my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 15, 2005 23:23     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn dial-up! I didn't see or hear a thing.
As for shows, M&M is going to tear it up in 2 weeks. Mastodon & Motorhead back to back! My ears have already surrendered!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 16, 2005 03:02     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:

(i have no idea who they are. besides being geniuses. totally important geniuses.)

well. can I quote you on that then?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 16, 2005 17:02     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
well. can I quote you on that then?

of course you may.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 16, 2005 17:07     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
Damn dial-up! I didn't see or hear a thing.
As for shows, M&M is going to tear it up in 2 weeks. Mastodon & Motorhead back to back! My ears have already surrendered!

My ears refused to give in, so I'm skipping Mastodon since I saw them last year and I've never seen Motorhead. I'll be going to Kreator April 19 though (a Tuesday show, bleh, here's hoping I don't forget about it).

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 16, 2005 17:12     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah meg... weekday shows suck, exspecially for us worker drones cause we really like to let it out on the weekends.

myself i hibernate till its about 65F outside, but these guys are right in my backyard and i see a few im thinking of hitting next month and following.

http://www.jaxxroxx.com/jaxx_cal.htm

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 17, 2005 07:43     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
http://www.jaxxroxx.com/jaxx_cal.htm

Dude, great shows there! Don't miss Europe! Woohoo! Otherwise, there's Overkill, Cryptopsy, Kreator, SYL, and that really really great band called TBA! And they're all over the place! Are they the houseband?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 17, 2005 10:11     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Dude, great shows there! Don't miss Europe! Woohoo!

Heck NO ! EUROPE... i'll be the one screaming 'Play AFRICA' 'Play AFRICA'
oh wait i think thats ToTo

Jaxx is a cool place, i guess you either love it or hate it? But one things for sure, (Jaxx loves you). I even got into it with a bouncer there one night and they still let me back in the place after, gotta say that was quite cool even though he was wrong.

Sometimes i go to Jaxx and you can walk right in the place, other times the damn line is usually around the building but after some time they form 2 lines for 21+ and those not... i always seem to get in.

Another thing about some of those Europe and Kix type bands that come there, if they were popular glam-bands from the 80's you can be sure there is going to be some pretty hott chicks around for some damn reason, and clad with 80's mini skirts and all. (those are my faves)

TBA = To Be Announced... they always update their calander or add and remove bands, not a bad idea to call even on the night of the show.

SYL = Im fuckin There Dude !

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted March 18, 2005 19:17     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Necrophagist cancelled
There was a date (in this place ) for High On Fire but I'm afraid it was only a rumour...

Misery Index
Isis + Jesu + Dalek (!)
Destruction + No Return + 8 more bands (!)

in september:
NILE + UNLEASHED + HATE ETERNAL + BEHEMOTH + INCANTATION + BLOOD RED TRONE

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 18, 2005 19:26     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
NILE + UNLEASHED + HATE ETERNAL + BEHEMOTH + INCANTATION + BLOOD RED TRONE

Thanks, now I need to change my pants. You lucky bitch.

Except for Blood Red Toblerone, they can fuck right off.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 18, 2005 21:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't been to JAXX in many many many years.

Last time I was there OVERKILL played with openers Skeleton (local killer Virginia band, who I also interviewed on a college tv I hosted) and Apollo Ra (my friends band).

Damn I wish I could go see Overkill again, but Friday nights during the vaction season doesn't make a long road trip very doable.

--------------------

yawn

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted March 19, 2005 08:27     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
NILE, UNLEASHED, HATE ETERNAL, BEHEMOTH, INCANTATION and BLOOD RED TRONE [sic] will be teaming up for the Harvest Festival 2005 European tour in September 2005. Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Sep. 07 - London, UK @ Camden Palace
Sep. 08 - Munster (Dieburg), GER @ Live Arena
Sep. 09 - Hardenberg, NETH @ Podium
Sep. 10 - Antwerpen, BEL @ Hof Ter Loo
Sep. 11 - Paris, FRA @ La Locomotive
Sep. 12 - Essen, GER @ Zeche Carl
Sep. 13 - Osnabruck, GER @ N9
Sep. 14 - Berlin, GER @ K17
Sep. 15 - Zlin, CZR @ Golem
Sep. 16 - Engelsdorf, GER @ Hellraiser
Sep. 17 - Wien, AUT @ Planet Music
Sep. 18 - Salzburg, AUT @ Rockhaus
Sep. 19 - Pratteln, SWI @ Z7

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 20, 2005 06:25     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, finally saw the list elsewhere. I'll be at that London gig, fo' sho'.

And I still need to change my pants.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 20, 2005 12:16     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
expect I'll probably see you there then!!

--------------------

String em up

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted April 05, 2005 04:12     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(I missed SIX FEET UNDER + NILE + GORGOROTH + DISBELIEF + DYING FETUS + DEW-SCENTED + ENTHRONED)

High On Fire is in the UK at the moment, check the dates!
I still have hopes to see them in Paris...

And Sunn O))) is coming here on thursday!! (got earplugs already)

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted April 05, 2005 13:35     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
And Sunn O))) is coming here on thursday!! (got earplugs already)

This is one of those experiences that makes your bowels jiggle. Literally. Have fun!

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted April 05, 2005 16:56     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isis and Jesu on the 1st of may.
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted April 05, 2005 18:40     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone heard the new Exodus singer?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 05, 2005 20:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Gorf, wondering the same thing......

Anybody heard about Mustaine's new tour?? Looks pretty good........

Check this:

GIGANTOUR

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 05, 2005 21:17     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmm...sounds quite good, the Gigantour.
Makes me think of: .

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 06, 2005 14:59     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Suffocation/CRYPTOPSY = Oct. 6, 2005
Finally! Please Dog, do not let these bands cancel. Please.

Overkill = Sept. 23, 2005

--------------------

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted April 06, 2005 15:43     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nomeansno on May 1st in SF, CA. I really wanna go. I am a huge fan and I've never seen them.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 06, 2005 23:57     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I assume you've finally seen the light (i.e., you changed your mind about Kreator), Gorf?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 08, 2005 07:03     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Into Eternity destroyed the night before last. Great show. Check them out live if they hit your town. Found out that they coming back here in September with Stratovarius, and possibly July with Hate Eternal, Krisiun and Incantation.
www.intoeternity.net

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 11, 2005 13:24     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
...and I've never seen Motorhead.

Motorhead and COC was a blast lastnight!!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 11, 2005 13:37     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me, Pepper and Sean Kinney fucking around at an aftershow party

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan