my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 49)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 21, 2010 10:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ooooooh, does that mean my Enslaved will show up at home soon? I hope so!

NP: Coroner = Grin

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Mächina
VoivodFan
Member # 1095

posted September 21, 2010 13:55     Profile for Mächina   Email Mächina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Angel Witch - Atlantis

hell yeah!!!!!

--------------------

Turn on the machine!!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 21, 2010 21:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been going through the DEATH ANGEL catalog from first to newest, after playing the new one 4 days in a row. They have always been SO FUCKING GREAT, even the off shoot bands "The Organization" & "Swarm" totally killed.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 27, 2010 13:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NP: Klark Kent - Klark Kent (10" Green Vinyl) Stewart Copeland (of the Police) 1980 solo masterpiece

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 27, 2010 21:04     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://urge2burge.wordpress.com/2008/03/13/power-tools-bracknell-jazz-festival-england-1987/
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 27, 2010 21:37     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Always wondered what this sounded like. Read about it for years. Can you give me a brief overview of the material?

quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
NP: Klark Kent - Klark Kent (10" Green Vinyl) Stewart Copeland (of the Police) 1980 solo masterpiece

ps: Hi Mez!

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 28, 2010 20:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Klark Kent is like the punkier pop ska Police stuff from the early days. Very catchy and fun.

Cranked up TOMAHAWK - TOMAHAWK on the way home from work today... loved this album from the first spin years ago.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 29, 2010 04:23     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TONS of Black Flag, over and over

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 06, 2010 19:29     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Now THAT was unexpected. Right in the middle of the recording of the new album, they decide to re-record their all-time classic!

Good part: you can't go wrong with those songs, they didn't try to reinvent the wheel or something, so the album is great.

But still that was totally unexpected. Timing for this release is also questionable.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted December 07, 2010 07:16     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been spinning post Brave New World Maiden's catalog (specially DOD and TFF)and I LOVE those albums. I really can't understand all the crap they get... really looking forward to see Maiden Next year here in Chile.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 07, 2010 15:00     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

AND

AND

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 07, 2010 18:48     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are those three playing in or out of sync Paul?

NP: Voivod - Nothingface

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 08, 2010 23:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Going through the Fates Warning catalog.

--------------------

yawn

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted December 15, 2010 11:03     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
currently playing the genevieve album by velvet cacoon.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 15, 2010 16:11     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pest, Tangorodrim and Ereb Altor most of the time..

--------------------

String em up

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 16, 2010 16:36     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New Killing Joke, new Electric Wizard, 'Opus Eponymous' by Ghost and anything by Melvins, St Vitus, Angel Witch, Trouble, Mercyful Fate...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 16, 2010 18:54     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Death Angel - Frolic in the Park (reissue)

Death - Individual Thought Patterns

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 16, 2010 19:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
for many many many years the only thing I ever had by the Melvins was the cd of "Ozma/Gluey Porch Treatments" and I just could never get into it. A few months ago a friends emailed an mp3 of the track "Blood Witch" and I got hooked. I picked up A Senile Animal (which I play all the time) and placed a ton of their cds on my Amazon wish list in hopes that my fiancée gets a bunch of them for Xmas for me. If not, I'll be buying them ASAP. It's interesting how I have totally ignored this band for so many years and now I'm realizing what I've been missing.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 17, 2010 12:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
It's interesting how I have totally ignored this band for so many years and now I'm realizing what I've been missing.

Very interesting indeed. An incredible band to see live as well. Dale Croverdale rules. Buzz's hair is sick.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted December 17, 2010 21:15     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
New Killing Joke,.

what do you think of this album? i dont know if i just havent listened to it enough, or that my hopes were too high - either way, i wasnt overly impressed with it.

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted December 17, 2010 23:31     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Discovering Dream Death's Journey into Mystery....cant belive I didnt hear this sooner, it fucking kills !!!

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 18, 2010 18:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been enjoying Joe Satriani's latest "Black Swans & Wormhole Wizards" since it got released. I can't remember the last time I constantly spun a new Satch album... maybe when "The Extremist" came out.

--------------------

yawn

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 19, 2010 10:18     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My first impression of the new KJ album was that it sounded too familiar, as if they took a step backwards instead of their usual forwards. However, I like the songs (most of 'em) very much and I just keep on returning to this cd.

'Journey Into Mystery' by Dream Death just owns!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 24, 2011 09:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GHOST - Opus Eponymous

I learned about this band during the weekend at the Metal Sucks blog, the mention of Mercyful Fate meets BÖC (with some Angel Witch vocals, I must add) interested me, I dlded the album and it was an instant obsession. Now it's on my list of MUST BUY. Recomended to all!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 24, 2011 14:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sounds like it's right up my alley!!! I have to check them out.

I've got the car's 6 cd magazine loaded up with the entire Ty Tabor solo catalog for when I'm cruisin' around.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan