my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 18)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 30, 2007 16:34     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Megz:
Coming to Seattle June 20 (Studio Seven):

NECROPHAGIST
Decapitated
Cephalic Carnage
Cattle Decapitation
As Blood Runs Black
Arsis
The Faceless
Ion Dissonance
Beneath The Massacre
Sleepterror

I dunno if I can handle 10 death metal bands in one evening, but I think we're going to try!

Wow. Sounds like you'll both be gargled by death metal vocals and spat onto a floor full of sweaty boys' hair. Oh my GOD...sounds like heaven to me.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 06, 2007 21:43     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Let us know how the Peeping Tom was, I wanted so bad to see them when they were in Baltimore a few weeks ago, but working 8am-5pm, driving 3 hours, seeing a show, driving 3 hours back home and getting up in a couple hours and back to work by 8am, isn't something i can do anymore... and THAT SUCKS. One of the few drawbacks about living where I do.

What can I say, vintage Patton. Never predictable. This is like no other tour he has done, ever. He had about 6 or 7 other people with him, and they would take turns going on stage with him. He was wearing a bullet proof vest the whole time, and he said something about Big Boy from Outkast wanting to "pop a cap in his ass", so he's worn it throughout the whole tour haha. He also has some 20 year old chick that can beatbox like a mutha. All in all it was a good time, but he didn't hang out at all before or after the show. I still managed to get an autograph for you though.
It just says Patton....

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 06, 2007 21:47     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw Mastodon last night, they only played for an hour because they had to leave real quick or some stupid shit. Their sound is changing more and more into a stoner/jam fashion. Whatever, it's still good

They did have time to hang out at a bar right after the show, and who the hell was there hanging out with Brent? Kat Von Deese (tattoo artist, she's on Miami Ink, she specializes in portraits). I almost lost my load haha.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 07, 2007 16:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN!!!! You've been having a fun time lately, huh??!! Kat, fuckin rocks when it comes to portrait tat's, she's an amazing artist, and not bad on the eyes either

Thanks for getting the Patton sig. Do you need my address? If so email me. I'd have loved to seen his tour, but I guess I'll have to live out my live music fantasies thru my friends. Hard to tell if Patton would be serious or not about the death threat.

Porcupine Tree for me on the 22nd of this month.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 07, 2007 18:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Porcupine Tree for me on the 22nd of this month.

Hey schroeder! I almost, ALMOST bought an airline ticket and tic for that show in Baltimore...but decided I better save some $$$. Southwest were having a killer sale on airline tickets, but I backed out before hitting the "Purchase this Flight" button. I'm missing PT this time round...
Do you think they'll come back to the states later this year?

[there are no decent shows coming to ABQ]

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 14, 2007 11:30     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well so much for saving $$$$.
Saw PT in San Francisco at the beautiful Warfield Friday night. PT are at their best. If possible, catch this tour. You will not be disappointed. They play the entire FOABP. Plus lots of other goodies.
And my god, I love Gavin!

Oh, and Beneath the Massacre tomorrow night.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 14, 2007 19:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You will also get another shot at seeing PT again later this year since I am almost positive they will be back in the fall/winter for another tour.

I have heard nothing but rave reviews for this new tour, and they have been pulling out some seldom played tunes to shake the set up a bit. one more week and I'll be in Baltimore. It woulda been great rockin out with ya Amy, but I'm glad you desided to go see them closer to home at least.

Vince (aka Mean Mr Mustard) just emailed me a glowing review of his experience with the TREE last night. If this band comes anywhere close to you FUCKIN GO!!!! Many of the venues are selling out already, so don't blow your chance.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 14, 2007 20:12     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Missed 'em

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 15, 2007 10:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
You will also get another shot at seeing PT again later this year since I am almost positive they will be back in the fall/winter for another tour.

I have heard nothing but rave reviews for this new tour, and they have been pulling out some seldom played tunes to shake the set up a bit. one more week and I'll be in Baltimore. It woulda been great rockin out with ya Amy, but I'm glad you desided to go see them closer to home at least.

Vince (aka Mean Mr Mustard) just emailed me a glowing review of his experience with the TREE last night. If this band comes anywhere close to you FUCKIN GO!!!! Many of the venues are selling out already, so don't blow your chance.

Indeed: FUCKIN' GO. haha. Damn schroeder, wish we'd got A Smart Kid. That song is sickeningly GOOD. I noticed they skipped the ugly ass Phoenix area this time round. Perhaps they'll throw in Albuquerque next time! Yeah, this tour is awesome. Felt at times that I was witnessing greatness/genius-killer musicianship here. And FOABP. Wow! Amazing record. I think I need to bury it to force myself to stop listening to it. Enjoy the show schroeder!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 15, 2007 19:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They will probably hit some other venues and cities next time around for sure, especially because the album is doing better than previous releases.
Amy, I saw your gig review on Dark Matter. I usually skip a lot of the posts I get in the digest but for some reason read the one you posted not realizing it was you until I saw LUNA signed at the end. I know what you mean about not being able to stop playing FOABP. For an album that didn't hook me right away, I'm now a full blown addict and need at least a daily fix or I get the shakes.

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted May 15, 2007 23:54     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
need some help...

On Sunday, I can either see Hatebreed or Heaven & Hell.

Hatebreed is playing my old club and I may have 3rd row seats to H&H. Both shows local, both free.

Which would you choose? I am leaning towards Hatebreed.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 16, 2007 01:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsawyerfam:
need some help...

On Sunday, I can either see Hatebreed or Heaven & Hell.

Hatebreed is playing my old club and I may have 3rd row seats to H&H. Both shows local, both free.

I do not know Hatebreed so i'd go for H&H

Which would you choose? I am leaning towards Hatebreed.

I do not know Hatebreed so i'd go to H&H
Ronnie Rocks........

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 16, 2007 06:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How could pass up seeing the legends? Go see HEAVEN AND HELL!!! I wish I could see them when they come around but it's more bad timing and long distance driving. Give a review to whichever one you choose.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 23, 2007 06:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Porcupine Tree kicked major ass last night. Just a goddamn amazing performance in a pcked venue. The sound was excellent, the visuals were stunning, and Steve Wilson's sense of humor when he fucked up some forgotten lines made it all the better. They cover the entire new album through out the night's set set and had a handfull of rarities and classic tracks from the past. About 2 hours of stunning, grooove, hard rocking music and I now realize I soon will probably not be seeing this band in small venues in the future, which is good news and bad. Being able to see lots of good friends during the night was just icing on the cake.

The opening band 3 was damn good also, and even with a slightly bad mix they proved they were worthy of me needing their album. They reminded me of a more tribal and harder rockin Mars Volta with musi that actually went somewhere... I was very impressed.

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 23, 2007 08:37     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
End Of Level Boss, tonite, up the road.

Can't not go, can I?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 23, 2007 09:49     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We'll expect some pics Mike!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 24, 2007 07:54     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ooooh they were reet good.

I would like to formally and in public apologise to Nell for going up to her at the end and saying it was merely 'nice'. I was very tired and it was way past my bedtime.

I got video of 'Freakwaves' on my phone, sounds terrible but looks good. If I can remember how to Bluetooth it off my phone I'll get it up onto Youtube.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 24, 2007 10:36     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
schweeeet!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 28, 2007 15:25     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw Robin Williams last Thursday.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 14, 2007 03:43     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oooh Cynic on the 25th I think!!
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=74612

--------------------

String em up

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 14, 2007 05:08     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep. I'll be at that Cynic gig. Gonna be killer to see those guys again.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 14, 2007 12:46     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cannibal Corpse in September sometime. Part of the Metal Blade 25th anniversary tour. Hope there's some other good bands on it.

The big news around here is King Diamond, Kreator, Leaves Eyes and Cellador. Fucking Kreator! King Diamond! SWEEEEEEET.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 21, 2007 17:09     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw Ozzy last week, it was meh. He officially sucks as a solo artist now (live, the new album is pretty good). With Sabbath live though he rules. Whatever.

Tonight I am gonna see Slint!!!

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 01, 2007 19:43     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skinny Puppy at the Astoria on the 14th August. I'm going - are you?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 02, 2007 00:49     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Smoked a hash joint with Hank III last Saturday, good times

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan