Click here to lend your support to: Donate to keep VoivodFan alive! and make a donation at www.pledgie.com !

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 22)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 12, 2008 03:25     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ministry yesterday in Köln Germany. Damn good performance!

But I'm still deaf.....

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 12, 2008 07:30     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Testament last Friday in my hometown. Their best live performance I've seen so far, definitely! Alex and Greg looked like they never were out of the band, and Chuck was as cool as ever. He also asked the audience to do a wall of death, and he didn't have to ask twice, haha. Other bands I saw (Rytmihäiriö, Children of Bodom, Kiuas, Diablo, Eläkeläiset) put on decent shows too, but T was by far above the rest.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 28, 2008 08:46     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not as good as Voivod, but I did manage to catch this one on the 22nd. Most entertaining it was.

--------------------

String em up

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 13, 2008 05:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's see, since I last posted in this thread I've seen The Dandy Warhols (fucking GAG), The Reverend Horton Heat with the Supersuckers, and Trouble. Poor Trouble, door count was only 80.....OUCH! But it was fuckin nice seein them without a bunch of sweaty drunk assholes that usually go to that venue (El Corazon HAHA).....And I didn't even know Eric Wagner was no longer singing, it was dude from Warrior Soul.

Oh yeah and I saw Robin Williams do a charity event, he shook my hand because he thought I worked there HAHA.

I have Judas Priest with Testament coming up, as well as At the Gates, and the Melvins, all with in a week timeframe

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 13, 2008 10:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So, how was TROUBLE with the new singer? I'm still waiting for a domestic release of the last album... totally ridiculas how long this has taken and there's still no official word. I can't see spending $40 for the import, even though I might break down and do it since it doesn't seem to be coming out here.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 13, 2008 19:34     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
Let's see, since I last posted in this thread I've seen (...) The Reverend Horton Heat with the Supersuckers

That's terrific. I wonder if Scott Churilla jammed with his good friend Jim?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 13, 2008 19:36     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW, I hope the Rev comes down to Brazil for a show one of these days...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 14, 2008 13:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OPETH in October

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 15, 2008 09:37     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, I missed Xavier Caféïne in Jonquière. A buddy of mine went, and said that Away was drumming!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 15, 2008 11:48     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
OPETH in October

Yes...same here! Opeth's first time in the lovely state of Nuevo Mexico. Good openers too!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 20, 2008 13:48     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At "zwarte cross"Lichtenvoorde the netherlands, coming friday:

Hail of Bullets

Belphegor

Napalm death

I am so there....................

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 20, 2008 16:21     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I am still in Seattle, long after I thought I'd be gone....

Guess I'll look at the bright side, and go to Priest after all.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 20, 2008 16:38     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
At "zwarte cross"Lichtenvoorde the netherlands, coming friday:

Hail of Bullets

Lucky bastid!

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 20, 2008 23:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my tix for OPETH ! ! !

Going to see Daughtry at the Delaware state fair this Tuesday. My girlfriend really likes him and since she bought the tix and always goes to see my bands I'll be going to this with her, her daughter and friend. Should be fun just to be there with them, and Daughtry ain't that bad.

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 20, 2008 23:33     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Priest in 10 days. Woo hoo! Was gonna go to Nine Inch Nails the next night (got free tix), but decided to bail as my work week is just crazy and I need that night off.

Picked up my tix for Opeth in September. Really looking forward to that show. Finntroll is coming in September too. Awesome. Can't get tix online though, strangely. Gotta get 'em at a few of the local record shops.

Amon Amarth and Ensiferum are coming in October with Belphegor and I'm super stoked for that show.

Still debating on whether to go to Summer Slaughter on August 19th. Only a couple of bands actually interest me on the bill (Into Eternity and Necrophagist particularly), and it's cheap but I'm still on the fence.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 04, 2008 08:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CLUTCH!!!!! yea... mutha fuckin CLUTCH is coming to Salisbury Maryland, only 20 minutes away from my home!!!! I've been living here almost 16 years and its rare to get an awesome band this close to home. I'm SO FUCKIN THERE!!!!!
Cool bands that have played close to home in the last 16 years: Fishbone & Kings X - Blue Oyster Cult - Govt Mule - and now CLUTCH

--------------------

yawn

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 10, 2008 12:49     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw Bloodbath yesterday, their 3rd gig ever according to mr. Åkerlund. Pretty cool old school death metal for 90 minutes, and Åkerlund's comments between the songs were fun

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 10, 2008 15:15     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Saw Bloodbath yesterday, their 3rd gig ever according to mr. Åkerlund. Pretty cool old school death metal for 90 minutes, and Åkerlund's comments between the songs were fun

Dude, do you know how damn lucky you are??? I would have loved to seen them live!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 10, 2008 16:06     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:

Lucky you....but don't you mean Åkerfeldt? His between song comments always crack me up. His first comment at Wacken was "I bet there's a lot of wet girls out there." (It was raining.)

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 10, 2008 23:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In less than 24 hours I'll have experienced KING CRIMSON yet again. I'm a lucky fucker

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 11, 2008 12:01     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Megz:
"I bet there's a lot of wet girls out there." (It was raining.)

haha.

There's quite a lull here with live music. Waiting patiently for the Priest/H & H/Motorhead/Testament and Opeth. Am hoping to make it to the Carcass thing-a-ma-gig in SF in Sept. though.

Ever since one of our local clubs burnt down and ruined the good club next door with smoke and water damage, it's been fuckin' dead as far as Metal shows go. In good news, The Launchpad has re-opened!

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 11, 2008 12:12     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Megz:
Lucky you....but don't you mean Åkerfeldt? His between song comments always crack me up. His first comment at Wacken was "I bet there's a lot of wet girls out there." (It was raining.)

Ahh...Åker-this and Åker-that, you know those Swedish surnames Anyway, the man should definitely start a second career as a stand-up comedian...here's just a fraction of what he said on Saturday:

"We're Bloodbath. Our songs are about the devil and killing people. Just that."..."You know, I've been thinking about moving to Finland...are the taxes high here? You see, I'm filthy rich and I don't want to pay too much"

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 11, 2008 12:34     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Priest + Voivod, Montreal, Tomorrow!!

So who's coming?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 11, 2008 15:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not... .

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 13, 2008 19:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My Reader's Digest version of the KC show:
Saw King Crimson Monday nite. INFUCKINCREDIBLE. Heavy as hell and unbelievable tight. Neurotica was brutal and I must say this configuration even blows away the double trio. P@ and Gavin were God-like doing the double drumming percussion and strange assorted noises. Levin... well, it doesn't get better than Tony on the low end strings. Belew was phenomenal as always on vocals and stunt guitar, and Fripp was the hidden secret weapon. The older tunes were given a breath of new air and reworked and updated, becoming very heavy and intense. If they release any audio or video from this tour it's a must have.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan