my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 37)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted March 27, 2006 02:31     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Gathering -Nighttime Birds

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 27, 2006 11:13     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mostly new shit...

The Gathering - Accessories (double disc compilation of b-sides/demos from '96 thru 9
Voivod - The X-steam (over and over)
Sodom - Sodom (incredible!)
Celtic Frost - Monotheist (brutally dark as fuck!)
Amorphis - Eclipse (simply amazing... their best since Elegy)
Mononc' Serge - Serge Blanc d'Amérique
Kreator - Outcast
Dead Kennedies - Give Me Convenience...
Theatre Of Tragedy - Aégis
Ministry - Rio Grande Blood

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 27, 2006 11:35     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Voivod - The X-steam (over and over)

Just heard it twice but have it playing in my head all the time. Catchiness in a bottle!

It has a bit of a Symptom of the Universe thing going, don't you think?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 27, 2006 17:18     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
you obviously are not aware of SLAYTANIC and his connections. He usually has every cool new release months before anyone even knows the band is releasing something. Hell, he probably gets things before the band even records them

Most of the advanced releases I get are crappy or bleepy, though.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 27, 2006 17:20     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just for the record, the new Sepultura sucks.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 28, 2006 06:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the warning

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 08, 2006 11:59     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Survivor - I can't Hold Back

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 10, 2006 12:58     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OPETH - Benighted.

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 10, 2006 17:30     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aphrodite's Child - 666

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Forlorn
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 784

posted April 10, 2006 18:14     Profile for Forlorn   Email Forlorn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ziua ce vine - L.O.S.T. This is a Romanian band; found them on MySpace and was blown away. Now I have to tell everyone about them! Figured this was as good a first post as any...

--------------------

'Literature takes its revenge on reality by making it the slave of fiction.'
--Simone de Beauvoir

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 10, 2006 18:32     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CF-Monotheist.
New and improved without beeps. Oy!

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted April 18, 2006 21:06     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Monotheist - CELTIC FROST

- just received, early this afternoon,
a promo copy!

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 30, 2006 18:44     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Love is in the Air - John Paul Young
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 30, 2006 22:17     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance.

It's an insanely strong and profound album... just like Amorphis 'Eclipse' and Celtic Frost 'Monotheist' or Opeth 'Ghost Reveries'.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 01, 2006 07:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OSI - Free (great album)

--------------------

yawn

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted May 01, 2006 09:29     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ROZZ WILLIAMS - Accept The Gift Of Sin

Rozz forever

--------------------

What the...?

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 01, 2006 12:19     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Master Manipulator - The Hellworms
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 01, 2006 12:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just finished watching AN ARSENAL OF MEGADETH dvd which was excellent, but I was bummed about the editting of bad words and not sure if it's my copy that I got from Walmart or if that's the way all of the dvds are because they were edited in the original segements. I still think SKIN OF MY TEETH is one of the best videos created... brilliant.

ALSO JUST WATCHED:
Metallica - Classic Albums "Metallica aka The Black Album". Great in depth interviews and ideas about the creating of the album and cool demos and insight

NOW WATCHING:
Pink Floyd - Classic Albums "Dark Side Of The Moon" Great so far but needed a break

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 01, 2006 13:32     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
just finished watching AN ARSENAL OF MEGADETH dvd which was excellent, but I was bummed about the editting of bad words and not sure if it's my copy that I got from Walmart or if that's the way all of the dvds are because they were edited in the original segements. I still think SKIN OF MY TEETH is one of the best videos created... brilliant.

Youre absolutely right... the editing totally sucks.... especially in Reckoning Day, where it's most annoying ("and all the reasons i give you to -silence-"... bah!) They're all like that, apparently.

The good stuff outweights the bad, thankfully... but it's a little sad that there's a few missing videos (Angry Again and 99 Ways to Die being the most obvious ommissions)... and the fact that the whole thing is under three hours, yet spread onto 2 discs.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 01, 2006 14:18     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MESHUGGAH - CHAOSPHERE

Can you listen to that whole album in one piece? After 20 minutes i can't takeit nomore...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 01, 2006 14:51       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just a few awesome tunes i got from that Torrent site.

Tomahawk-Tomahawk
Municipal Waste-Waste E.P.
Riot-Rock city

IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 05, 2006 16:55       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
new Tool
IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 05, 2006 22:49     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
MESHUGGAH - CHAOSPHERE

Can you listen to that whole album in one piece? After 20 minutes i can't takeit nomore...

Heh, a friend of mine has it, and I borrowed it several times. Never got to the third song.

--------------------

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted May 05, 2006 22:56     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Candlemass - Ancient Dreams

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 13, 2006 23:12     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1 and one still equals 2oo -Pro Tools

she's a muslim {Pakistani Prime} -Cakewalk Home Studio

been 4 months now, thats fucking amazing -Fruity Loops & Vegas Pro

shit ! the one before the philipino was a jew ! -Guitar Pro

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan