my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 43)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 03, 2008 17:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, MEZ, I run on a treadmill and watch dvd concerts while the miles click by. I hooked up a stereo, dvd player, and a PC monitor out in my garage/excersize room. Running in one place for 5 - 10 miles can get pretty boring, so watching concerts is a great way to pass the miles. Thrash or power metal usually works best because of the fast pace of the music. The best run I had was while watching a Judas Priest concert... although I skipped "Turblo Lover" Gotta do something to stay in shape... metabolism ain't what it used to be when I was young.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 04, 2008 10:30     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Yes, MEZ, I run on a treadmill and watch dvd concerts while the miles click by. I hooked up a stereo, dvd player, and a PC monitor out in my garage/excersize room. Running in one place for 5 - 10 miles can get pretty boring, so watching concerts is a great way to pass the miles. Thrash or power metal usually works best because of the fast pace of the music. The best run I had was while watching a Judas Priest concert... although I skipped "Turblo Lover" Gotta do something to stay in shape... metabolism ain't what it used to be when I was young.

Ha! That rules schroeder.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 04, 2008 19:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
60 minutes on the treadmill while watching Bruce Dickinson "Scream For Me Brazil" from the Anthology dvd.

Now it's time to drive and get some FOOD!!! while speeding down the road with the CROMAGS

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 05, 2008 02:28     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I miss working out, but I know for a fact that I log at least 2 or 3 miles a day just walking at work.

NP: First 4 Megadeth albums, the remastered versions

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 05, 2008 12:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IRON MAIDEN - LIVE AFTER DEATH DVD is going to be blasting in my livingroom in a few minutes.

--------------------

yawn

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted February 05, 2008 15:24     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Earth - Ouroboros Is Broken, from Hibernaculum.
Slow and cooler than most

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 05, 2008 17:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new awesome Brain Drill album, courtesy of my compadre the Vroommeister!
www.myspace.com/braindrill

Check this sick fucker out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6z6aRuMjvA

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 05, 2008 18:34     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted.

I'm echoing Slaytanic's reaction.
Just... wow!

I was half-expecting Roots/Soulfly sorta stuff but this is much more hardcore. Kinda like, a mix of Arise-speed and Chaos A.D.-fatness, or something. I dunno. Who cares, it's awesome.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted February 05, 2008 22:22     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted.

I'm echoing Slaytanic's reaction.
Just... wow!

I was half-expecting Roots/Soulfly sorta stuff but this is much more hardcore. Kinda like, a mix of Arise-speed and Chaos A.D.-fatness, or something. I dunno. Who cares, it's awesome.

Arise speed ey?
Gotta follow that up then

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted February 06, 2008 20:05     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meshuggah - obZen
cant stop listening to this again and again.

oh yeah and some trance & electronic shits

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 07, 2008 06:24     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nunoPT:
Meshuggah - obZen
cant stop listening to this again and again.

oh yeah and some trance & electronic shits

Oh Yeah, 15 times in a row. What do you love the most? i'd go for song 1 and 3 at the moment....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted February 08, 2008 07:00     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Oh Yeah, 15 times in a row. What do you love the most? i'd go for song 1 and 3 at the moment....

song 2,4 and maybe 6 and 8 voivodish sound here and there.
3 is my fav so far typical Meshuggah at their best.
The all album is excelent.
If this had been released last year it would have been difinitely in my top list for album of the year, since last year i cant remember anything this good or good at all maybe boring (Blotted Science,Exodus... p ex).
Just an opinion.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 18, 2008 22:48     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MINISTRY AND CO-CONSPIRATORS - Cover Up

Sweeeeeeeet!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 28, 2008 19:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
is that a new MINISTRY album, Slaytanic? I gotta check that out.

Todays theme was "the newest from the old school" (i kept it to studio releases no live stuff):
Death Angel - Killing Season

Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibition exhibit A

Kreator - Enemy of God

Megadeth - United Abominations

Motorhead - Kiss Of Death

Overkill - Immortalis

Testament - The Gathering (i can't fuckin
wait for the new one)

Trouble - Plastic Green Head (awaiting Simple Mind Condition to get a domestic release... $40 for the import isn't going to happen)

Voivod - Katorz

it was a good day for music

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 28, 2008 21:50     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
is that a new MINISTRY album, Slaytanic? I gotta check that out.

Yes, Schroeder, it's the new (and last, unfortunately) Ministry album, which will be released by the end of March, I think. Highlights include the Stones' "Under My Thumb", Purple's "Space Truckin'" (great vocal performance by Tommy Victor!), T-Rex's "Bang a Gong" and Golden Earing's "Radar Love". It also has the previously released versions of "Roadhouse blues", "Supernaut" and "Lay Lady Lay".

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 29, 2008 16:48     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NILE - Ithyphallic.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 29, 2008 17:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the info Slaytanic, I'll definitley pick it up when it hits the stores.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 02, 2008 10:16     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I've been listening to this monster of an album almost constantly for the last week. I'd owned it for a long time but never really paid much attention to it until recently....What an all time classic! One thing that really sticks out for me on this one is the drumming of Pete Sandoval. I absolutely love his playing on here. The sound is so huge...like an elephant galloping through a cathedral.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 06, 2008 14:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

So pure...
So cold...

TRANSILVANIAN HUNGAAAAAAAH!!!!

--------------------

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted March 07, 2008 22:03     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
broke out the vinyl,

Agnostic Front - Victim in Pain
Possessed - Seven Churches
Cryptic Slaughter - Money Talks
Mercyful Fate - Melissa

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 09, 2008 17:41     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Wolves In The Throne Room Two Hunters

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 09, 2008 17:43     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meshuggah - Combustion, from Obzen.
Insane riffs! Ohlala

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 15, 2008 00:11     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MESHUGGAH - obZen

Killer!

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 16, 2008 11:19     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meshuggah, Straws pulled at random, from Nothing.
3 minutes in, and then Fredriks very shy little solo. Doesn't get better than that

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

gothmog665
VoivodFan
Member # 439

posted May 17, 2008 13:02     Profile for gothmog665   Email gothmog665     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Project:Failing Flesh first album

and : Blasphemies - On the use of Force

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan