my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 16)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 29, 2004 17:19     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
Front Line fuckin' Assembly - Caustic fuckin' Grip. Argghh!

lemme help ya with that hex... itll be

FrontFuckinLine Assembly \m/

|  IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 29, 2004 17:24     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
n/p: VoiVod -les cigares volants
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted January 31, 2004 20:23     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spirit Caravan - Elusive truth
Great band

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 01, 2004 14:37     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Recently:

Morbid Angel - Domination, Formulas Fatal to the Flesh
Mastodon - Remission
High on Fire - Surrounded by Thieves
Probot
Voivod - Killing Technology

Not a good month for me, but some quality music always makes me feel better.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 01, 2004 15:44     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Borknagar - Quintessence

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Voïronthrax
VoivodFan
Member # 403

posted February 01, 2004 15:48     Profile for Voïronthrax   Email Voïronthrax     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now digging out the Testament records for a bit of a marathon through the back catalogue, my friend just rang to tell me we have (finally) got tickets to see 'em, YEEEAAHHH!!! (hope they don't cancel again!)
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 01, 2004 17:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW TESTAMENT is playing again.
Any word on a new album coming out?

--------------------

yawn

Voïronthrax
VoivodFan
Member # 403

posted February 01, 2004 17:48     Profile for Voïronthrax   Email Voïronthrax     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Testament gig is rescheduled from sometime last year (and it is not until the end of June anyway!) so maybe there is no new album until after that?
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 01, 2004 17:54     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just finished Enslaved - Below the Lights
np: Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory

been buying all these albums...bout time I listened to a few of them

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 03, 2004 10:48     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Work:

IRON MAIDEN - 7th Son double CD;
ROLLING STONES - 40 Licks;
REV. HORTON HEAT - It's Martini Time;
THE CULT - Love;
THE BEATLES - Yellow Submarine Soundtrack;
VADER - Revelations.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted February 03, 2004 11:37     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today:

Las Cruces - Ringmaster
Possessed - Beyond The Gates
Mercy - Witchburner
Mammoth Volume - A Single Book Of Songs...

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 05, 2004 16:04     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vote With A Bullet - Corrosion.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 06, 2004 10:40     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lazy work:

QUEEN - A Night At The Opera;
FRONT 242 - Tyranny For You;
THE CRAMPS - Stay Sick;
SMASHING PUMPKINS - Machina/The Machines Of God;
MANOWAR - Warriors Of The World;
LOCKUP - Hate Breeds Suffering.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 06, 2004 11:04     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic :
SMASHING PUMPKINS - Machina/The Machines Of God;

I recently REdiscovered that album. I'm a SP fan, yet this one didn't get much spins when it came out. It actually grew on me, and I think it's pretty good Pumkin.

Plus, it gets the award of the craziest fucking guitar distortion ever recorded, for "Everlasting Gaze". Oh, and "Heavy Metal Machine" rules, because it could have been written by Priest!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 06, 2004 11:58     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, I also love this album, it's actually the second best SP album in my particular rating, Mellon Collie being the winner. It's great for the tracks you've mentioned, plus "Raindrops + Sunshowers" and "Stand Inside Your Love".

--------------------

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted February 08, 2004 14:28     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mithras - Forever Advancing... Legions
(brutal but pretty good stuff, indeed!)
www.mithras.org.uk

Thergothon - Streams From The Heavens
Holy shit, that's agonizingly slow! Undead vocals... reminds me of Demilich (hey they're from Finland too)

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted February 08, 2004 15:57     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
FRONT 242 - Tyranny For You;

Damn, I haven't listened to that in ages. Classic album. Have to dig that one up.

pendar
VoivodFan
Member # 409

posted February 08, 2004 22:10     Profile for pendar   Email pendar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape

Interesting.

You are right, Sigh is an interesting band
listening to Sacrifice - Torment in fire(on vinyl!)
Rush - test for echo tour rehearsals
Helloween - Walls of Jericho
Agnostic Front - live at cbgb's
Disciples of Power - Trust in the Dust
Voivod - Outer Limits
If anyone is interested Disciples of Power have broken up, shame - the new album is stunning!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 09, 2004 14:07     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Work:

GRAND FUNK RAILROAD - The Best Of (a boot, aparently);
DEEP PURPLE - House Of Blue Light;
EXHORDER - Slaughter In The Vatican;
EXHORDER - The Law;
MÖTLEY CRÜE - Mötley Crüe;
CHUCK BERRY - Hail Hail Rock'n'Roll.

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 09, 2004 14:25     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Recently:

Decapitated - Nihility
Krisiun - Works of Carnage
Hate Eternal - King Of All Kings
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Death - Human

Rawr.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 20, 2004 23:24     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today at work I played nothing...just listened to various machines humming. Somebody mentioned a Ricky Martin song, and the chorus was stuck in my head the rest of the day. Bastard. I'm fighting Ricky with the following playlist:

Borknagar - Quintessence (just finished)
Voivod - Killing Technology (np)
Butterfly Temple - Dreams of Northern Sea
Mekong Delta - Music of Erich Zahn
Blue Oyster Cult - Cultosaurus Erectus

Ricky should die any minute now, right?

--------------------

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted February 22, 2004 17:42     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fear Factory - Archetype (advance copy)

Interesting stuff here. Forget it this is not a "Demanufacture" come back. Just a real good FF release. Great riffs again, double bass drum avalanche as usual.
The best track is "cyberwaste" the most brutal of the whole album.
Disappointing fact: NO solo at all + the Burton's clear and somewhat nu-metal vocal style on many tracks completely irritate me.

On the album version I own, there's a cover of "School" on it. No, no, no...not the Supertramp one but the one of Nirvana from "Bleach". This is what I called "Thrashing grunge"...

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 01, 2004 13:21     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hard-rocking work:

RUSH - Hold Your Fire;
LIVING COLOUR - Pride;
TYPE O NEGATIVE - Bloody Kisses;
THE CULT - Sonic Temple;
Twisted Forever (Twisted Sistah tribute);
FORÇA MACABRA - Histeria (Edição Brasileira).

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 01, 2004 14:25     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Hard-rocking work:

RUSH - Hold Your Fire;
LIVING COLOUR - Pride;
TYPE O NEGATIVE - Bloody Kisses;
THE CULT - Sonic Temple;
Twisted Forever (Twisted Sistah tribute);
FORÇA MACABRA - Histeria (Edição Brasileira).

Slay! You always got those great setlists for your work. I wish I could bring music to my work!

However, there's always a lack of:

\m/ RICHARD FUCKING MARX \M/

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 02, 2004 10:00     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Malaodorrrooeaoiegatron:
Slay! You always got those great setlists for your work. I wish I could bring music to my work!

Errm, what can I say, it's good to be the King?

quote:
Originally posted by ugly ass:
However, there's always a lack of:

\m/ RICHARD FUCKING MARX \m/

Damn, I'm out of smart-ass comments...

Oh, and BTW...

Production, production!

ALEISTER C. - Struggle For Life;
DEF LEPPARD - Pyromania;
DESTRUCTION - Alive Devastation;
D.R.I. - Definition;
D.R.I. - Full Speed Ahead;
EXCITER - Heavy Metal Maniac;
EXCITER - Violence And Force;
EXCITER - Long Live The Loud;
KING DIAMOND - Fatal Portrait;
U.D.O. - Animal House.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan