my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 48)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 27, 2010 18:46     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After seeing Martin Mendez wearing Katatonia t-shirts in every damn photo for years, I finally checked them out and have been listening to their entire catalog on Spotify pretty much constantly for the last couple weeks.

I've also had a strange obsession with the Bloodbath Wacken Carnage DVD, which I have watched 5 times in the last week. In my opinion the live tracks are way better than the studio versions.

But now I'm taking a break from all that and listening to Blue Oyster Cult.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 28, 2010 12:50     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Meg. I heart Katatonia. I keep hoping and hoping they get added to Wacken. Not sure they are coming to the US for Night is the New Day. I love that new release bunches.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 28, 2010 13:19     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Hey Meg. I heart Katatonia. I keep hoping and hoping they get added to Wacken. Not sure they are coming to the US for Night is the New Day. I love that new release bunches.

I haven't been able to give the new release a good listen yet, it's the only one not up on Spotify and I only have actual copies of Viva Emptiness and the Great Cold Distance. It's on my neverending list though. I've been hoping and hoping that they might get added to Wacken too. That would rock.

I'm pretty confident they will tour the US though. I gather from interviews that they were pleased with their two tours there last time and have every intention of doing at least two runs this time, either as a support or headlining. Just nothing confirmed yet.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 07, 2010 10:20     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmmmmmm...........

McCoy Tyner - Enlightenment

Frank Zappa bootlegs....

Kopernik - Through the Red Frame

and more Zappa bootlegs.........

My iphone has enabled me to listen to mp3's in my car....which is quite a glorious experience.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 11, 2010 08:19     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My latest obsession:

Terrific, in that same "Hangman" vein, but much more chaotic.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 11, 2010 14:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OVERKILL - Ironbound (so far, so brutal... I'm lovin' it)

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 27, 2010 14:28     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Priest. Painkiller. Metal.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted June 27, 2010 14:47     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
carnivorous obsession - DEMOLITION HAMMER
xseoer
unregistered

posted June 28, 2010 02:41       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx
Looking forward to hearing more...

IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 28, 2010 11:43     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hooked on Ulcerate's Everything Is Fire

Title track

Epic & eery stuff!

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 28, 2010 18:29     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last Entertainment

Let's see if these guys will bring something new to the table soon...2011 maybe?

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 19, 2010 04:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just got through a 3 day DIO career-spanning binge. Here's how I would break it all down:

Friday night
Rainbow - Rainbow, Rising, Long live Rock n Roll
Dio - Dream On (Aerosmith cover)
Dio - Hide in the Rainbow (from 'Diamonds')
Saturday morning
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules
Saturday afternoon
Dio - Holy Diver, The Last in Line, Sacred Heart
Dio - Dream Evil, Lock up the Wolves
Saturday evening
Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer
Dio - Strange Highways, Angry Machines
Saturday night
Dio - Killing the Dragon, Master of the Moon
Elf - Elf, Carolina County Ball, Trying to Burn the Sun
Sunday morning
Dio - Magica
Black Sabbath - 3 new songs from 'The Dio Years'
Heaven and Hell - The Devil you Know
Dio - Electra single
Sunday afternoon
Ronnie and the Red Caps, Ronnie and the Prophets, Electric Elves, Elves - various rips of vinyl 7"s and live boots
Sunday evening
Heaven and Hell - Radio City Music Hall DVD

RIP RJD

--------------------

Mächina
VoivodFan
Member # 1095

posted July 21, 2010 00:53     Profile for Mächina   Email Mächina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
King Diamond - Arrival

--------------------

Turn on the machine!!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 21, 2010 21:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LONG LIVE DIO
Now that's a tribute weekend. I ran through most of his Elf, Rainbow, Sabbath, solo, Butterfly Ball tracks the week after he left us, but you were much more thorough.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 22, 2010 06:14     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KREATOR - PLEASURE TO KILL

my god what an album that is...
Hadn't heard it in ages, now I have the original CD and it rocks continuously.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted July 26, 2010 15:23     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Corrosion Of Conformity - Animosity
BECAUSE
on Thursday, October 7th / Doors 7:00PM
@ Starland Ballroom Sayerville NJ

COC feat Woodroe, Mike & Reed
An all-ages to enter, 21 to drink event.
$20 advance, $25 day of show + applicable surcharges

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 27, 2010 01:09     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today?

VOÏVOD - Nothingface, Dimension Hatröss, Angel Rat and Outer Limits.

Why?

Because I went to São Paulo to buy my ticket for the upcoming concert.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 29, 2010 17:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
COC is back together!!!!!!!!!!!
Any word on a new album? I need to research this!!!

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted July 29, 2010 17:58     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
COC is back together!!!!!!!!!!!
Any word on a new album? I need to research this!!!

http://www.coc.com/

and there is already new material.

The classic original 3 piece of Woodroe,
Mike, and Reed will be touring and
performing songs from Animosity,
Technocracy, and some NEW stuff!
More dates soon.

July
07/30/10 Asheville, NC @ Stella Blue
07/31/10 Raleigh NC @ The Pour House

August
08/08/2010 Los Angeles, CA @ Echo and
Echoplex -The Power of the Riff Fest
08/10/2010 San Francisco, CA @ DNA Lounge
08/12/2010 Seattle, WA @ Neumo's
08/13/2010 Austin, TX @ Emo's
08/14/2010 Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater

October
10/07/2010 Sayerville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
10/08/2010 Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest
(Double Door)
10/10/2010 New York, NY @ Highline Ballroom

07/06/10 New 7" Single to be released.

The trio of Woodroe, Mike, and Reed have recorded a new seven-inch single, “Your Tomorrow (Parts 1 and 2),” which will be available at all upcoming tour dates and via Southern Lord’s website.

Oh and Triptykon is playing NYC on the 6th.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 30, 2010 10:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Today?

VOÏVOD - Nothingface, Dimension Hatröss, Angel Rat and Outer Limits.

Why?

Because I went to São Paulo to buy my ticket for the upcoming concert.

That is rad Slay...I'm ecstatic that Voivod are able to make it out to your neck of the woods as well as that Butthole of the World (haha!)...Chile.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 02, 2010 00:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
COOL Reed's back in COC!!!!
So it sounds like they are going all the way back to their hardcore roots... not sure if I'm really thrilled with that since I relly got turned on to them when they did BLIND... and everything after has been mindblowing. I dig the first couple albums but as with most hardcore it gets to be limited; hence the reason the found a new groove.
Either way, I'm stoked that their back together and will definitely check out those new songs.
thanks for the info

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 07, 2010 11:56     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I always thought this is the best WASP album. Okay, it's not that the others are all timeless masterpieces, but stil...

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 09, 2010 16:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://stereogum.com/502372/salome-master-failure/franchises/haunting-the-chapel/
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 20, 2010 11:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Terrific, as always. Top contender for best of the year.

--------------------

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted September 20, 2010 23:34     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

my favorite (or maybe 2nd favorite) NMA album...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan