my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 24)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 01, 2008 20:41     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I did not make Carcass, REALLY bummed out. BUT I have Opeth and High on Fire to make up for it this Saturday! Sorry Paul, see ya next time Unless you be makin it out to this one??

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted October 02, 2008 13:04     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Journey!! hell yeah been a fan forever and....
erm...what a freakin nightmare i just had, damn meds.
OPETH next friday!! argh!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 02, 2008 19:54     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nope...I won't be making it out to see opeth and high on fire. Trying to re-coop some "fundage" now...anything remotely exciting for me will now involve a Guinness in one hand and a t.v. remote in the other!

Yeah, too bad you didn't make it out, no wonder I couldn't find you then. (well then again I was seeing double for much of the night, ) "two" Bills are better than one!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted October 11, 2008 22:23     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay. So I never heard their music before....well, maybe a snippet or two in zlugzez truck.....but Opeth was pretty freakin' cool last night!

I was impressed and I think Luna was too. The guy next to us seemed to be impressed by Luna as well as he leaned over and shouted into my ear, "Your friend is really enjoying this isn't she?"

Does your neck hurt, Luna? Anyway, we also got our hands on some comp tickets for The Bakerton Group tomorrow night (dudes from Clutch). Again, I'm not a Clutch fan because I've never really listened to them and not because I think they suck or anything.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 12, 2008 10:53     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hail Of Fucken Bullets. November 29th. I'm there.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Antaren
VoivodFan
Member # 1047

posted October 12, 2008 13:05     Profile for Antaren   Email Antaren     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey schroeder, I see you were in Salisbury MD. I live in Md, Harford county, Bel Air area. Just thought I'd mention that to you since you are closest memeber posting I've noticed yet....Hola neighbor!.. let me know if you see clutch playing anywhere ...would love to see them.

--------------------

Beyond The Death!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 12, 2008 13:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Antaren, Salisbury is pretty close to where I live in Millsboro DE so there was NO WAY I'd pass up seeing CLUTCH when they are that close to home, and being originally from the Baltimore County are CLUTCH are like the home town music gods for me.I'm coming to Baltimore to see OPETH in a couple weeks, are you going?

Hypoergrrl, let me know what ya think of the Bakerton Group. If ya haven't heard them yet be ready for some instrumental stoner jazz improv groove vibe kinda thing. It should be a cool time.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 12, 2008 14:25     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone in London going to either Nocturnus (the covers band ) or Hail of Bullets on the 18th?...

Or both - might involve some very fast running in between venues though, haha. Good bit of organisation there.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 12, 2008 19:07     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, my neck hurts a wee bit. Man, Opeth raged the house Friday night! This is the third time I've seen them and this was denitely a magical delivery with the new guys in tow. Had seen them on the Progressive Nation tour and it seemed like the new guys were still getting to know the songs, this time they were tight and just utterly kicked ass!

And this being their first Albuquerque appearance in a smallish club, the crowd were way into it too. Unbelievably good response. Didn't get to meet Mr. Akerfeldt though we waved at him (and he waved back) while he sat in the tour bus talking to the wife back home. He brought out his laptop with his wife and kids on the screen and we all waved at the wife and kids...haha. That was awesome!

My poor ears are shot to hell. And tonight The Bakerton Group! Yay.

Later

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 13, 2008 04:16     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
CLUTCH are like the home town music gods for me.

No disrespect to Clutch (I don't know their music anyhow), but they will forever sit "sour" in my stomach for the simple fact that when I saw them perform with Sepultura and Fear Factory back in '94. FF were still supporting SOANM btw. Apparently Clutch and FF were on a "rotating" opening act for Sepultura...an important bit of information I didn't know at the time only because the gig was billed as "Clutch, FF, and then Sepultura" on the fliers. So with that much said, my comrades and I showed up "fashionably late" to the gig since we were all huge FF fans...but to no avail...we were only able to catch the last song of FF's set!!! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST was I pissed!!!

I hate Clutch.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted October 13, 2008 09:48     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The 31th I will see(and hear) Living Colour in Tilburg. I hope it will be as great as last time. Freaky

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 15, 2008 20:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blackcloud, that a hilarious reason to hate a band... but i can respect that for no other reason than it being so funny!!!!!

DBC, let us know how Living Colour is. I've seen them a couple times many years ago and they fucking rocked the funk outta the club.

I wasn't thrilled about driving 6 hours round trip to see OPETH in Baltimore in a week and a half, but after reading the reviews... I FUCKIN PSYCHED NOW

--------------------

yawn

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 16, 2008 13:05     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SATYRICON...December 5th. Zagreb Croatia. Club Boogaloo.

I can't wait!

Last year when they came here with Keep Of Kalessin it was a great show.
I was completely blown away by my drummer hero Frost.

Next year (hopefully, unless they implode) GORGOROTH!

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted October 16, 2008 14:16     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OVERKILL - SAT in NJ
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 16, 2008 18:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wish I could go to see Overkill this time around, but the schedule just isn't working out. It's been far too long since I've done the Rip n Tear with Overkill. One of my all time fav bands. Give us a full report on the mayhem.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 17, 2008 02:11     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I wasn't thrilled about driving 6 hours round trip to see OPETH in Baltimore in a week and a half, but after reading the reviews... I FUCKIN PSYCHED NOW

OMFG Opeth and HoF had to be one of the best shows I'd seen all year! Opeth was way better, of course Never seen them before....I think some idiots thought I was Akerfeldt a few times, fuckin morons Maybe we both have long brown hair, high cheek bones, a goofy smile and an affinity towards Voivod, but I could never possibly be that guy LOL.

So yeah, you'd better go Schro

Comin up on my list REAL soon is a DOWN one-off from the 'Tallica tour, Oct 30...and then a couple days later we are heading to Portland to see Metallica w/ Down. I've NEVER seen Metallica before

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 17, 2008 02:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:
) "two" Bills are better than one!

HAHA! I know that short bartender with big tits, like humongous tits, she's awesome

Hey I think your buddies Mondo Generator did a show with my buddy's band, VALIS, and Tad's band Brothers of the Sonic Cloth...Did you know anything about this??

Anyways, we'll cross paths again I'm sure

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 26, 2008 16:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCKIN OPETH TONIGHT MUTHA FUCKERS... AND YES I'M PSYCHED AND SHOUTING ABOUT IT!!!!!

I've been listening to a lot of their catalog over the last couple weeks to reshresh myself with their tunes. Heading out in a few hours to go to Baltimore with my girlfriend (her first experience with cookie monster vocals live, should be interesteing to see her expresion... she's da bestest), and to meet up with a bunch of old friends for a night to remember.
I'm going to play the Roundhouse Tapes on the way up so my girlfriend will be prepared.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 27, 2008 07:45     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
FUCKIN OPETH TONIGHT MUTHA FUCKERS... AND YES I'M PSYCHED AND SHOUTING ABOUT IT!!!!!

I've been listening to a lot of their catalog over the last couple weeks to reshresh myself with their tunes. Heading out in a few hours to go to Baltimore with my girlfriend (her first experience with cookie monster vocals live, should be interesteing to see her expresion... she's da bestest), and to meet up with a bunch of old friends for a night to remember.
I'm going to play the Roundhouse Tapes on the way up so my girlfriend will be prepared.

Yeah, i took my wife to Opeth in Utrecht a couple of years ago. She loved it. Opeth shredded the place to pieces.

How was it btw?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 27, 2008 12:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OPETH fuckin tore it up last night. The place was packed and raging and the floor got crazy and violent with slamming and moshing. We got lucky and scored a spot on the 2nd floor balcony railing even though we showed up late (just late enough to miss the first act Baroness). We strolled around the club after watching the 2nd act High On Fire play for a while and went upstairs to see what was going on. HoF was heavy but boring to my ears. No depth, just the same thing over and over and the singer had no originality in his vocal delivery. After they left the stage a couple guys walked away form the railing overlooking the stage and floor from the left side. Enough space for Lisa to get in and me to stand behind her. The sound was incredible the band was intense and MA was funny as hell. Lisa really really enjoyed the show and was amazed by how MA uses his voice. We listened to Roundhouse Tapes and some of Watershed on the way up so she would be prepared. I was surprised by how much she enjoyed the show. They played a great set that covered their entire carreer. It was the last night of their tour and as MA stated tomorrow he was "flying back home to fuck his wife". I think MA should open all Opeth tours with 45 minutes of standup comedy. Well worth the 5 1/2 hours of driving. And I got me a cool white on black "O" sticker for my car. They were all wearing the exact same shirts on stage which was a picture of some guy's face. MA explained that it was a combination of all five members of the band. An eye was one member, the other eye someone elses, the nose another memeber etc. It represented all 5 being as one... weird lookin but cool idea. When he asked the audience if they knew who the guy on the shirt was, someone said it was him (the guy in the audience) MA told him he was way uglier than the guy on the shirt!!!!
GREAT NIGHT, my girlfriend's a fan now and I NEVER would have expected that.

--------------------

yawn

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted November 03, 2008 06:28     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
DBC, let us know how Living Colour is. I've seen them a couple times many years ago and they fucking rocked the funk outta the club.

Saw them at the Vivid and Time's Up period a lot and every couple of years they did visit Europe I went. Was my 14th LC-Gig

They didn't freak that much as last time at the Collideoscope tour and less electronics. They blow the audience away from the start and didn't play much soft stuff. It was just great to see how much fun they had on stage and interact so much with the audience. DW even walked playing one of his incredible basssolos trough the audience and freaked completely out while doing this It's real high level music live and they all impress very much without doing the poserthing The venue was allmost sold out, I think somewhere around 2000 people and they all interacted with the band and there was a lot of jumping.. They played two new songs, but they waren't quit ready yet, but sounded low and heavy, like the last album, to me. After the gig they came to the bar to meet the fans and have a chat. Just great! Don't miss it when the visit your town.

ps: they played Glamour Boys halfway the gig, ideal for a pissbreak

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 03, 2008 10:50     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"flying back home to fuck his wife"

Agreed schroeder, they really did kick total ass this time out. Un-fuckin'-believable band, they are.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted November 03, 2008 12:59     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehe That MA fellow is one funny dude. I wonder if he does private parties?
Here in 'da 505' he had us headbanging to no music for 10 seconds! funny shit i tells ya!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 11, 2008 09:38     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CARCASS rocked the house in São Paulo last Sunday. Same setlist as all of their recent gigs (it was the same as New York, at least) and they tore everybody's faces up. Daniel Erlandsson is obviously no Ken Owen (duh!) but he surely did his part competently, the other guys tore it up. Bill Steer looked (and walked the stage) like an old hippie, hehehehehehe. After the show, some guy outside the house mentioned that he looked like he was dancing to some reggae while playing, which I agreed. Nailed his parts perfectly, though. Amazing gig, hope they return one of these days.

Nov 29th is Exodus time.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 11, 2008 10:28     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice Slaytanic...that's fuckin' cool you Carcass played in your neck of the woods. Carcass does rank as the best gig of 2008 for me. Goddamn, they kicked ass. And Bill Steer with his hippieness is a badass.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan