my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 30)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 12, 2010 09:13     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's so many cool tours getting ready to happen or starting up that are passing through Philadelphia or Baltimore;
Kreator/Voivod
Megadeth/Exodus/Testament
Mastodon/(with others I don't care about, well maybe Baroness would be cool... right Mez?)
Overkill/(with others I don't care about)

But with using up all my personal days, or just loosing days off work because of these blizzards we've had in the last couple weeks, it's making a trip to either city not look very promising... Mutha Nature is fucking up my life.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 14, 2010 12:39     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm, looks like Megadeth with Jr. are arriving here next April. Great opportunity to see them.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 18, 2010 13:01     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On sunday:

In Arnhem Willem een

Dark Fortress. nice.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 18, 2010 15:42     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oooh don't miss Dark Fortress. Fuckin excellent stuff.

Cannabis Corpse this Saturday

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 18, 2010 18:35     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Living Colour in May. For free.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 18, 2010 23:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FREE!!!???

Can't beat that!!! I do dig their last release... thanks to those here that praised it, and made me buy it.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 20, 2010 19:41     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:

Yes I did and it was....meh. I missed half of Arsis' set which pissed me off coz I've been dying to see them live for a long time. Their sound was pretty muddy too. After their set I went to the merch table and bought their new album Starve For The Devil. It's amazing! Their best work yet. Nice guys too. Exodus was fucking killer as always. I think I've seen them 4 times in the last year and a half! Arch Enemy bored the shit out of me. The crowd loved them but they just don't do it for me anymore. All in all it was pretty good. I only paid 10 bucks to get in, but spent like $100 on booze. Got right fucking hammered and had to work at 6am the next day. That was a trainwreck.

Damn, bummer about missing half the set you were mostly looking forward to, and the stuff you did see/hear was muddy! I don't own any Arsis but I liked them, the sound didn't seem bad but I was kinda near the side of the stage so I mostly heard the monitors, I guess.

Exodus DID fucking kick serious ass as always, I think it was my 3rd time in the past 2 years. They are doing really well for not really hitting it 'big' commercially like the Big Four, to be going strong this far into it is something to attest to. Nevermind the fact they were on hiatus for most of the 90's haha. I bought the DVD set, ALREADY autographed, for only $5 more than store price.

Arch Enemy never really did it for me but their musicianship and song structure has improved, IMHO. But I mainly went for Exodus anyways.

...And of course I've had many-a-$100 booze nights and had to do some shit the next morning, usually still drunk hahaha!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 20, 2010 19:44     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
There's so many cool tours getting ready to happen or starting up that are passing through Philadelphia or Baltimore;
Kreator/Voivod
Megadeth/Exodus/Testament
Mastodon/(with others I don't care about, well maybe Baroness would be cool... right Mez?)
Overkill/(with others I don't care about)

But with using up all my personal days, or just loosing days off work because of these blizzards we've had in the last couple weeks, it's making a trip to either city not look very promising... Mutha Nature is fucking up my life.

Mother Nature is a CUNT! Damn, I hope you at least make the Voivod/Kreator show!!!

--------------------

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted February 26, 2010 12:06     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tonight at the ''maison de la culture''

Les Ékorchés, last show with AWAY on drums, its Freeeeeeeeee!

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 09, 2010 22:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Doom supergroup SHRINEBUILDER in a couple of hours!

Did I mention "Wino" was in it?

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 10, 2010 02:58     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
April 14th Triptykon in Essen. Still a bit pissed off about the whole Roadburn issue with Triptykons' first gig ever and spending 150 euros for that ticket DUH! Now I'm gona see the twice in a week. Slowly turning in less pissed

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 10, 2010 11:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha, that rules DBC! Can't wait to hear about it.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 10, 2010 18:48     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You lucky, lucky bastid, it will be worth it.

--------------------

String em up

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 11, 2010 03:00     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shrinebuilder > Trypticon

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 11, 2010 10:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When is this happening, newclear infusion?

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 20, 2010 20:24     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
When is this happening, newclear infusion?

It was March 9th here in Seattle at Neumo's. We got there right before they went on. Played for an hour and 15, they were fucking AMAZING. Better than the studio album, which was a quick collaborative-impromptu thing in the first place. First time to ever see doom guitarist extraordinaire Scott 'WINO' Weinreich live on stage. I got a shirt for $15 also.

Pentagram is playing here again next Friday, REALLLLY pumped about this considering last June I was so drunk I don't really remember much except that it was badass

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 23, 2010 10:57     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fear Factory - Tonight! With a bunch of opening bands I've never heard. Seems to me I'll be in that little tap room bar to kill time while also killing brain cells.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 23, 2010 14:13     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Fear Factory - Tonight! With a bunch of opening bands I've never heard. Seems to me I'll be in that little tap room bar to kill time while also killing brain cells.

way to go have fun !!

--------------------

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 24, 2010 23:18     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
July 19, The Scorpions!!!!!!!
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted March 25, 2010 01:10     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
April 21st
Mastodon
Between The Buried And Me • Baroness • Valient Thorr

May 1st
Overkill

May 15th Superbowl of Hardcore 2010
Cromags
Madball
H20
YUPPIECIDE
TRAPPED UNDER ICE
SCARHEAD
WISDOM IN CHAINS
SAND
H8 INC
CRUEL HAND
INCENDIARY

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 31, 2010 00:26     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Pentagram show last Friday was weird, because their guitarist for the past few years bailed in San Fran, right before they got here, and they had to fly in some dude that doesn't even play guitar really, he's a bass player...AND to top it all off he didn't even really know any of their fucking songs!!! What a tosser, shit...He's from the same area as Pentagram, he should know the songs anyways, fuck I could play all the hits if I knew guitar.

So to make a long story short, they only played 45 minutes and did 4 songs (Forever my Queen, Review your Choices, Pentagram and 20 Buck Spin), and the rest was a 30 minute blues medley---That kicked ass, BTW. If not for kicking ass I woulda been really bummed. Liebling is off the blow now, he's gained a few pounds, but still moves around like a psycho-rocker. He even humped the Marshall stack a couple of times haha.

I can't wait for the DVD "The Fall and Rise of Bobby Liebling" to be issued, lots of cool archives 'sposed to be on that beotch

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 31, 2010 02:21     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have to reset my list every week at the moment....

Coming Friday Life of Agony RRR special

April 14th Triptykon Essen

April 15-17th Roadburn Festival (my favs Triptykon & Kylesa)

Mai 19th Death Angel & Nevermore (me no like NM very much, but maybe they surprise me.

August camping Wacken with some nice gigs

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 31, 2010 11:47     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Megadeth will bring the "Rust In Peace 20th anniversary tour" down to South America! Excellent!!!

--------------------

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted March 31, 2010 12:20     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That blows about the guitarist situation in Pentagram. I had heard that Russ Strahan left and wondered if were going to continue tour. That's too bad about your show out there.. caught them a couple times w/him and was a cool show with great setlist. Was lucky enough to see Death Row (Hasselvander/Griffin/Swaney) this past Saturday and they were great as well. Played all tunes that later showed up on the first three 80's Pentagram albums they played on... except Victor Griffin did vox. It's too bad they all can't find a way to reunite... those 3 + Liebling back as the line-up surely would kill!!
SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted March 31, 2010 16:21     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Over Kill next monday, lets hope I can find 30$ to go see them !

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan