my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 25)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 10, 2004 10:46     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's the mid-90's again!

MISERY LOVES CO. - Misery Loves Co.;
MISERY LOVES CO. - Happy?;
HELMET - Meantime;
PRONG - Cleansing;
PRONG - Rude Awakening;
TIAMAT - Judas Christ (exception).

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted August 12, 2004 19:20     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mastodon - leviathan
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 13, 2004 02:03     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's the playlist for work over the last copuple of nights. Listened to some Adam Sandler and Lewis Black comedy CDs too...

Death Angel - The Art Of Dying
Arsis - A Celebration Of Guilt
Disillusion - Back To Times Of Splendor
Ensiferum - Iron
Finntroll - Nattfodd
Vehemence - Helping The World To See
Napalm Death - Fear, Emptiness, Despair
Skyclad - Folkemon
Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death
Black Sabbath - Mob Rules/Heaven And Hell
Nevermore - Enemies Of Reality
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Metal Church - Blessing In Disguise
SFH - One Of These Days
Running Wild - The Brotherhood
Entombed - Wolverine Blues
Satyricon - Volcano
King Cobb Steelie - Mayday
Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First
Ministry - Psalm 69/ The Land Of Rape And Honey
Voivod - Angel Rat

...oh and some songs by a band called VAS DEFERENS

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 13, 2004 03:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lard - The Last Temptation of Reid

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 13, 2004 10:56     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ocular intrusion:
Lard - The Last Temptation of Reid

Great one, I love that album!

Work setlist:

RAMMSTEIN - Herzeleid;
ARCH ENEMY - Burning Bridges;
WOLFPACK - Allday Hell;
RUSH - Feedback;
VITAL REMAINS - Dechristianize;
METALLICA - Garage Inc.;
CELTIC FROST - To Mega Therion.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 13, 2004 13:20     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't Fear the Cowbell....oops, I mean Don't Fear the Reaper - B.O.C.

Cracks me up everytime I hear this song!

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted August 13, 2004 14:13     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Definitely. Don't Fear the Reaper is the ONLY song I can listen to more than 5 times in a row and actually enjoy it everytime. BÖC rules.

NP : HAWKWIND - Quark Strangeness and Charm

Now Reading : Stranger in a Strange World by R.A.Heinlein.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 17, 2004 11:00     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That rediscovering CDs thread inspired me today:

RUSH - Moving Pictures;
OVERKILL - Wrecking Everything Live;
OS CATALÉPTICOS - Little Bits of Insanity;
GODFLESH - Pure;
THE SMASHING PUMPKINS - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness;
THE EXPLOITED - Beat the Bastards.

--------------------

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted August 17, 2004 12:56     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dio - Master of the Moon

Good stuff!

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted August 17, 2004 13:08     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Album of the Year - Faith No More

The more I listen to this band, the more I miss 'em. How band's as great as FNM and Voivod ever go unnoticed is just beyond me.

But I gotta say, the Tomahawk stuff is right up there with FNM as far as Patton stuff goes. That stuff kicks ass too.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 17, 2004 13:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:
Dio - Master of the Moon

Good stuff!

WOW!!!! When did that come out and how is it? I've been a Dio fan since I first got into metal. He's had his hits and misses but I usually always buy whatever he releases. Sometimes he gets a bit redundant, but when he's 'on' he's great. And there's no denying he's got a great voice from which millions of other singers have tried to imitate. One of the true metal god singers that started it all. Dio, Gillan, Halford, Ozzy... the great grandfathers of the voice of metal.

--------------------

yawn

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted August 17, 2004 15:16     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
WOW!!!! When did that come out and how is it? I've been a Dio fan since I first got into metal. He's had his hits and misses but I usually always buy whatever he releases. Sometimes he gets a bit redundant, but when he's 'on' he's great. And there's no denying he's got a great voice from which millions of other singers have tried to imitate. One of the true metal god singers that started it all. Dio, Gillan, Halford, Ozzy... the great grandfathers of the voice of metal.

Well technically it's not out yet. I grabbed it off a bit torrent site, but I'm going to buy it when it comes out, I promise. It's really good, classic Dio. I think most of his recent stuff is great (Magica, KTD...etc.) I only wish Vinny Appice was still playing with him. Simon Wright is good but he doesn't have that crushing feel that Vinny developed over the years.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 17, 2004 15:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Well technically it's not out yet. I grabbed it off a bit torrent site, but I'm going to buy it when it comes out, I promise. It's really good, classic Dio. I think most of his recent stuff is great (Magica, KTD...etc.) I only wish Vinny Appice was still playing with him. Simon Wright is good but he doesn't have that crushing feel that Vinny developed over the years.

Thanks for the info. I did some surfin online and saw the cd comes out in a couple of weeks. I wasn't thrilled with Magica... in fact I very much thought it was Dio's worst release to date. KTD was better but still not classic Dio. Looking forward to hear what the 'magic elf' has in store for his fans this time however.

I'd also rather see Appice behind the kit, and according to Dio's official site (which needs some updating to announce the new cd) Jimmy Bain has left and now Rudy Sarzo is in the band!!!

There's always a revolving door with many of these older bands and musicians which I think is cool.

--------------------

yawn

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted August 17, 2004 15:52     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

I wasn't thrilled with Magica... in fact I very much thought it was Dio's worst release to date.

Worse than Sacred Heart? Magica took a while to grow on me, but now I like it a lot. It's very dark, and that's a good thing. I think you'll like the new one.

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 22, 2004 06:03     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vader - the Beast
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 22, 2004 08:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Worse than Sacred Heart? Magica took a while to grow on me, but now I like it a lot. It's very dark, and that's a good thing. I think you'll like the new one.

OKAY, looks like I need to give Magica another spin. Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind the few times I listened to it before putting it back in the rack to collect dust. Sacred Heart is kinda cheesey, but it came out when I was majorly into Dio and to my ears, back then, he could do no wrong.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 22, 2004 17:32     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutrino:
Vader - the Beast

Well, I'm quite sure people are waiting for a review...

--------------------

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 22, 2004 19:43     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh well, it's the new Vader, you know what to expect from them...
monster riffs and manic drumming (btw, the guy replacing Doc is doing a great job!)
sounds like a classic already

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 23, 2004 09:57     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutrino:
oh well, it's the new Vader, you know what to expect from them...
monster riffs and manic drumming (btw, the guy replacing Doc is doing a great job!)
sounds like a classic already

Glad to hear/read that. Needless to say it's already on my list.

Metalwork today...

ACCEPT - Restless and wild;
ACCEPT - Russian roulette;
BLACK SABBATH - Mob rules (my fav from the Dio era);
IRON MAIDEN - Powerslave;
IRON MAIDEN - Live after death;
IRON MAIDEN - 7th son of a 7th son (2-disc version);
MOTÖRHEAD - Another perfect day (Robbo rules!).

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 23, 2004 10:13     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At this very moment, it's the not-so-pleasantly-named Genital Grinder by Carcass.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 23, 2004 13:40     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangerine Dream - Electronic Meditation

My neighbors must be scared. Very scared.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 23, 2004 14:05     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And the 666th post is...

Suffocation - Pierced from Within

Rawr.

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted August 23, 2004 21:53     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noticed it too Lycanth...

No more now.

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 30, 2004 11:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That new Rev. album inspired me to bring some "oldies" to work.

REV. HORTON HEAT - Smoke'em If You Got'em;
REV. HORTON HEAT - Revival;
ERIC CLAPTON - Me and Mr. Johnson;
THE CRAMPS - Stay Sick;
GUANA BATZ - 1985-1990;
ROYAL CROWN REVUE - The Contender;
OS CATALÉPTICOS - Little Bits of Insanity.

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 30, 2004 12:13     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Satyricon - Volcano
Megadeth - alot.. mostly the new one
Cradle of Filth - Nymphetamine
Wargasm - Why Play Around?
Argor - pre-production demos
The Kovenant - SETI

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan