my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 44)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 18, 2008 17:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
getting ready to hit the treadmill with OVERKILL - Wrecking Everything dvd... that should keep me going

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted May 18, 2008 18:07     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Magma Köhntarkösz

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted June 09, 2008 12:34     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
* MOOD *

Fourth Ride of the Doomanoids

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 10, 2008 17:02     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not being nearly as sophisticated as AngelRat and Hatross, I'll stick to Metallica's "Ride The Lightning", just to cheer things up here at job.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 10, 2008 23:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
today @ work:
DBC - Unreleased
Clutch - Slow Hole To China
Cyclone Temple - (forgot the title)
No Mercy - Widespread Bloodshed
Kings X - Best Of
Overkill - collection I made which starts with the 5 "Overkill" themed songs

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 11, 2008 03:49     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The complete and glorious studio discography of The Macc Lads.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 11, 2008 05:03     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No! Sheep! Til Buxton!

--------------------

String em up

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 21, 2008 18:57     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Candlemass - Copernicus.mp3
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 21, 2008 19:12     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
or, as misheard by many...
Cop Her Knickers!

Withered - Folie Circulaire. Very niiiice.

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 23, 2008 23:19     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For the last few days I'm on a steady diet of

SOULFLY - Conquer

It's surprisingly a monster of an album, unlike most of Max's post-Sep catalog. So far I like it much better than Cavalera Conspiracy. "Blood Fire War Hate", the opening tune, is the definitive standout track, thrash/death with David Vincent as special guest.

Looks like ol' Max left nu-metal for good.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 24, 2008 13:14     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with Slay. I gave it a listen and it's surprisingly good! I didn't like Soulfly much in the past because of that whole "Roots" vibe. But this is excellent!
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 26, 2008 21:34     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just giving the new Soulfly a listen, I'm also surprised at how good it is - sounds great so far anyway. Massive improvement!

--------------------

String em up

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 27, 2008 08:37     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Totally agree. I totally disliked the earlier Soulfly stuff. This, however, is a great cd.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 27, 2008 12:13     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been recording a bunch of Judas Priest concerts from Wolfgangs vault, so it's now time to edit them and burn to disc. The 3 disc JP compilation I made for my car's cd changer, just doesn't want to come out, anmd I can't stop listening to it have any desire to change them.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 27, 2008 12:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also recorded the THRICE - MySpace Transmissions performance which is stellar.

--------------------

yawn

HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted July 30, 2008 07:45     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wow this thread is still rollin... im listening to CROWPATH SON OF SULFUR RIGHT NOW
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 30, 2008 17:18     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aah, Spheres is fuckin excellent!
If only the new Pestilence will sound like this. If it ever gets recorded.

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 13, 2008 19:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going to have to check out that Redemption album. The first one didn't do much for my ears. I'd like to hear a new ENGINE album!!!

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 27, 2008 19:05     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dodheimsgard - Supervillain Outcast

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 05, 2008 22:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonutz:
Testament - Demonic.
I kind of dismissed it at first listen. Now I quite appreciate it.

The one where Chuck uses his best death metal growls throughout the entire album and rarely sings. I hated it at first because of this but loved the music, now after many more listens I dig it and just think it's brutal as fuck. I really like the way Chck uses his growl and regular voice throughout his carreer, this one really threw me at first because of the 98% growling.

think I'll pop in the cars player on the way to my girlfrien's house tonight!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 13, 2008 19:24     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Demonic is a good one, prefer The Gathering for 90's Testament.

NP: new Roots Manuva record

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 15, 2008 12:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I play Testament's LOW and GATHERING more than any of their other releases, with LIVE IN LONDON and LIVE AT THE FILLMORE runnin in second.

NP: Jeff Ament - Tone (interesting so far)

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 18, 2008 10:23     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lately....

Metallica - Death Magnetic (Guitar Hero III mix... this should've been the CD version)
Gojira - The Way of All Flesh
Jesu - Why Are We Not Perfect EP
Enslaved - Vertebrae
Helheim - Kaoskult
T.K.O. - Let it Roll
Breaking Benjamin - Phobia
Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 25, 2008 13:30     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cynic - Traced in Air. Quality.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 25, 2008 17:09     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't wait to get my hands on the new Enslaved album. Heard one new song on their myspace(this is one of only a few bands who I can't listen to before the actual album comes out and I can blast it properly in my stereo)and was floored. The new Cynic should be excellent too. I'm more impressed with their current lineup than before. One new band that has totally peaked my interest in Ansur from Norway. Hex I think these guys would be right up your alley. Very cool output from very young players.
And uh...right now I'm listening to my g/f's cat yell....how enjoyable..........

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan