my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 18)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted March 25, 2004 18:25     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

DAMN Vince, I spin Album Of The Year,& King For A Day, ALL THE TIME..all of FNM releases are great but these 2 are my favs!!!!!

Yeah, I'm weird like that sometimes. I'm a big fan of FNM, but for a long time Angel Dust was my favorite. And right around the time Album of the Year came out, King For a Day was becoming my favorite. And now finally, Album of the Year is right up there. I'm sometimes a little slow.

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 30, 2004 16:18     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Random:

Great Balls Of Fire - Movie soundtrack;
METAL CHURCH - Blessing In Disguise;
RATOS DE PORÃO - Sistemados Pelo Crucifa;
RATOS DE PORÃO - Onisciente Coletivo;
METALLICA - s/t;
REVEREND HORTON HEAT - Space Heater;
HELMET - Betty.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 30, 2004 18:08     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Current playlist:

Opeth - Lamentations (DVD)
Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
Moonspell - Wolfheart
King Diamond & Black Rose - 20 Years Later
Death Angel - The Art of Dying
Fear Factory - Archetype
Rage - Trapped!
Triumph - at the US Festival (DVD)
Hypocrisy - Destroys Wacken (DVDR)
M.O.D. - U.S.A. for M.O.D.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted March 30, 2004 18:55     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Triumph - at the US Festival (DVD)

I was going to post earlier when I was listening to "Fight The Good Fight"....but now: "Velvet Pill" by Stoic Frame

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 02, 2004 20:00     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha ha! "Astronomy Domine" by Pink Floyd.......on the classic rock airwaves!
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted April 03, 2004 01:18     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fear Factory - Archetype
Death Angel - The Art of Dying
Anvil - Forged In Fire
Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned
Soulfly - Prophecy
Berurier Noir - Meme pas mort (DVD)
Motorhead - Stone Deaf Forever (Box Set)
Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 03, 2004 06:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
off to work today with:
Aerosmith - Rocks
Clutch - the elephant riders
ELP - Royal Albert Hall
King Crimson - Live in Mainz 1974
Live - Secrt Samadhi
Pearl Jam - Yeild
Porcupine Tree - Voyage 34
Jo e Striani - The Extremist
Pete Townshend - All the best cowboys have chinese eyes
Voivod - The Outer Limits (this is a great cd, you guys should buy it)
Wrathchild America - 3D

For the drive to work:
Megadeth - Killing is my buisness and buisness is good

--------------------

yawn

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted April 03, 2004 11:34     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Revolting Cocks - Beers, Steers & Queers.
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted April 03, 2004 18:18     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
King's Evil - Deletion Of Humanoise (classic old school thrash from Japan)
http://www1.odn.ne.jp/~cic20100/

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 03, 2004 19:19     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skinny Puppy - Rabies

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 03, 2004 19:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not exactly now but last night at around midnight.....

FANTOMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! live in Athens, GA. Melt Banana opening up for them. Hey, thon, actually made it through this entire show man! YES! I fucking loved'em both. Lombardo is the best....no question about it. He is the heart of that band and really what gives them their unique sound.

Kurze
VoivodFan
Member # 318

posted April 06, 2004 02:08     Profile for Kurze   Email Kurze     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
COLOSSEUM

c le buzz total

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 06, 2004 10:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good music good working.

EXODUS - Another Lesson In Violence;
BLACK SABBATH - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath;
THE ALMIGHTY - Just Add Life;
Ozz-fest Live (1st tour);
ROLLING STONES - Forty Licks;
WHITE ZOMBIE - Astro-creep 2000.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 06, 2004 23:53     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Opeth.

the ENTIRE catalogue!

That fucking Lamentations DVD made me a fan. Dammit.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 07, 2004 00:07     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Opeth.

the ENTIRE catalogue!

That fucking Lamentations DVD made me a fan. Dammit.

Awesome. One of my top bands for sure. I love the Lamentations DVD too. What album are you digging the most so far? Personally I like Blackwater Park the best.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 07, 2004 00:13     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yah, definately Blackwater Park.
Deliverance as well. But all of 'em really. I had heard Orchid years ago but somehow it didnt click (around '95).

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 07, 2004 00:38     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ROTFL. Clever of Opeth to put out a really good, inexpensive DVD, eh? The concert is good, but the making-of documentary is what I keep watching over and over.

Mind you, I was a fan before I bought it. Still Life's my fave.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 07, 2004 06:21     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll have to admit that my favorite OPETH is DAMNATION, because there are no cookie monster vocals, however, the more I listen to the other cds, the less the growling annoys me. ORCHID is the only disc I have yet to buy. The DVD is incredible!!!

Steve Wilson did a great job producing the last 3 albums for them... he really expanded their sound.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 07, 2004 13:23     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THE OBSESSED - s/t, X-D's rip. Grrrrreeeeeeeat!

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 14, 2004 14:35     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm dog-sitting for my mom this week, and this is what I will have to make do with for the duration:

QOTSA - Songs for the Deaf
Butterfly Temple - Dreams of Northern Sea
Voivod - Killing Technology
Voivod - Dimension Hatross (and the demos too)
Opeth - Still Life
Rammstein - Mutter
Tangento's PMS vol. 3 and 4

and whatever dl's I've got on my hard drive...

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 14, 2004 14:49     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today's playlist:

Darkane - Expanding Senses
Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned
Nuclear Assault - Game Over
Voivod - Dimension Hatross Demos

...and currently blasting away is...

Grave Digger - The Reaper
I downloaded this from Metal Party today and I fucking love it! I post at another forum with a shitload of Digger fans and I had been meaning to check them out for awhile. I remember Heavy Metal Breakdown from back in the day and got it from Skul in the Thrash Rips Thread but hadn't heard anything else from them.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 14, 2004 15:12       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The whole VOIVOD line up:
WAR AND PAIN(REMASTERED)
ROAR
KILLING TECHNOLOGY
DIMENSION HATROSS
NOTHINGFACE
ANGELRAT
OUTER LIMITS
NEGATRON
PHOBOS
KRONIK
LIVES
VOIVOD
ANACHRONISM
TO THE DEATH
MORGOTH INVASION

this will probably take me through the rest of the week.

IP: Logged
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 14, 2004 16:23     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YES - Close To The Edge

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 14, 2004 19:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks to the VOIVOD-YES thread...
DIMENSION HATROSS is now spinning

if TV sucks tonight RELAYER is next

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 14, 2004 21:48     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skully's playlist:

Voïvod - Dimension Hatross demos '87 (naturally)
Adrenalin OD - Cruising with Elvis in Bigfoot's UFO
Adrenalin OD - Ishtar
Mercyful Fate - Dont Break The Oath
Les Marmottes Aplaties - Episode Sanglant
Uncle Slam - Say Uncle
Fear Factory - Archetype
Venom - Eine Klein Nachtmusik (in the car)
Helloween - Judas EP

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan