my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 47)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
SmedHed
VoivodFan
Member # 1041

posted July 22, 2009 16:26     Profile for SmedHed   Email SmedHed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Cool Goth Metal band, Croatia

Ashes You Leave, out Dec. 9th

first three tracks on myspace are new
http://www.myspace.com/ashesyouleaveband

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 22, 2009 21:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After about the fourth spin, I am really starting to dig the new CLUTCH - Strange Cousins From The West.

Not as jazzy as some previous releases, but heavy groove blues stoner rock that works for these ears and makes me proud to have been born in their home state of MARYLAND.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 03, 2009 05:30     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Full of highs and lows. The highs are better than Death Magnetic, though.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 03, 2009 08:22     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's out already?????

OPETH-Watershed

Wow, what a stunning piece of work! Its like they brought all the good elements from past albums and melded them together for this one. Way way better than their last effort...

Hex, you are indeed correct about DEATH.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 03, 2009 21:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm looking forward to the new Megadeth. I watched THAT ONE NIGHT while I ran 8 miles on the treadmill tonight. I've always ranked Megadeth above Metallica.

--------------------

yawn

SmedHed
VoivodFan
Member # 1041

posted September 04, 2009 16:45     Profile for SmedHed   Email SmedHed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Really both have great bass sound/ production values, streaming sound clips don't do justice to them, especially the Leaves Eyes DVD

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 28, 2009 22:02     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Two new gems, one is already out, the other not. Both great, already in my "best of the year" list:

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 29, 2009 22:08     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gorgoroth - Quantos Possunt Ad Satanitatem Trahunt (Infernus' Reinkaos... fucking excellent)
Immortal - All Shall Fall
Hypocrisy - A Taste of Extreme Divinity
Sacrifice - The Ones I Condemn

What is it with 2009 and all these AWESOME releases comin' from everywhere?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 30, 2009 10:46     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lots of great albums indeed!

The new Hypocrisy was a bit of a letdown for me, but then I only listened to it once. Gotta give it a few more listens. Plus, apparently they still have Horgh on drums.

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 30, 2009 10:52     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's awesome, man! I think this is my favorite Hypocrisy album since the s/t in '99!

But otherwise, yeah, lots of good stuff this year. New CKY was great, new Propagandhi is probably my pick for album of the year, of course Infini was great as well... new Amorphis... new Alice in Chains is surprisingly good, too.

I strongly suggest all of those.

(and the new Immortal cover totally reminds me of Possessed' Beyond The Gates)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 30, 2009 11:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh hell yeah.......new Hypocrisy!!!! Skul is right, Looking forward to November....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i_pefnsqus&feature=player_embedded

The clips on there sound very strong!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 30, 2009 23:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this has been an excellent year for incredible new music. a lot of spinning the new releases by Pearl Jam, Mastodon (still), Porcupine Tree, Megadeth (with the exception of '44 minutes' which could very well be their worst tune ever thanks to the forced lyrics that make it sound like he's trying to sing a police report, i'm really enjoying the cd), Thrice. Should have the new Alice In Chains & Brand New any day now.

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 01, 2009 11:14     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd also like to add that Quantos Possunt Ad Satanitatem Trahunt far surpasses my expectations. I can't wait to hold it in my paws.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 01, 2009 21:43     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Indeed, the new Alice In chains is great as well.

Gonna listen to the new Gorgoroth tonight. Damn, so many new stuff, so little time!

quote:
and the new Immortal cover totally reminds me of Possessed' Beyond The Gates

You're right!

--------------------

SmedHed
VoivodFan
Member # 1041

posted October 05, 2009 18:59     Profile for SmedHed   Email SmedHed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Flowing Tears - Thy Kingdom Gone<<<LINK

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted October 06, 2009 05:00     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
vol #2 out now !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gf-WMFgo6Y

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 21, 2009 17:39     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Emtidi - Saat

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 20, 2009 12:14     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

2010 looks promising!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 21, 2009 11:13     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice...is Mechanize out now?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 21, 2009 19:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just finished watching COC "Live Volume" while running 7 miles on the treadmill... good motivational music. Sweating to the metal

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 21, 2009 19:39     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Just finished watching COC "Live Volume" while running 7 miles on the treadmill... good motivational music. Sweating to the metal

My fatass is gonna have to try this.....if I can uncover all the laundry that's piled on top of it.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 21, 2009 20:08     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Luna:
Nice...is Mechanize out now?

Um... No. I think it will only be out by late February or early March. But, thanks to the wonders of the internet, I'm able to travel through time.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 31, 2009 10:54     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Liste to a LOT of Venom - At war with SAtan these days.

That album shaped me to who I am for a great deal. Every second of that album rocks!!

Drag him to the whores.....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 24, 2010 18:44     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just watched most of the Exodus - Shovel Headed Tour Machine Live At Waken dvd concert. even with this only being recorded in stereo it sounds killer using the 5 channel stereo setting. The band is tight as fuck and Rob Dukes just owns it!!! BRUTAL.
A must have for any real thrasher... or people like me

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 27, 2010 15:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spent most of my day off the other day watching all the extra bonus material on thew Exodus dvd... awesome stuff. I highly suggest picking up this Shovel Headed Tour Machine dvd/cd set... for $24 + shipping, it's well worth it.

Over the last week I've been going through the entire OVERKILL catalog from newest to earliest. Just finished Necroshine on the way home from work so it's time to load the final 5 discs into the cars cds changing. I'm preparing myself for the new IRONBOUND album... can't wait!!!

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan