my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 8)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted October 07, 2003 13:05     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
V-e-n-o-fucking-M
In Leauge With Satan

|  IP: Logged
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 07, 2003 13:21     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IRELANDS CALL with Andrew Strong..

Just love this song; "Ireland, Ireland.......sholder to sholder, we'll answer of it's call".
5 minutes later: Bacteria with VOIVOD....ahh hypnotic......

Cheers!

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted October 07, 2003 13:25     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry for this plug guys, but I can't keep my enthusiasm inside right now. I'm actually listening to the VERY rough mixes of my own stuff that I'm working on. I'm excited because it already sounds great (to me). Some of you guys from this board have been very supportive, so I thought I'd share. The CD won't be out for at least another month, but if anyone's interested, they can see how I'm progressing at www.grodin.com/dnt
I think Voivod fans would especially dig the first listing (Track No. 3). But I hope you dig them all. Some of the vocals on the later tracks aren't final yet, so don't let that bother you too much. I'm not the greatest singer. I consider myself a guitar player that's forced to sing because I can't find a singer that enjoys taking the risks we do! Anyway, I hope you guys dig.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 07, 2003 13:42     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Annki:
IRELANDS CALL with Andrew Strong..

Just love this song; "Ireland, Ireland.......sholder to sholder, we'll answer of it's call".

Reminds me of that Monty Python song about Finland. "Finland, Finland, Finland.
The country where I want to be,
Pony trekking or camping,
Or just watching TV.
Finland, Finland, Finland,
It's the country for me."

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 07, 2003 14:21     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Maldoror.
I must have missed that part. I'm pretty fond of Monty Phyton myself....

Now I got to download the tracks from "grodin" that "MeanMrMustard" wrote about. I'm qurious about the sound!

Cheers!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 07, 2003 16:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Track #3 from Death & Taxes...very cool, nice geetar!!!

Hey Mr. Mustard, strange slug coincidence with the cover of A PERFECT CIRCLE...must be the 'year of the snail'. What did you guys finally settle on for the cover art and title.

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 07, 2003 16:25     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:
.......... I'm not the greatest singer. I consider myself a guitar player that's forced to sing because I can't find a singer that enjoys taking the risks we do!..........

I downloaded track 3 and 4. Then my daughter called for my attention. I made a playlist with just those 2 tracks and I had it on for at least an hour.

I'm not a musician myself, but I think a heard a lot of music and vocals.

Now it becomes difficult to express myself; your voice is really good, it's kind of emotional and goes perfectly with the music. I already find myself attracted to your very special sound.

since I'm pretty new at this board I have to ask some "stupid questions": Are you in a band? Is this your first album? Will this album be released in europe too?

Cheers!

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted October 07, 2003 17:44     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Schroed, I noticed the APC similarity too? That's funny. I still haven't made up my mind for sure, but I think I'm going with The Alaska 12 Expeditions title without the blade. Although, I like both, so that could change at any given moment. You're input is always appreciated.

And Annki, thanks for checking my stuff out. Yeah, that's my band. If you send me an email (check my profile), I'll give you the scoop. In short, this is the band's 3rd album (my second with them) and our last album can still be purchased through http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/deathtaxes or you can go through www.tower.com and search for Death & Taxes. But I think it's cheaper at CDBABY. I'm pretty sure that they both ship to Europe. Right now, that's the only way it's available. I don't have a record label or distributor. Email me, and we'll chat. And thanks again for checking it out. It's still the ol' fashion word of mouth that helps out the most!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 08, 2003 14:41       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pseudo Heroes-Prison of small perception
UFO-Live on Earth(boxset)
Hot Rod Lunatics-PsychoAccelerator
Grinder-Gotta keep movin(local Detriot band featuring Red Wings "grinder" Darren Mccarty on vocals)
and recent downloads
Broken Bones-F.O.A.D.
Mad Hatter-Perfect Place
....sadly thats all i had time to download thanks to my weak slow ass connection.

IP: Logged
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted October 09, 2003 00:37     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, hex! Thanks again for recommending them to me. I was dancing around like a crazy person at first listen...hadn't heard Russian in sooo long. Made me happy!

Megan

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 11, 2003 05:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yesterday at work was "MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN DAY"

Listened to the entire TOOL cataloge and A PERFECT CIRCLE discs...the man is a monster when it comes to singing and lyrics.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted October 12, 2003 03:49     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sacred Reich - Ignorance
Black Flag - Damaged LP
Cro Mags - Age of Quarrel
Audio Bullys - Ego War
Dropkick Murphys - Live on St-Patricks Day

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 12, 2003 06:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DEATH & TAXES demos from the new cd

great, diverse, talented, extreme, demented, brilliant, strange...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 12, 2003 06:08     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
DEATH & TAXES demos from the new cd

great, diverse, talented, extreme, demented, brilliant, strange...

today is 'DOUBLE SHOT CD DAY' at work:
Dream Theater = images and words + falling into infinity

Hangnail = clouds in the head + 10 days before summer

Govt Mule = life before insanity + dose

King Crimson = discipline + larks tongues in aspic

Masters Of Reality = 1st album + sunrise on the suffer bus

Porcupine Tree = xm radio broadcast + the sky moves sideways

Voivod = the outer limits + angel rat

i hope to listen to most of these... if the customers leave me alone!!!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted October 12, 2003 13:40     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spent the afternoon putting a new set of strings on the geetar while having too much coffee

And have been playing along to CF's hits ever since:
Into the crypt of rays
Mexican radio
Circle of the tyrants
Morbid tales
and Dethroned emperor.

Easy to play but, Oh so fu***ng good

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 12, 2003 13:47     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
amulet
http://www.amulet.no

Cthon
Member # 156

posted October 12, 2003 21:37     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nigheist - "Put My Love In Your Mouth" . hey, ive found new material for acoustic jam down at the bowling alley, ROCK!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 12, 2003 21:50     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Toad The Wet Sprocket - Fear.
yup. melllloooooowwwwww....

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted October 26, 2003 17:18     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Track 4 from Death and Taxes demo version.
It's just so unbelivable emotional and ....hm, hard to explain, really got it in my head. Find myself going around humming this track.

Two more fav's from the same: #3 and #9

Greetings.

The Devil's Advocate
VoivodFan
Member # 92

posted October 30, 2003 09:09     Profile for The Devil's Advocate   Email The Devil's Advocate     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
king Diamond - The Puppet Master
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 30, 2003 09:36     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TIAMAT - Judas Christ.
The Devil's Advocate
VoivodFan
Member # 92

posted October 30, 2003 15:36     Profile for The Devil's Advocate   Email The Devil's Advocate     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Devil's Advocate:
king Diamond - The Puppet Master

er well...
finished... and it's a fuckin good album, the best since The Eye if you ask me
and Andy LaRocque fucking rulez!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 31, 2003 07:53     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good list for work today, IMO:

BEATLES - Yellow Submarine soundtrack;
METALLICA - S&M (yes, I like it);
BRUTAL TRUTH - Extreme Conditions...;
BLACK SABBATH - Ozzy Meets The Priest;
MEGADETH - Rude Awakening;
TIAMAT - Judas Christ (can't seem to get tired of this one).

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 31, 2003 08:30     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic :
BLACK SABBATH - Ozzy Meets The Priest;

What the hell is that? A bootleg?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 31, 2003 08:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
What the hell is that? A bootleg?

Yes, it's the Mob Rules line-up, less Dio, plus Halford, that played at Costa Mesa, opening for Ozzy.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan