my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 25)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Nanoman
VoivodFan
Member # 622

posted November 12, 2008 19:39     Profile for Nanoman   Email Nanoman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Coming to Detroit:

Dredg 11/14
Discipline: 11/16
King's X: 12/10

|  IP: Logged
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 01, 2008 15:06     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
Hail Of Fucken Bullets. November 29th. I'm there.

I was there. I'm still recovering.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 01, 2008 16:23     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cliff Richard & The Shadows are playing in my town next year, tickets a snip at £60.

Say what you like, my Metal Brothers and Sisters, I am soooo fucking well going to that! Hank Marvin is awesome.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted December 02, 2008 09:05     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am going to see ST on Friday.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted December 05, 2008 11:18     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just about to leave for the SATYRICON gig.

Club Boogaloo, Zagreb Croatia

Did any of you see what the Croatian football fans did in Italy the other day? haha!
They about burned that Italian town down to the ground! I love a good riot.

Anyway...back to the topic...SATYRICON!!!
I know...Satyr is writing a lot of what i call "Pop Black Metal" these days, but i like it anyways.

EKH...your gig sounds like it's gonna be a hoot!
I can see all those old people moving about in a slow mosh-pit.
Walkers, crutches, oxygen tanks...haha

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 12, 2008 08:34     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Next March looks promising. Both Maiden and Morbid Angel will be back. I'm sooo there at both gigs!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 12, 2008 12:47     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why this band is so awesome: http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/1091/baroness-the-birthing

Go check them out if you ever come through your town!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 12, 2008 13:23     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Municipal Waste tonight, Mithras on Sunday yayyy

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 13, 2008 19:44     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CANDLEBOX is actually playing in my area tonight, and as much as I wouldn't mind seeing them... THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER SEASON FINALE is on tonight and I'd rather watch that. The Fight For The Troops live event they had on Wednesday was fuckin brutal. One guy had his arm broken and another guy ended up looking like the Elephant man after his opponent pummelled the shit out of his face... lumps everywhere from the barrage of knes, elbows, and fists that constantly found their mark.

BRING IT ON!!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 15, 2008 09:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
CANDLEBOX is actually playing in my area tonight, and as much as I wouldn't mind seeing them... THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER SEASON FINALE is on tonight and I'd rather watch that. The Fight For The Troops live event they had on Wednesday was fuckin brutal. One guy had his arm broken and another guy ended up looking like the Elephant man after his opponent pummelled the shit out of his face... lumps everywhere from the barrage of knes, elbows, and fists that constantly found their mark.

BRING IT ON!!!!!

I would have skipped Candlebox if there were reruns of Friends on........Schroed, please tell me you have a 'tapout' ball cap.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 15, 2008 13:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't have any official UFC gear. I have this weird thougt that if I wear a Tapout, or UFC shirt or cap some dickhead will want to fight me for no reason, and I've got better things to do than deal with cops and courts. I'll stick to my Voivod, Death Angel, Porcupine Tree, Clutch.... shirts that just confuse people because they have no clue what they mean.

The season finale fights were good, but nothing compared to the Fight For The Troops event.

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted December 15, 2008 15:47     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The season finale fights were good, but nothing compared to the Fight For The Troops event.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Did you see the fight that was not aired where the guy's leg was broken?????

HOLY CRAP! search it on You Tube.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 16, 2008 19:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I gotta find that one!!!! I loved the 22 year old fighter who snapped his opponents arm. When Joe Rogan interviewed him he said "I've always wanted to do that!!!!"

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 17, 2009 17:06     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 18, 2009 20:56     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MAN that was a cool/fun show last night! It was Head Cat, it's a Lemmy-fronted rockabilly/blues band with the drummer of Stray Cats. They play a bunch of covers like Buddy Holly and Blue Suede Shoes, did Rock this Town too haha. BS'd with Lemmy briefly, I think the only reason he plays this crappy venue is because it has a pinball machine HAHAHA! He and about 4 of us did a shot of Patron Gold for our friend's b-day. The guy is a bonafied class act

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 18, 2009 21:56     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Head Cat album, "Fool's Paradise", is one of my favourite rockabilly albums. Looks like Lemmy still has to fail to deliver in anything he's involved on.

P.S.: I'm forgetting about "March Or Die" just for the sake of convenience.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted January 22, 2009 00:42     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HOUNDS OF HASSELVANDER is playing in Allston (outskirts of Boston) on February 15th, this will rock. Saw them twice before, always killer.

For the uninitiated, this is basically Joe Hasselvander (Pentagram, Raven, etc.)'s solo project - So if you liked the Pentagram "Review Your Choices" or "Sub Basement" LPs, which were basically Joe albums with Bobby Liebling singing, you'll definitely dig the Hounds. HEAVY rock teetering on the edge of metal with huge helpings of sludge, doom and a dash of KISS. Really! Fucking excellent.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 22, 2009 23:49     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I missed a bunch of good shows at the end of '08 due to shitt circumstances, but '09 is looking good so far

Soilwork, Darkane, Warbringer and Swallow The Sun Feb 24th

Children Of Bodom, Lamb Of God, As I Lay Dying and God Forbid April 13th

Kreator, Exodus, Warbringer, Epicurean, Belphegor on April 19th

SNFU are coming sometime soon too.

Start the year off right!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 10, 2009 13:14     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OPETH at the ZWARTE CROSS FESTIVAL HERE IN LICHTENVOORDE (HOLLAND)

BEST BAND AT THE MOMENT AT THE BEST FESTIVAL EVER... CHECK THIS OUT:

Zwarte cross

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 10, 2009 14:26     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did you shoot that pic John? Really cool

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 18, 2009 18:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
testament may 26 rams head live baltimore

i am so fuckin there \m/ \m/

--------------------

yawn

Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted March 19, 2009 19:54     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After years of having to drive a minimum of 90 minutes to see them, Clutch is finally playing my town on May 16, and I am stoked!

--------------------

"Wow, a superpowers drug you can just rub into your skin? You'd think it'd be something you'd have to freebase."
- Philip J. Fry

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 19, 2009 21:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish great shows were only 90 minutes from my house. Baltimore, DC, or Philly which is the closest places to go for "real" bands are all 2.5 - 3.5 hours away; however, CLUTCH did play at a venue/ wedding reception hall just 20+ minutes from my house last year. OH YEAH, I WAS THERE!!!!

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 20, 2009 19:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my ticket for TESTAMENT!!!!!!!!
I'm missing out on the Kreator / Exodus show because my family will be staying with me for a few days, so by the time Testament comes around I'll be 'jonesing' for some thrash.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 20, 2009 21:16     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Forbidden soon! yay!
And the Stupids.

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan