my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 21)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted May 28, 2004 05:51     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy - Hypocrisy is the greatest Luxury
Plasmatics
Black Bomb A
Anata
E-Force

|  IP: Logged
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted May 28, 2004 06:25     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
today's setlist:
Samael - Live at Rotonde Festival 5/22/04
Mayhem - Chimera (NP)
Therion - Sirius B
Finntroll - Nattfödd
Sacramentum - Far Away From the Sun

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 28, 2004 11:58     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
Guess what?

next in playlist: 5th.

Cool, that's my favourite!

Tcham-tcham-tcham-tchaaaaaaaaaaam!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 28, 2004 13:29       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Probot

..and waiting for the Probot tour!

IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 28, 2004 14:35     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
Guess what?

next in playlist: 5th.

I guess #6 is next! Number 6 (the Pastoral)is my favorite, it makes me feel like running in a field of flowers like a sissy! Great saturday morning music!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 30, 2004 22:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
neutrino was playing:
The disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy - Hypocrisy is the greatest Luxury

GODDAMN increble cd, and I thought I was the only one on this message board cool enough to dig this disc!!!

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 31, 2004 00:04     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BumËggs:

They're actively touring again these days,
did you know?
They'll be in London soon, I must get tickets!

Thanks for the info, I had no idea. So Hell is back I presume? He went on to the Voidoids (haha) after Television split.

Now playing: Entombed - Left Hand Path (album)

--------------------

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 31, 2004 00:11     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Brahms. 3rd

--------------------

http://bbs.anus.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001471

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted May 31, 2004 04:29     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Carcass - Choice Cuts
Carcass DVD
Ween Live in Chicago - DVD and CD
Discordance Axis - Original Sound Version 92-95

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 31, 2004 08:09     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guidon:
Ween Live in Chicago - DVD and CD

How is it? How is it? I wanna buy it, is it worth it?

And what's on the Carcass dvd?

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted June 01, 2004 18:34     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Suicidal Tendencies 'Trip at the Brain'
-the perfect pump-me-up song.

Soundgarden '4th of July'
-what an awesome depth and crunch to the guitar sound! wicked mood song.

Men Without Hats 'Sideways'
-this is a fun little pop song. Away drums on this album doesn't he? Anybody have this album, is it worth buying?

--------------------

We're Not Alone, Welcome Aboard

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 02, 2004 17:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear delusion:
Television - Marquee Moon (CD)

I love Television! I wonder if they'll be touring in the states. I would love to see Tom Verlain play live. Not listening to music at the moment...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 03, 2004 06:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
going to work with me:
ac/dc - highway to hell

tori amos - little earthquakes

anthrax - music of mass destruction

budgie - bandolier

circle II circle - watching in silence

dark star - twenty twenty sound

death angel - the art of dying

deep purple - purpendicular

bruce dickinson - skunkworks

faith no more - this is it the best of...

last crack - downloaded demos and live songs

--------------------

yawn

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 03, 2004 09:05     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Witchcraft - Witchcraft.

If you like it old, get this record. Not only sounds like it was recorded decades ago, it also sounds like it was written decades ago. Puts all other 'retro' bands to shame. Pentagram meets Sabbath! Doom on!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 03, 2004 11:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ecletic work playlist:

RUSH - Fly By Night;
RUSH - A Farewell To Kings;
HELLOWEEN - Keeper Of The Seven Keys Pt. 2;
VITAL REMAINS - Dechristianize;
THE BEATLES - Let It Be... Naked;
NIRVANA - Nevermind;

And the always gay-ass :
STRATOVARIUS - Elements Pt. 1.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 04, 2004 04:05     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The playlist for last night included:

Skyclad - Folkemon
Skyclad - Prince Of The Poverty Line
Borknagar - Epic
Finntroll - Nattfodd
Finntroll - Jaktens Tid
Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky
1349 - Beyond The Apocalypse
Vehemence - Helping The World To See

and some MP3s of Mithras, Arsis, Moonsorrow and so now I have to go and buy their albums! Fucking awesome! Special thanks to Lycanthropy for the Mithras recommendation.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 04, 2004 06:10     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
right now...
Mercyful Fate - Live in Ulicoten, Hol 9/25/82
next?
Scorpions - World Wide Live

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted June 04, 2004 08:28     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My list for today:

S.O.D. - Speak English Or DIEEEE!
BOLT THROWER - The IVth Crusade
MUSE - Absolution
YO LA TENGO - Painful (Thank you, Mez)
FRUSCIANTE - Niandra LaDes and Usually Just A T-Shirt (bad production, bad singing, but nice)
PUNGENT STENCH - Club Mondo Bizarre (back to METAL!)

A question to all, who plays their stuff like Schroeder and Slaỹtanic during work time: Can you concentrate, when you listen to music in you mother tongue?
I can't. Tried once to play Rammstein in the background. Had to change it after the first track.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 04, 2004 08:57     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
A question to all, who plays their stuff like Schroeder and Slaỹtanic during work time: Can you concentrate, when you listen to music in you mother tongue?
I can't. Tried once to play Rammstein in the background. Had to change it after the first track.

Right, happens to me too. I can't work with french music in the background, coz I get caught in the lyrics and all. I usually put some french sing-along music in the car for the long roads (especially Renaud, the french singer-songwriter, fun sing-along!).

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted June 04, 2004 09:09     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't concentrate either when playing french speaking stuff. And also I had to switch to Brazilian, Finnish or Japanese-speaking music when working on english material...

np: Trouble, Hawaii (cool!), Martyr, Kreator, Electric Wizard
and oh yeah some Pungent Stench !!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 04, 2004 09:52     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:

Did you notice I barely bring Ratos de Porão to work?

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 08, 2004 10:14     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Special all-vinyl playlist:

1. KISS - Creatures of the Night
2. Voivod - Lost Machine / Jack Luminous 12"
3. Slayer - Hell Awaits
4. Savatage - Hall of The Mountain King
5. King Diamond - Them
6. Exorcist - Nightmare Theatre
7. Stevie Ray Vaughan - Could'nt Stand The Weather
8. D.R.I. - Dealing With It
9. Kruiz - Kruiz-1
10. Venom - Black Metal

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 08, 2004 16:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have no problem concentrating when I play the music I love at work. In fact, it makes me work better, and I get a lot more done because it keeps me alive. It really helps pass a 15+ hour work day. If I had to listen to the radio or music I hate, or mellow crap... I'd pass out.

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 08, 2004 18:45     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My shifts at work are 11 hours long, so I need to hear my music otherwise I get bitchy. I cannot stand the radio and refuse to let it be played during my shifts. CDs only. Radio hurts my concentration.

The people I work with all listen to crap, but a couple of them are cool enough to tolerate my tunes, and I put up with theirs.
Except the radio. That's not gonna happen.

Unfortunately we share our space with our Hotline department, so we can't crank it up until they go home at 2am. We goota keep the volume down. Since I'm there 'til 6am most nights, I keep the other bastards awake with good Metal.

Tonight I'm bringing these puppies along:

Disillusion - Back To Times Of Splendor
Into Eternity - Dead Or Dreaming
Rage - Unity
Iced Earth - Days Of Purgatory
Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer
Finntroll - Natfodd
Ensiferum - Iron
The Haunted - One Kill Wonder
Darkane - Expanding Senses
Skyclad - Folkemon
Slayer - South Of Heaven
Children Of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll
Demons And Wizards - S/T
Mors Principium Est - Inhumanity
Vehemence - Helping The World To See
Probot - S/T
Borknagar - Epic
Running Wild - The Brotherhood
Joe Satriani - Sufing With The Alien
Voivod - Dimension Hatross
In Flames - Soundtrack To Your Escape

Depending on my mood, we'll see what gets played.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 08, 2004 19:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NUC, if that list of cds doesn't keep them awake, you might as well call the hearse to take away their bodies

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan