my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 21)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 29, 2008 12:49     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alright, one more post! Goin to see Meshuggah and MINISTRY tonight.

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 29, 2008 15:18     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my ticket for Pagan Fest May 5 at Studio 7. Ensiferum, Turisas, Tyr, Eluveitie, maybe one more I can't recall. TURISAS!!! I've been hoping for a chance to see these guys for years.

It's the exact same day as Opeth/DT which is kind of a shame, but I've seen both of them live before. DT show I saw sucked immensely so I'm not motivated to pay through the nose to see 'em again anyway.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 29, 2008 20:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
But back to Exodus. I think this newest album is their best since Fabulous Disaster, no shit. I don't care if all the songs are 8 minutes long, they are good enough to keep you "in". And having Tom Hunting back, it was my first time to see them with him behind the kit. One of the best thrash drummers, EVER.

I love Shovelhead Kill Machine, and Tempo of the Damned but I think you're correct about the Atrocity Exhibition being the best of the 3 and making me feel like I'm back in the classick daze when thrash ruled the planet. They posted some great videos online from the resent tour, and their Myspace page is always cool to check out.

--------------------

yawn

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 30, 2008 13:16     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just came home after seeing Heavy Lord, Stinking Lizaveta and Weedeater. Had a great time.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 30, 2008 16:30     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw Misanthrope play in a horrible South London pub last week. They were great, pity more people didn't know about it though.

--------------------

String em up

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 31, 2008 16:51     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:

I have seen them a ccouple years ago before: ...................... VOIVOD and Neurosis. They blew me away bigtime. Never heard of them then!

You lucky bastard that tour must have been crushing ! One great moment in a Today is the Day show is when they play
Pinnacle .... here's the video it's so romantic.

By the way Kosmos was awesome as expected !!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted April 04, 2008 14:52     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sunday, April 6
Prog fest(whatever)day 2
Les Reines Prochaines (Swi)
Thinking Plague (USA)
Aranis (Bel)
Van der Graaf Generator (Eng)
just 40km from here
yeahh

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 05, 2008 16:43     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gorefest and Remains. Just today. Right nexxxt door. Sometimes I love this town...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 15, 2008 10:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ministry and Meshuggah...last night at the cavernous venue known as the Sunshine Theatre.

Yes, the Cave that is the Sunshine once again proved to be the ruiner of sound. Of course as soon as the place filled up with rabid fans for Ministry, everything fell right into place. Or my ears were just shot from Meshuggah's set. (prolly that was it). Still very much into Meshuggah's stuff live. Unreal. I love their sound, even if it was mostly bouncing around the Cave with nothing to strap it down.

Ministry: WOW! What a great set they played. I don't even own any Ministry, but holy fuck! The energy was top-notch and I imagine hell is one huge orgy with Ministry as the house band. The highlight of the evening was the introduction of none other than BURTON C. BELL. I thought I'd fall down and die. Though I did fall down, I didn't die. I just about lost my seeing eye glasses and have some weird scratches on my face. Other than that, I'm still alive. The Cave has yet to get me.
Good times.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 15, 2008 14:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I don't even own any Ministry"
Shame on you!!!! and you call yourself METAL ?

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 15, 2008 15:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, I call myself Amy.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 15, 2008 19:55     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"...ruiner of sound" - Great name for a band!.

"Though I did fall down, I didn't die." - Good to hear.

"...seeing eye glasses..." - Just funny.

"The Cave has yet to get me." - It was blessed the day Voivod first played there way back in 1990.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 17, 2008 12:33     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So it seems Judas Priest is touring Canada this summer...

July 23 - Save On Foods Memorial Centre - Victoria, BC
July 24 - General Motors Place - Vancouver, BC
July 26 - McMahon Stadium - Calgary, AB (Monsters Of Rock)
July 27 - Shaw Conference Centre - Edmonton, AB
July 29 - Credit Union Centre - Saskatoon, SK
July 30 - MTS Centre - Winnipeg, MB

...so I will of course be at the Winnipeg show.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted April 17, 2008 13:51     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
"...ruiner of sound" - Great name for a band!.

"Though I did fall down, I didn't die." - Good to hear.

"...seeing eye glasses..." - Just funny.

"The Cave has yet to get me." - It was blessed the day Voivod first played there way back in 1990.

hahhaa yes, Ruiner Of Sound will b our name for the new project with Budda from Stoic! Good thing Luna didn't take her seeing eye dog to the show. damn shame i went to work instead of the show!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 18, 2008 12:41     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
So it seems Judas Priest is touring Canada this summer...

July 23 - Save On Foods Memorial Centre - Victoria, BC
July 24 - General Motors Place - Vancouver, BC
July 26 - McMahon Stadium - Calgary, AB (Monsters Of Rock)
July 27 - Shaw Conference Centre - Edmonton, AB
July 29 - Credit Union Centre - Saskatoon, SK
July 30 - MTS Centre - Winnipeg, MB

...so I will of course be at the Winnipeg show.

and Seattle: July 22 - WAMU Theatre - Seattle, WA

It made for a funny headline on Blabbermouth. People were wondering if there's a Seattle in Canada too.

I will be in Sweden by then, making tacos for dinner and preparing for Wacken so sadly no Priest for me.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 24, 2008 08:54     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not exactly coming to my town, I am goin THERE

All expenses paid except rental car, VIP passes, SEAN PENN!!

Oh and that guy from Pink Floyd doin' Darkside of the Moon

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 24, 2008 10:13     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Not exactly coming to my town, I am goin THERE

All expenses paid except rental car, VIP passes, SEAN PENN!!

Oh and that guy from Pink Floyd doin' Darkside of the Moon

Whoa dude..........I just about shat my pants when I saw who else was gonna be playing there.

SWERVEDRIVER.......and it turns out they're on world tour and will be coming through ATL in June. This is truly mindblowing. Thanks for the post that just made my day!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 27, 2008 02:32     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A festival (Maquinária Rock Fest) that a good friend of mine nicknamed "LoserFest". Check out some of the bands expected to come and see if the guy is right

- Biohazard;
- Suicidal Tendencies;
- Misfits;
- Tristania;
- Sepultura;
- Ratos de Porão.

Oh, I'm going btw, just to see Suicidal. Well, Mike actually.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 27, 2008 17:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd go JUST for ST also. Mike's a madman, and it's been many many years since I've seen them (with Pantera and Red Hot Chili Peppers)

--------------------

yawn

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 03, 2008 01:25     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rush is playing the Gorge on May 31st - damn I wish I could go.

--------------------

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted May 03, 2008 16:12     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ministry are playing tonight in Montral !! Meshuggah are opening ....!!!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 03, 2008 18:14     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Coachella thing was pretty cool, although I stayed in Palm Springs and didn't go on Friday........And we got there around 6 the next 2 days. Prince fuckin kicked ass, Kraftwerk was funny, they did their vitamin song Roger Waters stole the fuckin gig.....

So tonight I am goin to Mike McCready's UFO tribute show for Crohn's Disease, which he has.....

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 03, 2008 18:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Megz:
Rush is playing the Gorge on May 31st - damn I wish I could go.

I've never been there.

How the fuck are you doin!? Tell Uffe I said hello!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 03, 2008 18:18     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
Ministry are playing tonight in Montral !! Meshuggah are opening ....!!!

I honestly feel like their last tour was far more superior than this one. Great none-the-less

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 03, 2008 18:55     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I've never been there.

How the fuck are you doin!? Tell Uffe I said hello!

Uffe - Newk says hello! (I'm still in Seattle, man. Looking like June for departure though. Uffe might come here to pick me up.)

Anybody going to PaganFest on Monday? I know Opeth/DT is the same night...

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan