my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 33)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 22, 2005 10:41     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Been trying to implode the building at work this week with:

• KILLSWITCH ENGAGE - The End Of Heartache;
  • THE CULT - Love;
  • FRANTIC BLEEP - The Sense Apparatus;
  • BIG BAD VOODOO DADDY - s/t (this one is dedicated to Mez );
  • CYNIC - Focus;
  • FINNTROLL - Nattfodd;
  • SLINT - Spiderland;
  • DARKTHRONE - Live in Oslo 1996;
  • ZOETROPE - Amnesty;
  • KING CRIMSON - Red;
  • SADISTIK EXEKUTION - Fukk II.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 22, 2005 22:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
didn't get much time at work to spin many cds, but this is what I did get to listen to:

EOLB - Prologue

Adrian Belew - Lone Rhino (japanese cd now autographed)

Anthrax - Persistance Of Time

Faith No More - The Real Thing

Beatles - homemade compilation

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 25, 2005 01:05     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod - S/T

Does anyone know this band?

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 25, 2005 06:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:
Voivod - S/T

Does anyone know this band?

never heard of them... are they any good... are they one of those nu-metal acts, or a boy band? funny name for a band, what the hell does it mean!!! Can you post a link where we can hear some samples?

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 16, 2005 10:24     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Plenty of CDs at work this week:

• MASTODON - Leviathan;
  • IRON MAIDEN - Live After Death;
  • MORBID ANGEL - Covenant;
  • MORBID ANGEL - Domination;
  • WHITESNAKE - The Early Years;
  • WHITESNAKE - Slide It In;
  • JUDAS PRIEST - Hell Bent For Leather;
  • JUDAS PRIEST - New York Palladium 1981;
  • JUDAS PRIEST - Live In Milwaukee 2002;
  • MOTÖRHEAD - Everything Louder Than Everyone Else;
  • HELLOWEEN - Live In Hamburg 1987;
  • METALLICA - London UK - Hammersmith Odeon - 09-21-1986.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted August 16, 2005 16:12     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That 1 Guy - songs in the key of beotch

Hey Mez, Schroed, and Tangento, you guys gotta check this guy out. He's litterally a 1 man band. I can't even describe what he does. He's constructed his own instrument made out of plumbing pipe and triggers. But he does it all live. The end result is something like a 1 man Primus/Zappa/indsustrial. It's trippy. Check out this video:
http://www.that1guy.com/pages/Video.html

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 16, 2005 18:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THAT KICKED ASS!!!

So, is the entire cd as DOPE as the video? My kinda shite!!!

--------------------

yawn

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted August 16, 2005 18:26     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're gonna kill me Schroed, but I totally meant to burn this one for you and send it off in that package that's on its way to you..........BUT I FORGOT!

But yeah, the whole CD funks just as hard. He was smart and kept it under 40 minutes (I can see this becoming annoying if it were much longer IMO). But it's good. I dig the tunes as much as I dig the innovation and novelty. He's not just clever, he's good. Definitely worth the $10. Hell, I've spent $15 on a lot worse bands!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 17, 2005 06:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the review Mustard, I'll put it on my cds to buy list. I'd end up buying the original to support the srtist if you sent it to me anyway... but I can easily take your thumbs up as a reason to purchase the cd.

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 17, 2005 09:22     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What I'm jamming to lately:

Devildriver - The Fury of Our Makers Hand (surprisingly excellent)
Amon Amarth - Fate of Norns
Opeth - Ghost Reveries (masterpiece.)
cKy - An Answer Can Be Found
Municipal Waste - Hazardous Mutation (real thrash lives!!! early DRI fans rejoice!)

Here, break something:

municipal_waste-bang_over.mp3

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 17, 2005 09:28     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
People have started coming back to work today (I work in a school so I've had the place to myself all summer, a la The Shinning) and some members of staff have expressed concern at the new regime of Metal in my print room. Thus:

Leo Sayer - Greatest Hits
Syd Barrett - Barrett
Anthrax - Fistful of Metal
Bathory - Under the Sign...

It's my room. The metal will continue.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 17, 2005 10:14     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SUNNO))........'bassaliens'...................
....SLOWWWWW....

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 17, 2005 10:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
srtist

srtist...hmmm, not a bad new word there schroeder....
NP: EOLB!!!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted August 17, 2005 22:45     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
  • Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine (Great album, I really dig it!)
  • Soilwork - Stabbing Th Drama
  • Ned's Atomic Dustbin - God Fodder (good ol souvenir!!)
  • Fear Factory - Transgression (Not sure yet, had to listen some more....)
  • Soulfly - Dark Ages (after one listen...seem alot more interesting than "Prophecy")
  • Mastodon - Leviathan (fuck, I miss'em when they were in town w/Maiden!)
  • Khanate - Capture & Release (Even if my friend Plotkin is involved here...it's not very easy listening!)
  • Opeth - Ghost Reveries

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted August 25, 2005 08:32     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ISIS - Panopticon

Hi....my first post....where can i introduce myself on this GREAT Board... i know,off topic......

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 25, 2005 13:38     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cosmic Drama from the mighty Dimension Hatröss

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted August 26, 2005 04:24     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my alltime VOIVOD favorite song

Tornado!!!!

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 27, 2005 17:59     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dimension Hatross
Nothingface

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted August 27, 2005 18:00     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NothingFace
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 27, 2005 18:18     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yesterday: Spectrum bootleg 87

War And Pain
Morgoth Invasion

Voivod Lives

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 27, 2005 19:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yesterday: PIGGY JAMS
today VOIVOD JAMS

--------------------

yawn

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted August 27, 2005 21:06     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Killing Technology

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 28, 2005 01:20     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothingface.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 28, 2005 07:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
taking to work today:
war & pain (remastered)
rrroooaaarrr
killing technology
dimension hatross
nothingface
angel rat (not the long box I just received, that will stayed sealed)
the outer limits
negatron
phobos
kronik
voivod

--------------------

yawn

Anyway
VoivodFan
Member # 594

posted August 28, 2005 09:25     Profile for Anyway   Email Anyway     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
May I say : "An absolutely listenable" demo

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan