my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 57)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 19, 2013 01:26     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today at work some fine German / Swiss Thrash metal. Candy to the ears!!!

Destruction - Invinceble Force.
Kreator - Out of the dark
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
Sodom - Sign of Evil

All vinyls!!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 20, 2013 05:28     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today i am playing all Newsted Voivod cd's

Most of it I hardly heard...

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted August 20, 2013 09:40     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm currently listening to the vinyls I brought back from my recent Voivod-stalking euro trip:

IMMOLATION - CLOSE TO A WORLD BELOW
My berlinese friend had it for years... she bought it ten years ago because of the cover art and never opened it ... unbelievable... when I told her I loved that album she just gave it to me.. what a lucky S.O.B. I was.

METAL CHURCH - BLESSING IN DISGUISE
Found it for cheap in a Berlin friedrichshain record store ... loving it!!

KING CRIMSON - DISCIPLINE
Same as above

VOIVOD - TARGET EARTH (red vinyl)
I went to visit my good friend DBC in the Netherlands, and besides shelter, food and a fridge full of beer, he gave me this vinyl (I only had the orange one). According to him, the first VVF that visited him would get it. Again, I'm such a lucky S.of a B. . DBC fucking rules.

On CD I'm also heavily rotating:

ERUPTION - TENSES COLLIDE
This is the band of our fellow VVF B.U.C.O. who I had the pleasure of meeting (and drinking with) at Brutal Assault.
Amazing Melodic/Technical Thrash metal in the vein of Forbidden/Violence, but with their own interesting thing going on.
B.U.C.O.'s vocals are quite amazing, the musicianship/songwriting is top notch and the sound is clear and powerful without sounding plastic at all. REALLY COOL!!! If you like the aforementioned bands, this is A MUST!

I also brought an A-HA vinyl for my wife: TRVE NORWEGIAN POP!!!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 20, 2013 13:33     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggïïïrrr:

I also brought an A-HA vinyl for my wife: TRVE NORWEGIAN POP!!!

And, how incredibly kind and cool of you DBC to gift that lovely piece of work to Igor.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 23, 2013 17:14     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbogvQzDpxM
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 25, 2013 19:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VINYL: PEEPING TOM "Peeping Tom" "I know that assholes grow on trees, but I'm here to trim the leaves..."

on deck: VINYL: CORROSION OF CONFORMITY "Wiseblood"

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 26, 2013 03:59     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

This is one of the worst covers in Metal but I Love this album!!!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 26, 2013 15:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's WAY WORSE album covers than "Power & the Glory"... I always kind of liked it. But you're so right about how awesome the music is.... love that fuckin' album!!!

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 27, 2013 20:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
vinyl: OVERKILL - OVERKILL original 4 song ep on Metal Storm Records. I received this yesterday and it looked great. I gave it a quick cleaning with some homemade cleaner and a microfiber cloth but there was still a lot of surface noise when I dropped the needle down on it; so, I took it off and gave it the glue treatment last night and today. It sound fantastic now.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 28, 2013 11:31     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today@work@home

Desruction: first 2
KISS: Alive2
Death Angel"Frolic through the Park
Saxon: Denim and Leather
Iron Maiden: Killers
Voivod: Killing Technology --> by far their best!!!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 28, 2013 22:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GREAT LIST OF ALBUMS!!!
Getting ready to give my Rush Chronicle vinyls the glue treatment before I listen to them.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 04, 2013 02:30     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today @ work @ home

Cranking out ALL VOIVOD VINYLS that I have in chronological order.
Gonna be a Voivodian day

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 04, 2013 09:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mezcal,

I stumbeled upon this band on Youtube,
called Negativa.

check it out, exactly your cup of tea i think!!
Negativa

--------------------

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted September 04, 2013 13:12     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
Hey Mezcal,

I stumbeled upon this band on Youtube,
called Negativa.

check it out, exactly your cup of tea i think!!
Negativa

You stumbled, suddenly, upon this very unknown band to the Voivod crowd, on youtube, just, like, NOW??? I mean, where have you been hiding all these years? Don't you recognize the guy in Turbonegro shirt bashing to the music at 2:09?

I mean this guy:

You're kidding, right?

Unfortunately, it's a little bit too late now to cheer for this band.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 04, 2013 14:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
You stumbled, suddenly, upon this very unknown band to the Voivod crowd, on youtube, just, like, NOW??? I mean, where have you been hiding all these years? Don't you recognize the guy in Turbonegro shirt bashing to the music at 2:09?

I mean this guy:

You're kidding, right?

Unfortunately, it's a little bit too late now to cheer for this band.

Oh my god, i feel like a total loser right now... No I did not know this...

I am listening too much KISS I think

I was looking for some Ephal Duath on Youtube when i clicked on Negativa. Not that I saw the bassplayer there, it was totally ssomeone else I swear!!

--------------------

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted September 04, 2013 15:27     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, pass me that joint you were smoking)))

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 04, 2013 15:53     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
Man, pass me that joint you were smoking)))

No Sir!!!

this is the clip I was referring to....
web page

By the way, the joint is MINE, MINE, MINE!!

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 05, 2013 01:07     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
I am listening too much KISS I think

Haha, that's absolutely going to rot your brain!

It's been a while since I've spun that Negativa disc, so thanks for bringing it to the surface again! Hex's giving you the business about it was pretty rich too, heh.

Spent some time listening to the Jesus Lizard tonight. I'm sure there's plenty of Voivodfans already into these guys, but if not, they are worth checking out. I wouldn't say they "sound" like Voivod at all, but the music is angular and weird as fuck... attributes that might a appeal to residents of Morgoth.

This track "Thumper" does fall in the Voivod/Die Kreuzen vein of things, a bit, I think.
the Jesus Lizard - Thumper

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 05, 2013 17:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw Jesus Lizard at a small club in Fells Point Maryland called Max's On Broadway many many years ago. David Yow was a fuckin insane madman. Somehow he was upside down on top of people walking on the ceiling and "singing" his ass off. Magical!!!

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 06, 2013 10:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loved loved loved to watch Duane Denison...that dude can play and is super hot.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 22, 2013 11:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One - Metallica.

i have not played this record in years but now I re-own the double vinyl of AJFO I had to play it today.

Fuck, the riff at the end of this song gives me goosebumps until i am dead and burried (burned that is!!!)

--------------------

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted September 30, 2013 13:50     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New Gorguts. The craziest heaviest Buddhist metal imaginable, with amazing harmonies. Classical piece is also a highlight.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 06, 2013 21:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YES - Drama (vinyl) still one of my all time favs, just a great fuckin album from beginning to end and the best thing YES had done in a long time at that point in their career. Every time Jon Anderson left the band they've put out some of their best music.

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted October 06, 2013 23:35     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stickshift - EP

Black Water Rising - ST

phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted October 10, 2013 12:22     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
@ schroeder: I need some beginner tips for YES, what is your recommendation??

Now Playing:

NEUROSIS: Through Silver In Blood - holy shit, this is a Masterpiece - from the release date until now, it is nearly unbeatable, really a great one!!!!!

Greets
Michael \m/

--------------------

Inside a giant particle accelerator,a beam of protons,traveling at near the speed of light meets a beam of antiprotons moving equally fast in the opposite direction.The protons and mirror-image antiprotons annihilate each other,creating the fiery chaos of a parallel micro-galaxy.Experiment one complete,the VOIVOD goes into that new dimension,meeting different civilisations and psychic entities,extracting knowledge and energy in the eight programs of this project called: D I M E N S I O N H A T R Ö S S

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan