my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 14)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 18, 2003 01:45     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Atomic Bitchwax - half s/t, half Spit Blood. It's quite good. I may have to get the rest.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

|  IP: Logged
marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted December 18, 2003 03:11     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here the cd' I have in the car:

Destruction - Eternal Devastation;
Die Toten Hosen - Learning English Lesson 1;
Extrema - Tensions At The Seams;
Deep Purple - Anthology;
Napalm Death - Utopia Banished.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 18, 2003 06:55     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lots of old stuff for the moment :

S.O.B., Siege, Rightgeous Pigs, Negazione...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 18, 2003 07:24     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metal work playlist:

METALLICA - s/t;
METALLICA - Garage Inc.;
ACCEPT - Russian Roulette;
MOTÖRHEAD - Everything Louder Than Everyone Else;
PANTERA - Official Live: 101 Proof;
AMORPHIS - Elegy;
We're a Happy Family - Tribute to RAMONES.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 18, 2003 13:36     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
King Crimson - in the court of the crimson king

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 19, 2003 05:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To help pass the 12 hour work day:
Mordred - The Next Room
Opeth - Damnation
Pearl Jam - Salzburg City Austria 6/18/00
Porcupine Tree - Rohre Germany 11/19/03
Ramones - Halfway to Sanity
Rush - Counterparts
Satriani - Engines of Creation
Savatage - Dead Winter Dead
Ty Tabor - Saftey
Voivod - Phobos
Yes - Relayer
Townshend - Scoop 3
E.O.L.B. - Experiment

if everyone leaves me alone I should have a great day!!!

--------------------

yawn

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted December 19, 2003 06:22     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Iron Maiden - Live 12/18/03
I recorded that yesterday and though I didn't think the acoustics were too well, it really came out very good...
that show fucking smokes!!!

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 19, 2003 11:22     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Work:

Still Pantera and Amorphis, plus:

IRON MAIDEN - 7th Son (plus bonus CD);
IN FLAMES - Reroute to Remain;
MOTÖRHEAD - Overnight Sensation;
DIMMU BORGIR - Death Cult Armaggeddon;
THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE - Are You Experienced?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted December 20, 2003 09:49     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned
(the full album not the EP).
These veteran really kick ass. It satified my entire Thrash need for now. Great riff with an amazing production.

Mononc' Serge & Anonymus - l'Academie du Massacre
Funny lyrics with heavy riff. Quite a joke band with attitude.

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 22, 2003 07:29     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MOTÖRHEAD - Hammered;
RAMONES - It's Alive;
KING DIAMOND - The Eye;
ACCEPT - Balls To The Wall;
COCTEAU TWINS - Milk & Kisses;
ENTOMBED - Same Difference.

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted December 22, 2003 07:53     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Zyklon - World OV Worms

Wheeee!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 22, 2003 09:38     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
Zyklon - World OV Worms

Wheeee!

Ah, ye good ol' black metal...

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 22, 2003 13:23     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Continuously playing the last few days:

The God Machine - Scenes from the Second Storey

although I must been having this cd in my collection for about ten years now.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 22, 2003 14:52     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what a coincidence - Anatoly Krupnov: Postalbum

--------------------

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted December 22, 2003 17:38     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aria - Mania Velichia (Megalomania), 1985 - a bit too melodic and power-metal for me...

...so there:
Raw Power - 1983-DemoTape
The Ruts - Live And Loud
Terveet Kädet - Sign of the cross
Exodus - Tempo of the Damned (absolutely fuckin great!)
and a load of Extreme Noise Terror !

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 22, 2003 19:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD - Called Man In The Trees from the download at 'the other site' (first time I've been there in about 8 month or more!!! Got my music and LEFT!!!

--------------------

yawn

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 22, 2003 20:24     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's called "Man in the Trees" - "called" isn't part of the song title. I don't know why they named the file that way. I looked up Die Kreuzen and their song was just "Man in the Trees."

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 22, 2003 21:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
I think it's called "Man in the Trees" - "called" isn't part of the song title. I don't know why they named the file that way. I looked up Die Kreuzen and their song was just "Man in the Trees."

Thanks for the correction. Leave it Yuri to fuck up the title. Cool cover, though!!!

--------------------

yawn

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted December 23, 2003 01:04     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutrino:

Raw Power - 1983-DemoTape

Coooooool, Does Fuck Authority appear on the Demo?
Man, this song mean so much for me, I can't tell you all but when I heard it for the first time on MaximumRocknRoll's "Welcome To 1984" LP I knew this kind of noise was for me. Later that year "Screams From The Gutter" had the same impact on me...

Well, maybe next week I will post "Screams for..." LP or "WopHour" EP on the More Rare Thrash Rip topic...Let's see!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 23, 2003 06:14     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NP: The Cult - Dreamtime. Not exactly a metal album in any way, but it's been a while since I gave it a spin and it's a much forgotten classic.

"I will wear my hair long...."

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 27, 2003 04:19     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ripcord - Hardcore
Septic Death - Attention
Dystopia - Human = Garbage

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted December 27, 2003 09:03     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vacarmes:
Well, maybe next week I will post "Screams for..." LP or "WopHour" EP on the More Rare Thrash Rip topic...Let's see!

I'll look forward to it, Vac!!

quote:
Originally posted by Neutrino:
Terveet Kädet - Sign of the cross

Good record indeed. That's when those finnish hardcore veterans added some metal to their crusty music and it turned out great.

As for myself, there it goes my post-Xmas playlist:

NEIL YOUNG - Harvest
MAD SIN - Survival of the Sickest
COREY GLOVER - Hymns
DAVID BOWIE - Hours
OXYMORON - Fuck the 90's...here's our Noize!
REV HORTON HEAT - Spend the Night in a Box

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted December 28, 2003 01:49     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vacarmes:

Coooooool, Does Fuck Authority appear on the Demo?

yeah, 2 versions actually: it's from a cd which contains at least 2 different demos, some live stuff...
I'll try to post it, but it's a bit large (62MB)
That's all I know of this band - besides the covers by Mr Bungle (State Oppression, live) or Napalm Death (Politicians); I've seen a recent release from them, don't know if it's good...

Hey Mr Eddy, yes that TK record was a good surprise!

I'm doing a work marathon over the week-end, my playlist is full of Totalitär, Yacopsae, Excruciating Terror, Doom, Uncurbed...
Got to find my Agathocles CDs as well

oh, and

Korum - No Dominion (again, but this album is really good)

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 28, 2003 04:37     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutrino:

I'm doing a work marathon over the week-end, my playlist is full of Totalitär, Yacopsae, Excruciating Terror, Doom, Uncurbed...
Got to find my Agathocles CDs as well

That work is going to be finished really fast with that kind of music...

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted December 28, 2003 15:20     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Judas Priest - Stained Class

and incidentally, I have recently learned that this was the album they were sued over (as having subliminal messages that drove kids to suicide)....so if the alleged subliminal do its brainwash me into doing it, I will hold everyone who recommended this to me responsible!

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan