my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What shows are coming to your town? (Page 43)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Author Topic: What shows are coming to your town?
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 08, 2013 15:52     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Goatwhore are one of the best live bands. They delivered in fine Goatwhore fashion.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 16, 2013 10:37     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Luna & Head Villain Show
See you soon, korgrrrls!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 16, 2013 19:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
The Luna & Head Villain Show
See you soon, korgrrrls!

What's the rating? JK, jk!!

I'm actually seeing Prince this Friday. Yeah, that guy...In a club! I'm about as bewildered as you all

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 17, 2013 05:06     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
What's the rating?

hahaha! hmm, without igor or paulussie around, i'm guessing it'll be strictly PG-13

ps: now i've got "raaaasberry beret" in my head

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 17, 2013 07:27     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AIC

May 1

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 17, 2013 12:26     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
hahaha! hmm, without igor or paulussie around, i'm guessing it'll be strictly PG-13

Who said I wasn't gonna be there??
Saturday I will pay the Girl-Voivodian-community a visit!!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 17, 2013 13:45     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

It kills me not being there this year... the bill is just not my cup of tea; but the party alone is worth the price of admission.

Now, if only Leslie managed to get 6weapons on the bill, it would be a completely different story.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 17, 2013 14:55     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggïïïrrr:
It kills me not being there this year... the bill is just not my cup of tea; but the party alone is worth the price of admission.

Now, if only Leslie managed to get 6weapons on the bill, it would be a completely different story.

I hear you, brother. I almost boycotted the festival this year when my dreams of bringing Chile's finest were crushed!

What's this? The Irongangmaker himself Paulussie WILL be on hand this Saturday? Arright!!! And ...expect rating to change accordingly...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 18, 2013 14:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
18+ haha

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 25, 2013 15:35     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd rate it fairly high myself. Having pints of Guinness at Clancy's just wasn't the same though since I usually went over there alone. Damn, Guinness is soooo damn good, as are all of those delicious Belgian beers.

Yeah, the line up was a bit odd for me this year too. Thurs & Fri were a bit slow going, not the beer drinking though. And damn, damn, damn...Paul, where'd you go on Saturday? Or, where did I go? Have to say that meeting up with folks from last year made it worth the trip back. Finally saw a bit of Amsterdam too. Not sure why they chose to use the 01 stage for non-stop films either for one day. And, the damn schedule confused me, and I missed seeing GOLD...arrghhgghh!

I forgot to bring my camera, so I have zero pics to share. WOOOOO!

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 26, 2013 03:17     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:

I forgot to bring my camera, so I have zero pics to share. WOOOOO!

same here; ah well, it wasn't as photogenic as the past two years.

the only thing i regret not capturing on film was how many times i saw 'burners walking around with cups/cones of that toxic bright blue 'smurf' flavor ice cream from the intermezzo gelateria.

the scandinavians in particular seemed to have a strong preference for it.
what's that all about?

it was great to kick back w/ you & swissphilip & kadavaralex at a picnic table in the setting sun, chatting. and then being back at the same picnic table with hv giving rave reviews to both 'the ruins' and the vegan satay roll

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 27, 2013 15:14     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad you guys had a swell time, ratings or not haha.

GHOST is here tonight!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 27, 2013 15:24     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Glad you guys had a swell time, ratings or not haha.

GHOST is here tonight!

We did! I missed Ghost while I was at Roadburn. I heard they ruled.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 27, 2013 15:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've never seen them (it?) but all the hype has me drawn in...Plus I'll get in free anyways HAHA (my gf's workplace) so I guess it's a no-brainer, if I don't go I'd be a fool.

Prince fucking rocked BALLS last week, BTW. Totally...they still hurt!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 29, 2013 13:03     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Prince fucking rocked BALLS last week, BTW. Totally...they still hurt!

That rules dude. Not about your BALLS though.

--------------------

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted April 29, 2013 21:55     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw Ghost open for Mastodon and Opeth. They blew. Lame dull stuff, worthless King Diamond ripoff.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 30, 2013 04:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seen Ghost once and was bored shitless. Heard a couple of tracks and it had the same effect. Each to his own though. Had Desertfest in the UK this weekend. If you ever get the chance to see a German 2-piece called Dÿse - do it. Best band I've seen in a very long time.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 30, 2013 06:07     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ghost was not bad, didn't kick me in the balls like Prince but it was still something to do since I'm a loner Dahmer-type (who isn't a gay murderous pedophile) and I thought it would be neat to go witness the "spectacle". Oh and to see who they really are too haha If anything it's good heavy rock, screw all the cloaks and hiding.

These were my best pics:

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 30, 2013 07:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool pics. So who the fuck are the guys behind the disguise? I'm too lazy to do online research to find out!

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 01, 2013 11:07     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I'm a loner Dahmer-type (who isn't a gay murderous pedophile)

My brother saw them here while I was in Tilburg. His friend who worked backstage says they were the nicest guys. Apparently this guy got a photo of their get ups before they dressed for the occasion. I like Ghost and am bummed I missed them play here.

h - I've definitely got to check out that band.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 01, 2013 13:07     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Cool pics. So who the fuck are the guys behind the disguise? I'm too lazy to do online research to find out!

I don't know who they really are, and it doesn't really say online, I just meant I saw them all without costumes and stuff haha. A prominent local photog claims he knows them all and what bands they are in, but being that I don't follow all 5 million "bands" from Sweden I probably still wouldn't know who the fuck they really were haha.

That sucks you missed them Luna! I can divulge that the singer has really short blonde hair lol, like a buzz cut

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 01, 2013 13:22     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Seen Ghost once and was bored shitless. Heard a couple of tracks and it had the same effect. Each to his own though. Had Desertfest in the UK this weekend. If you ever get the chance to see a German 2-piece called Dÿse - do it. Best band I've seen in a very long time.

I looked Dyse up and they are fucking cool.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 10, 2013 19:39     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mike McCreedy's UFO tribute band 'Flight to Mars' tonight woo-hoo. I missed them last year, so it ought to be double-killer

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 11, 2013 01:47     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tonight going with my son MILLE to:

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 11, 2013 07:48     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha...

'Neckbreak Nation'....that's a good one.

Have fun!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan