my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 19)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 02, 2007 10:13     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
Smoked a hash joint with Hank III last Saturday, good times

Hank III rules! He was here a couple of weeks ago. Killer show. Would love to share more than a hash joint with him.

If all is still as the calendars read:

22/Zeptember-KATATONIA w/other bands
23/Zeptember-High on Fire/Mono
8/Rocktober-Finntroll
18/Rocktober-Prong
28/Rocktober-Dark Funeral/Naglfar/Daath
9/Novrockember-Immolation/Skinless/Suffocation

Really, the only one I look forward to is Katatonia. And possibly Porcupine Tree if I can find a good place to fly to that won't cost an arm and a leg and a skull and a mustache and a side of ham.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 02, 2007 12:53     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
I saw Ozzy last week, it was meh. He officially sucks as a solo artist now (live, the new album is pretty good). With Sabbath live though he rules. Whatever.

Tonight I am gonna see Slint!!!

Haha, I had six tickets and neither me, slug, Luna or hypermom went.....surely no big loss!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 02, 2007 16:12     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Luna:
Hank III rules! He was here a couple of weeks ago. Killer show. Would love to share more than a hash joint with him.

And possibly Porcupine Tree if I can find a good place to fly to that won't cost an arm and a leg and a skull and a mustache and a side of ham.

I shoulda said HE smoked a hash joint with ME Well my gf, she knows him way more than I do. I was just there HAHA. Anyways, he's lookin way healthy now, his back isn't giving him as much trouble, etc...A friend of ours gave his crew a bunch of "Amazonian" mushrooms before the show hehe.

Here's a pic for you to wet your stockings!

It's from Slim's in SF, not here.

Shit PT always plays my gf's club here in Seattle, come on up if they are gonna be here!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 02, 2007 16:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Haha, I had six tickets and neither me, slug, Luna or hypermom went.....surely no big loss!

It was stupid. We actually got in because
our friend is guitar teching for Behemoth, all we did was hang out with them for an hour or 2, and saw Ozzy. We got there at 8:30 haha.

Slint RULED, BTW. First time to see them. Only played for an hour though, too short....

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 02, 2007 16:18     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck yeah Nuc! Thanks for that pic. I heart Hank III. Were you at the Slim's show? Such a crappy club, in a crappy part of SF too.

You know, I think PT are skipping the West Coast this time round. Bugger!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 02, 2007 16:27     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Luna:
Fuck yeah Nuc! Thanks for that pic. I heart Hank III. Were you at the Slim's show? Such a crappy club, in a crappy part of SF too.

You know, I think PT are skipping the West Coast this time round. Bugger!

You's welcome! Ah hell no I wasn't in SF, I wish A friend posted some pics on the SJR board (III is in SJR). Here's another one for you then to finish off the, "job"

Fooey on PT then for skippin the west coast!

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 02, 2007 20:14     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IN MEMORIUM!!!

Horns up bitches!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 02, 2007 22:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PORUPINE TREE is not hitting the west coast this time around. They are trying to go to areas they missed during the first leg of the US tour, sorry

I however have scored 5th row center to the Beacon Theater in NY thanks to my great girlfriend who will be accompanying me . I've NEVER been to NY so this will be a good way to bust my cherry in the big apple!!! We're hooking up with some friends from PA (who will be driving all of us to NY, yeah) and 2 people from Belgium and 1 mate from the UK who are all flying in for the gig and to hang out with us. I've traded shows with these guys for years and I'll now finally meet them in person... very cool.

Here's the tour dates:
2007-10-03 Orlando, FL House of Blues

2007-10-06 Mexico City, Mexico Teatro Metropolitan

2007-10-09 Asheville, NC Orange Peel

2007-10-11 Raleigh, NC Lincoln Theater

2007-10-12 Washington, DC State Theater

2007-10-13 New York, NY Beacon Theater

2007-10-15 Quebec, CA Salle Albert-Rosseau

2007-10-16 Toronto, ON Phoenix

2007-10-18 Albany, NY The Egg

2007-10-19 Hartford, CT Webster Theater

2007-10-22 Cleveland, OH House of Blues

2007-10-23 Cincinnati, OH Bogart's

2007-10-24 Kansas City, MO Beamount

2007-10-26 New Orleans, LA VooDoo Fest

2007-10-27 Houston, TX Meridian

2007-10-28 Dallas, TX House of Blues

2007-10-29 Atlanta, GA Roxy

2007-11-08 Oxford, UK Carling Academy

2007-11-09 London, UK Forum

If anyone is anywhere close to any of these venues, do yourself a favor and GO!!!

--------------------

yawn

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted August 03, 2007 02:43     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Twinkle Brothers, Seattle Aug 4
Temptations, Victoria Aug 5

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 03, 2007 04:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
14 november 2007
MESHUGGAH @ Melkweg Amsterdam
I am sooo going to this concert!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 03, 2007 10:10     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
PORUPINE TREE is not hitting the west coast this time around. They are trying to go to areas they missed during the first leg of the US tour, sorry

I however have scored 5th row center to the Beacon Theater in NY thanks to my great girlfriend who will be accompanying me . I've NEVER been to NY so this will be a good way to bust my cherry in the big apple!!! We're hooking up with some friends from PA (who will be driving all of us to NY, yeah) and 2 people from Belgium and 1 mate from the UK who are all flying in for the gig and to hang out with us. I've traded shows with these guys for years and I'll now finally meet them in person... very cool.

GO!!!

Well, I'm pretty sure they "missed" Albuquerque on that last leg of their tour
. NYC? Hmmm.

Oh, and forgot this one:
15 de agosto: Zappa Plays Zappa. Yay!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 15, 2007 05:18     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
9/18 Melvins!

9/22 Smashing Pumpkins

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 18, 2007 18:07     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NAPALM DEATH, October 25th or 26th.

I missed them last time they came to Brazil, didn't see'em live as a 4-piece yet.

Anyway, I'm sure they're gonna deliver!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 18, 2007 18:19     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piledriver.
Quebec City Metal Fest at Le Velvet on oct 20th.

Witch hunt.. i'm goin' on a witch hunt...

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 26, 2007 15:57     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Diamond Head played here last weekend, supported by Defender (old dutch heavy/speed metal band). Quite enjoyable. Pretty good even. DH played all Metallica's hits and some new songs. They rule.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 27, 2007 00:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dewey Beach is having their annual Music Fest this weekend with about 140 bands playing in a handfull of different clubs... ALL FREE!!!! My girlfriend and I are going to it for the first time which is lame considering I've lived here for 15 years and never went. Tons of bands from all over the area will be performing. Matt Pinfield will bedown interviewing acts including Jealousy Curve who is the main band we're going to see, but will check out some of the others also. Should be fun if I can find a place to park that's semi close.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 12, 2007 02:59     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just saw Down last Friday, heard about some blog shit Phil did before their new album and found this pic

Here's a link to the blog, Voivod mentioned

stoned

Running into Voi Vod in London was an all night blast! (much love to Snake and Away. You’ve influenced 2 generations of heavy metal, and are one of my favorite bands. We are friends for life! R.I.P. Piggy. I can’t say enough about you as a person, neither your beautifully unique guitar talent. At rest, your legacy is forever). - Philip H Anselmo

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 12, 2007 13:15     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eeh, nice one! Saw Rush on Wednesday. They were excellent. *smug*

--------------------

String em up

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 12, 2007 14:10     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
damndamndamndamndamndamndamndamndamn wanted to catch that Rush gig and forgot all about it. Still haven't seen them live. I am a bollocks head.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 12, 2007 14:21     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meeeehhhhh ... hehhehehe.
Still, Massacre will play soon too.

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 15, 2007 14:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RUSH has been on my list of bands to see that I have yet had the pleasure of experiencing also.

PORCUPINE TREE played saturday in NYC and of course they were fuckin brilliant. Had an incredible time and probably the best part of the weekend was just being able to see a lot of friends at the show who came from Belgium, Germany, Californina and many other places. I have made so many great friends from all over the planet thanks to PT bringing us all together.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 17, 2007 13:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
01 december

Arnhem Metal Meeting

Satyricon
Sodom
Asphyx
Hollenthon
Marduk
Unleashed
Primordial
Holy Moses
Nifelheim
Cruachan
Haemorrhage
Vreid
Cypher
Severe Torture
Panchrysia
Obsidian

Any suggestions who i must see??

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 17, 2007 14:35     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
01 december

Arnhem Metal Meeting

Satyricon
Sodom
Asphyx
Hollenthon
Marduk
Unleashed
Primordial
Holy Moses
Nifelheim
Cruachan
Haemorrhage
Vreid
Cypher
Severe Torture
Panchrysia
Obsidian

Any suggestions who i must see??

Haha, no idea if Marduk are any good any more. Last time i saw 'em they were playing slow-ish & staggering round the stage in harnesses, as a friend put it "like a fat black metal version of WASP."
Satyricon have been good every time I've seen them. Even if they are a bit rock n roll these days.

--------------------

String em up

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 19, 2007 03:59     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Eeh, nice one! Saw Rush on Wednesday. They were excellent. *smug*

I saw Rush once in 93

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 19, 2007 06:46     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(The Exalted) Piledriver! Tomorrow in QC!
I'm totally going.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan