my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 39)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 03, 2012 17:31     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's great. Since Voivod were not the headliners, the venue will not refund tickets.
 |  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 04, 2012 18:54     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Word on the street was that Fear Factory has signed up for the next ICP Gathering....FAYGO TIME BITCHES!!

Funny you mention ICP, I just went to a Brian Posehn show a few weeks ago (it was actually recorded, it'll be on TV/DVD later this year) and he told this hillarious tale about having a gig at the annual Juggalo convention, whatever the fuck that is haha. In a nutshell, he hated it.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 04, 2012 20:11     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last night was fun, saw part of Anthrax, didn't know Benante's hand was fucked up so the drummer of Shadows Fall was there. Motorhead was Motorhead as always, Mikkey Dee gets tighter every time.

Slayer has a CRAZY pyro stage set-up, Tom's voice was unusually higher (like the old days) than usual. I don't think they use effects so it was the real-deal.

Was gonna see Slipknot just cuz of Jim Root and Corey Taylor but found out Root's appendix burst a week ago and he almost died. So I just hung out with the Slayer and Anthrax people all night, I even got into a pepper eating contest with Gary Holt, I think he won (well he grew them , CHEATER!). Fucking fun all around.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 05, 2012 02:50     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, in the wake of not being able to go see Voivod, pretty much sure I need to catch Agalloch on the 12th here in Seattle.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 05, 2012 13:17     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
I even got into a pepper eating contest with Gary Holt, I think he won (well he grew them , CHEATER!). Fucking fun all around.

Pepper eating contest? Hot peppers? Kinda like that scene in Dumb & Dumber?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted July 05, 2012 13:31     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Well, in the wake of not being able to go see Voivod, pretty much sure I need to catch Agalloch on the 12th here in Seattle.

Ditto. The guys are just getting better and better.
Have you heard Faustian Echoes? Amazing. It's on Bandcamp.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 06, 2012 15:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Pepper eating contest? Hot peppers? Kinda like that scene in Dumb & Dumber?

Haha, well, not exactly, but he had this ziplock baggie full of these little bitty peppers, and was challenging people to eat them, cuz visually they were so unassuming but they were really hot as FUCK! I was the first to try them and waited almost 5 minutes before drinking anything, he said I was "alright" and Frank Bello said I had balls hahaha. I was immediately accepted

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 06, 2012 23:59     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
Ditto. The guys are just getting better and better.
Have you heard Faustian Echoes? Amazing. It's on Bandcamp.

Just heard a bit of it. Hoping to pick it up at the show, actually. Agreed on their progression... truly one of the more interesting bands going these days.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 07, 2012 07:59     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
listened to "Faustian Echoes" this morning. possibly my favorite Agalloch. which is saying a lot.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 07, 2012 10:36     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
listened to "Faustian Echoes" this morning. possibly my favorite Agalloch. which is saying a lot.

Sean are you working Aug. 1? I've already bought my ticket for the ATL show........

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 07, 2012 17:39     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lee, i am in pretty dire shape for travelling right now. i would probably only run my funds thin for Voivod....

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 21, 2012 05:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One hour to go..... Zwarte Cross festival again with my lovely wife.

A day of motorcycles, beer and dust.

And heavy Metal!!!

Kreator here i come.

Zwarte cross

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 21, 2012 09:10     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So how many of you lucky bastards over the pond will be seeing Vektor??

--------------------

String em up

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 23, 2012 02:43     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snoop Dogg tonight! I stayed home...

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 23, 2012 08:54     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DRI in London this week. I right fancy that!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 24, 2012 08:16     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Iron Maiden tonight!
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 24, 2012 11:49     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Iron Maiden tonight!

Didn't know you were into Maiden höhö!

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 24, 2012 16:12     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Iron Maiden tonight!

My son says: aaahhh vet! What means aaaahhh cool!

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 01, 2012 21:34     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
About 20 minutes until I get crushed by Agalloch!!

One kamikaze and a guiness down......and we're just getting started baby!

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted August 01, 2012 21:47     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man, enjoy the evening.
They ripped the place apart the other day. Don in particular, is just one totally amazing guitarist.
And wtf, start that mosh pit, they seem to like it when people mosh to their music. I don't, but who am I to judge.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 01, 2012 22:06     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
About lift off....setting up now. Yeah I'll work on the pit...
This crowd seems pretty lazy though. Too many old folks in here.

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted August 02, 2012 21:34     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and?

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 03, 2012 02:44     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First to a party and then Electric Wizzard one street from where I live

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 03, 2012 21:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's what I remember:

Got there for the tail end of the opening band...Taursus(?) or maybe Taurus like the Ford product. Ultra slow doom by a female duo with whacked out images projected on a screen behind them. I could see Vroom enjoying it. Me, uhhhm not really. Hex, did these guys open at the show you saw? What did you think of them?

Let me first say that what followed was one of the most amazing musical experiences I'd ever witnessed. My buzz was peaking right as John started the first song...great timing. He'd lit up incense prior to this which filled the air and slowly set the mood to transport entire room to that mysterious land called Agalloch.........Once you got on, you didn't want to get off. I swear it was that good. They launched straight into Faustian Echos which at that time I hadn't heard yet. After being pulverized by that goodness for 20 minutes it was time for some of their classics. It was like the band was telepathically hearing what I wanted them to play. Pale Folklore (which killed me, fav album by them). Also the classic Not Unlike the Waves....My body could not help but move to these grand waves of sound...so after peaking...I quickly dehydrated and had to move for the water cooler. Gotta love georgia in August. Another thing to note was the quality folks in the crowd. No pit ever started...these were true fans who were there to experience every second of these beautiful moments on stage. Course one would expect this from such an intelligent band.....speaking of the crowd, I noticed on my left a siren banging furiously in what seemed like the entire hour they played. All you saw was her black mass of hair in a non-stop wave of motion. I thought, wow, now that's interesting(more on this later). The dream finally ended...the band ended with their cover of Sol Invictus's 'Kneel Before the Cross'. I was completely spent. I went and picked up 'Marrow' and 'Faustian'....and headed for the bar. Might as well have one more before the call for the taxi. I took it outside and sat at a table. Lounging there in drunk recovery mode...I could hear the shitty punk rock band banging it out at the club across the street. I almost felt sorry for the bouncer who would tell people coming in there was a cover and watch as they retreated across the street.
Then the siren made her approach. Wearing her grey girlie Agalloch t, she came over and sat down. Sporting a cig, and a Miller High Life tallboy I thought....wow. We talked at length about the band and then metal in general. She'd actually done an interview with Don Anderson (Agalloch lead guitarist), for Deadtide.com...google it. Great interview. 24 yrs old.....it was trouble sir and I knew I had to get out of there. Fortunately my good Ethiopian friend Benjamin showed up in his taxi-van. Said my goodbyes...asked if I was coming to the Morbid Angel show in a couple of weeks........

I survived....severe bangover the next morning but I made it home in one piece....

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted August 12, 2012 09:35     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Overkill, Suicidal Tendencies and Voïvod today !!!

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan