my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 26)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 21, 2009 01:51     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
The Head Cat album, "Fool's Paradise", is one of my favourite rockabilly albums. Looks like Lemmy still has to fail to deliver in anything he's involved on.

P.S.: I'm forgetting about "March Or Die" just for the sake of convenience.

I don't have any of their albums, but they're definitely on my ever-growing list! It was a fun show, and my AV isn't photoshopped

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 21, 2009 01:54     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
testament may 26 rams head live baltimore

i am so fuckin there \m/ \m/

I'm pissed off because the same night Testament is here Mike McCready's annual "Flight to Mars" UFO tribute band is playing. Hmmm.....Testament doesn't play here every year though LOL. This is a tough one!! Have a good time for me man!!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 21, 2009 01:56     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
Did you shoot that pic John? Really cool

I wish! Haha...Nah I just linked a pic on their myspace page I saw them at that El Corazon place...I don't see how the hell TESTAMENT is gonna play there

--------------------

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted March 21, 2009 07:37     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have some good ones coming up.

April 7 Destruction - NYC
April 8 Kreator / Exodus - NYC
April 19 Napalm Death / Kataklysm - NJ
May 1 Opeth - NJ
May 19 Testament

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 21, 2009 21:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
I'm pissed off because the same night Testament is here Mike McCready's annual "Flight to Mars" UFO tribute band is playing. Hmmm.....Testament doesn't play here every year though LOL. This is a tough one!! Have a good time for me man!!

I'll do some extra head spins and throw a few more devilhorns in your honor. I'd have a hard desiding on McCready or Testament if they were both in my area at the same time also since I'm also a huge Pearl Jam fan. I haven't seen Testament since '89 when they played with Wrathchild America and Annihilator. I just put the Testament's catalog of albums in my cars cd changer to prepare me for the show.

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted April 06, 2009 21:34     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Destruction tomorrow, Kreator Wed, Mucky Pup on Sat.

What year is it?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 07, 2009 13:43     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pestilence on Sunday yay!!!!! New album sounds great, which I didn't expect at all.

--------------------

String em up

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 08, 2009 09:29     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a shitload of shows next week - The Haunted, Cannibal Corpse, NOMEANSNO, etc, but I'm only going to one:

KREATOR & EXODUS!!!!

Just picked up tix for Metallica in October. Stoked.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 10, 2009 20:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ordered my tix for Porcupine Tree with Kings X at the Electric factory in Philly Sept 26th !!!! what a killer lineup.

Hoping my order for Eddie Vedder at the Baltimore Lyric Opera House on June 15 is among those chosen from the fan club.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 10, 2009 20:42     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Pestilence on Sunday yay!!!!! New album sounds great, which I didn't expect at all.

Please give us a show report Villaness! You know, the two new tracks I've heard don't really strike me as ultra/brutal/tech as Mameli claimed they would be. And I think this is because so many other bands have copied them over the years. This is the same reason why I don't want Carcass to record any new material. There's no way it'll sound inspired.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 11, 2009 15:51     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fortunately I think I was wrong. These clips look pretty exciting:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=117970

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 12, 2009 19:47     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, they were damn good, couldn't see a great deal but then they're all old and bald now anyways.

The show got padded out a bit with the old drum/bass solo but apart from that was quite full on, unsurprisingly Out of the Body was the encore, I think Mind Reflections was the only one from Spheres, the rest of it was between new songs and a couple from Testimony and Consuming Impulse.

I was expecting it to be full of dickheads also but there was a good crowd, no hassle from anyone, bargain!

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 26, 2009 10:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TESTAMENT TESTAMENT TESTAMENT TESTAMENT TESTAMENT TESTAMENT TESTAMENT TESTAMENT TESTAMENT TESTAMENT TESTAMENT TESTAMENT
Recher's Theater in Towson tonight \m/oo\m/

--------------------

yawn

L'Heavy
VoivodFan
Member # 655

posted May 26, 2009 23:02     Profile for L'Heavy   Email L'Heavy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Death Dealer and VOIVOÏD july 4th !!!!!!!!!!!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 27, 2009 02:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the 5 1/2 hours of driving tonight was well worth it. Testament's set list was off the hook!!! I didn't think they'd be playing any songs from the albums that Skolnik didn't appear on and I bummed about that possibility... boy was I wrong!!!! THE PREACHER, PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH, THE NEW ORDER, OVER THE WALL, SINS OF OMISSION, MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE, THE PERSECUTED WON’T FORGET, DEMONIC, TRUE BELIEVER, DO OR DIE, THE LEGACY, INTO THE PIT, SOULS OF BLACK, ELECTRIC CROWN, DISCIPLES OF THE WATCH, DNR, 3 DAYS IN DARKNESS, THE FORMATION OF DAMNATION

--------------------

yawn

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 27, 2009 02:53     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like you hade a great time Schroeder

June 13th and June 29th I will go to the mighty Voivod (I think you all know the band ) I'm very very excited about it

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 14, 2009 19:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heading back up to Baltimore Monday night to the Lyric Opera House for Eddie Vedder's acoustic performance with Liam Finn (Neil Finn's son) opening.

I think I might have to be wearing new Voivod Infini T-shirt to this even and chances are I'll be the the only one wearing a Voivod T... thus I will be the coolest mutha in da house!!!

this should be an awesome show

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 14, 2009 21:13     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow Dave, I think I would fall asleep standing up at the show. But have fun buddy...and yes, you will be the only VV shirt there. Why not wear flannel??
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 15, 2009 11:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Wow Dave, I think I would fall asleep standing up at the show. But have fun buddy...and yes, you will be the only VV shirt there. Why not wear flannel??

There are many sides to the Schroeder's musical needs. Seeing Vedder do an acoustic show is just one of them. Seeing Testament thrash the fuck out is another, and having my jaw drop while Porcupine Tree or King Crimson create musical art is yet another.

I don't like to fit in so a Voivod shirt is perfect for tonight's laid back seated show.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 15, 2009 14:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
There are many sides to the Luna's musical needs. Seeing Mark Eitzel do an acoustic show is just one of them. Seeing Testament thrash the fuck out is another, and having my jaw drop while Porcupine Tree or Gojira create musical art is yet another.

Hey Schroeder...thanks for helping me out putting these feelings into words!!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 16, 2009 02:31     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Next saturday Voivod in Antwerpen Belgium I guess that's the only indoor gig? I'm now even more excited after Waldrock..

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted June 16, 2009 04:42     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this Thursday - Wolves in the Throne Room
next Thursday - Kreator
next Friday - Voivod
next Saturday - Exodus

there is no better way

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 16, 2009 12:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn that's a cool line up of shows diamanda! Now if they'd only rotate live shows forever that would be cool.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 16, 2009 14:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vedder at the Baltimore Lyric opera house was incredible. The acoustics were phenomenal, and he played a long very diverse set of originals and cover songs that had the crowds cheering singing and just enjoying the evenings performance.
He started with "Walking The Cow" and after idiots in the audience started screaming different songs they wanted to hear, Ed said he wanted us to help him sing the next song and the lyrics are "I'm from Baltimore and I'm an Asshole..." The crowd busted out in laughter (my girlfriend who didn't know too much about Vedder said "I love this guy"), although some still didn't get the point, and after requests still were belched out from some fans, Eddied decided to write them down on paper to which he crumpled up and tossed over his shoulder.... He was a fucking riot.

At one point he point to the balcony and said those were his people, and mentioned his very first concert he saw as a kid was top row all the way to the back... you couldn't get any further back than he was. And then he went on to say "Now look at me, am playing a ukulele on the stage at an Opera House... it just shows you that anything's possible"

Vedder always connects with his crowd, and made everyone feel like we were all together for a special night of music.... and after 2 hours we did not leave disappointed.

I won't bore ya with anymore details because I'm sure ya really don't give a shit. I've always ranked Ed among the best singer songwriters of all time and this evening once again proved why I feel that way.

BTW: I did wear my INFINI Tshirt and the cool thing was the girl at the merch counter said "Voivod!!! I saw them years ago with Soundgarden and Faith No More" I mentioned to her that they are still around and still incredible. I was the only in a Voivod T of course.

--------------------

yawn

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted June 16, 2009 14:58     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

this Thursday - Wolves in the Throne Room
next Thursday - Kreator
next Friday - Voivod
next Saturday - Exodus

there is no better way

very similar to mine

this Saturday - Enemy Of The Sun, Cataract, Tankard, Misery Index

next Thursday - ahem... Day-Off
next Friday - Voivod, Sacred Reich
next Saturday - Lääz Rockit, Exodus

July, 11th - Holy Moses, Disbelief

August, 11th - Fear Factory

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan