my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 40)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 21, 2006 17:21     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No matter what band name ya put on it, THE X FACTOR is still a piece of crap in my ear, because the singing of Blaze is enough to make me what to stop listening to it. I gave it an honest try and had it cranked up the entire 45 minutes of driving to work, and was so thankful when I arrived and was able to turn the car off. The guy just can't sing. It will remain in my collection but never get played again.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted November 21, 2006 17:50     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SAHG -SAHG 1
SEPULTURA -BLOOD ROOTED
HELLOWEEN -WALLS OF JERICO (Extra cheese edition)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 29, 2006 23:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today at work I did the "Same Band Different Singer" theme, and listened to these:
AGENT STEEL - skeptics apocalypse & omega conspiracy

ANTHRAX - Persistance of time & sound of white noise

BLACK SABBATH - sabotage & mob rules

EXODUS - bonded by blood & pleasures of the flesh

FATES WARNING - night on brocken & disconected

tomorrow the journey will continue...

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 30, 2006 08:29     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Today at work I did the "Same Band Different Singer" theme, and listened to these:
AGENT STEEL - skeptics apocalypse & omega conspiracy

ANTHRAX - Persistance of time & sound of white noise

BLACK SABBATH - sabotage & mob rules

EXODUS - bonded by blood & pleasures of the flesh

FATES WARNING - night on brocken & disconected

tomorrow the journey will continue...

Now here's a good one for you:

"Killers" & "Number of the Beast"*

Or if you're game:

"Iron Maiden" & "X-Factor"

You could even make the No-Bruce Club listening party!

* On a side note, I always wondered what a third Di'Anno album would have sounded like. A missing link between "Killers" and "Number"... I think it would have been called "Beasts", and would have been a faster, meaner, thrashier version of "Number of the Beast", with Di'Anno screaming YEAH-HEAH in every song!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 30, 2006 17:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
continuing the same band different singer theme at work today:
BLACK SABBATH - etertnal idol & born again

IRON MAIDEN - killers & 7th son of a 7th son

KING CRIMSON - red & beat

METAL CHURCH - the dark & the human factor

MORDRED - fools game & the next room

VOIVOD - killing technology & kronik

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 12, 2006 23:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For tomorrow at work, I call this theme alphaMETAcal:
Alice In Chains - nothing safe
Budgie - in for the kill
Corrosion of Conformity - wiseblood
Death Angel - frolic in the park
End Of Level Boss - prologue
Faith No More - king for a day...
Gillan - double trouble
Helstar - remnants of war
Iron Maiden - a matter of life and death
Judas Priest - stained class
Kiss - rock and roll over
Ludachrist - powertrip
Megadeth - killing is my buisness...

(i'll work my way through the alphabet listening to one band for each letter... fuck, do i have a pathetic life or what )

--------------------

yawn

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted December 13, 2006 05:40     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
i'll work my way through the alphabet listening

So do I, when I listen to Morbid Angel.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 21, 2006 06:07     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Doomsday news part 3.

Coroner - read my Scars, Absorbed, Masked Jackal

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted January 03, 2007 17:00     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Clearlight Symphony
Clearlight

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 18, 2007 18:36     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MAYHEM - Ordo Ad Chao

The production on this one is just plain horrible... Errrm, raw, grim and frostbitten. To the point that I still can't decide whether this is a new masterpiece or a new pile of fukkin' shit.

MANOWAR - Gods of War

The album is good, but I'm still mad at their decision of making the whole booklet in those gaelic types.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 18, 2007 18:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My workday was blating with:
Iron Maiden - a matter of life and death
Thomas Dolby - aliens ate my buick
Live - Awake: the best of
Queensryche - greatest hits
Black Sabbath - the Dio years
Fishbone - Fishbone 101
King Crimson - the compact KC
Blue Oyster Cult - workshop of the telescopes

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 22, 2007 02:23     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.myspace.com/disappearerus

Crownfire

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 22, 2007 11:33     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious
Rush - Snakes and Arrows
Lord Belial - Revelation
Megadeth - Rush in Peace
Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
Carnivore - s/t

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 22, 2007 13:14     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Celtic Frost - Dying God coming into human flesh.. Can i ever get enough of this? Don't thinkso!!

--------------------

AMYGDALA
VoivodFan
Member # 990

posted April 22, 2007 15:22     Profile for AMYGDALA   Email AMYGDALA     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Project Failing Flesh - The Conjoined (2007)
The Locust - New Erections (2007)
Negurã Bunget - OM (2006)
Treponem Pal - Treponem Pal (1989)
Treponem Pal - Aggravation (1991)

AMYGDALA
VoivodFan
Member # 990

posted April 22, 2007 15:30     Profile for AMYGDALA   Email AMYGDALA     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes Paul, that song is absolutely great, like the others on new CF album.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 23, 2007 09:14     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Rush - Snakes and Arrows

RUSH GEEK ALERT!!!

How is it? Any good?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 23, 2007 14:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
RUSH GEEK ALERT!!!

How is it? Any good?

It's beyond good, hoss.

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 26, 2007 10:21     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
RUSH GEEK ALERT!!!

How is it? Any good?

There's some good parts to it. The few instrumentals on it are the most interesting for me at the mo'. The other stuff is, well, typically Rush.... whether that's good or bad is up in the air.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 27, 2007 16:46     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I - The Storm I Ride.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 27, 2007 17:12     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still completely obsessed by Psycroptic: Lacertine Forest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAkkWF23Wfs&mode=related&search=
The vid doesn't really do the song justice because of the crappy sound. But these guy's rocks.
They do things in a new way, and me like

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 28, 2007 09:17     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.myspace.com/viajea800

dios astrónomo

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TUXGDV68

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 28, 2007 18:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HATROSS, that myspace link for viaje a 800
is great. i've never heard them before but i'm really diggin' what their playin'. I need to be their friend thanks

--------------------

yawn

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted April 28, 2007 21:15     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AUTOPSY: MENTAL FUNERAL (re-release)

The drums sound like they were recorded in a parking garage, but I like everything else!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 29, 2007 10:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last night I watched the Saxon dvd that came with INNER SANCTUM... 50 minutes of great live classic tunes with interviews inserted between the songs. Highly recomend.

Getting ready to veiw the YES live in montreux dvd. Let's see if the great grandfathers of prog art rock can still kick it without looking too ridiculous.

Still overdosing on Porcupine Tree's Fear Of A Blank Planet and CLUTCH - From Beale Street To Oblivion

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan