't stick around to see Yakuza's singer's pants fall off! Shit...silly me. One guy was running around terribly excited by the fact that Away did the art work on Arctopusses ep.

The crowd here was pretty thin also. A real shame. Seems like lately the Metal shows we've had have been poorly attended. Saw Vital Remains on Tuesday evening and fuckin' love this band. And Dave Suzuki and Tim Yeung are the hottest fucks out on the road right now...no no no, I didn't fuck either of them. They're just hot fuckin' fucks. Vital sounded bad ass with that new singer, whose name I don't know. Too bad he looked too much like some numetal baldy on roids. Definitely no Glenn Benton lookalike. Who cares, the man can sing. I don't know what it is, but they're sound live is H E A V Y !

OH! sometime in Decembre: Fear Facory/Hypocrisy/DECAPITATED /Suffocation

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 15, 2006 19:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:
Armored Saint tomorrow night!

COOL make sure you give us a review on the show. I didn't know they had reformed and I've been wondering what Bush was going to do since Belladona got back with 'Thrax and ruined a great thing

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 23, 2006 15:29     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mastodon tonight.

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 23, 2006 16:33     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lucky boy. I love their new album.

Necrophagist on the 15th (if they don't cancel again).

Emperor on the 28th.

Bilibaldus
VoivodFan
Member # 798

posted September 23, 2006 19:21     Profile for Bilibaldus   Email Bilibaldus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
24th day W.A.S.P.
and in October
15th Winger
16th Krokus
November
6 and 7th days Europe
What the hell is this 80's invasion here?

oh well in November also here plays...
9th Cro-Mags
12th Slayer
14 and 15th Iron Maiden
23th Exodus
24th Vader

I have tickets only to Iron Maiden 15th day gig. poor me! I have to get tickets for that Cro-Mags gig also. Well lets see do I have time to see all these.

chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted September 23, 2006 21:46     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oct. 3 Kayo Dot (woohoo!)

I forgot the exact date, but the California Guitar Trio and Adrian Belew are coming through my little hick town soonish.

Nov. 2 NoMeansNo!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 24, 2006 01:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You should go see the Cali Guitar Trio and Belew... if you haven't seen them perform before, you will be left speechless. Brilliant musicians.

My religious holiday is getting closer:
Porcupine Tree with ProjeKCt 6 (Belew & Fripp) opening October 7th Keswick Theater
PT's first half of the show will be all new material for the upcoming album, and I heard that is is amaizing. (not that I would have expected anything but)

I missed out on seeing Roger Waters tonight because of work and an very busy weekend that I couldn't get out of

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 24, 2006 08:19     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Celtic Frost on Monday. Bad Religion are in town that night too, but I'm no mising Celtic Frost for anything.

Cryptopsy and Skinless on Oct 12, but I may not be able to duck out of work.

Fear Factory, Suffocation and Hypocrisy in November is gonna rule!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 24, 2006 09:17     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i just found out Megadeth are playing here in 2 weeks. i might have to break down and go since ive never seen them.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 24, 2006 10:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
10.12-Celtic Frost * Goatwhore
11.10-Moonspell/Katatonia/Daylight Dies
11.24-Melvins/Big Business
12.9-Fear Factory/Suffocation/Hypocrisy/ Decapitated
12.10-Entombed/Dismember/Grave/The Absence

And I'll be seeing these shows in San Francisco come ROCKtobre! Celtic Frost/Sunn 0))) and Porcupine Tree

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 24, 2006 14:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LyKcantropen:
Lucky boy. I love their new album.

I love the new album too, although it has garnered mixed reviews from the purists, I like the progression they have made.

The show was great, of course!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 24, 2006 14:57     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
12.10-Entombed/Dismember/Grave/The Absence

THAT will own! I need to find out if that will screech through my area...

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 24, 2006 14:58     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zCthonz:
i just found out Megadeth are playing here in 2 weeks. i might have to break down and go since ive never seen them.

You should go, I saw them (him) 2 years ago and it was well worth it.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 24, 2006 15:00     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bilibaldus:
16th Krokus

That rules!

"Big stick goes BOOM!"

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 24, 2006 15:01     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Celtic Frost on Monday.

BADASS! I see them Oct 1.

Goatwhore Sept. 29th also...

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 02, 2006 01:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just returned home from seeing Jealousy Curve at a little bar in Ocean City Maryland. There was only about 15 people there but the band was incredible, and my girlfriend and I had a great time.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan