my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 42)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 20, 2007 10:50     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favourite KD album has to be "Conspiracy", if nothing else just for the top notch musicianship. And to learn that Mikkey Dee recorded his drum tracks with nothing but a metronome just reinforced my opinion.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 20, 2007 19:07     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Young Gods - Supe ready/Fragmenté
Tomahawk - Anonymous
Nile - Ithyphallic

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 21, 2007 17:12     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
King Diamond "scared" you, Mez? HAHAHA! Sorry, it's just funny You know Gene Simmons actually sued him over his face paint, and that's why he doesn't wear it like that anymore....

I've liked KD ever since 1987 or so. Didn't get into MF until about 93, when they "reformed". All their shit is good, both bands, everything.

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 01, 2007 19:09     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Aaaaah, the wonders of Googling...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 18, 2007 17:59     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ye good ol' Black Metal...

ENSLAVED - Frost
ENSLAVED - Isa
ENSLAVED - RUUN
IMMORTAL - Damned In Black
SATYRICON - Nemesis Divina
SATYRICON - Volcano
SATYRICON - Now, Diabolical

Exactly now I'm listening to Enslaved's Yggdrasil, from the early masterpiece "Frost", hail Satan.

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 18, 2007 18:08     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This one's for you, Slay...

Behexen - Under The Eye of Lord (from "By The Blessing of Satan")

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 27, 2007 17:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SIGH - Hangman's Hymn

So fat it tops my "best of the year" list, these japanese geniuses (well, Mirai actually) have outdone themselves on this new one.

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 28, 2007 16:53     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Black Fucking Sabbath - first one...DOOM ON!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted September 30, 2007 21:18     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KINSKI "Down Below Its Chaos"

Get some...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 03, 2007 17:56     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonutz:
For most of you it's next to impossible to buy this one, so I don't feel too worried about providing the DL link ;-)

I only posted the link to Sigh's new album because I know everybody here who dares to download it will buy the original in case they like it. Just like I did, btw.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 04, 2007 07:15     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
I only posted the link to Sigh's new album because I know everybody here who dares to download it will buy the original in case they like it. Just like I did, btw.

Thanks man!! I've been wanting to hear this for a while. This one has been on my BUY list for quite some time. Love this band!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 04, 2007 12:32     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Thanks man!! I've been wanting to hear this for a while. This one has been on my BUY list for quite some time. Love this band!

You're welcome mate! It's surely worth the money spent!

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 04, 2007 14:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Yeah, I was also very anxious about the new Sigh... and they failed to impress. No, not bad at all, but not even up to their own standards. I'm still thinking if I'm gonna buy this album or save money for their back-catalog (re-)releases.

The new Nevid' on the other hand far surpasses everything these guys have done before - including their previous work in Butterfly Temple.

NP: Yarga. Again.

Hmmmmm...........first a negative review of Blotted Science and now a negative on Sigh??? Now I'm very curious to hear this Nevid.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 04, 2007 23:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Sorry mez, you know I'm both very picky AND weird AND too easily bored.

There's nothing really wrong with either Sigh or Blotted Science, other than that both of them are making me feel like "Is that ALL you could do guys? C'mon, you did better before".

Blotted Science is "just" "very interesting". Well, better than Jarzombek solo stuff too. But Ink Compatible was a true masterpiece.

Same with Sigh - the new one is "interesting", "not bad" and so forth, where Sonicscapes and Gallows Gallery were both nothing short of "amazing".

oh well I'm already bored of myself. time to retire.

You know what Hex...I listened to both albums in my car today and I have to admit...you're pretty much dead on. The new Sigh doesn't come anywhere close to the last one. I mean, there wasn't one tempo change throughout the whole album. I absolutely hate that. Like a fucking Children of Bodom record. Yeah, its still much better than most of the albums coming out this year...but you're right, we expect more from such a great band.

Blotted Science...I listened to once but it'd been a fucking crazy day and I was extremely tired...so I'm hoping that when I listen again..in a fresh state of mind..it will sound better. Lord knows I hope so.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 06, 2007 16:16     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Been listening to this folk metal masterpiece A LOT lately:
NEVID' - Yarga

For most of you it's next to impossible to buy this one, so I don't feel too worried about providing the DL link ;-)

So i finally got a chance to sit down and listen to it. I quite like it! Thanks for the discovery.

Would you be so kind as to translate the song titles tho? It would help to get a better idea about it conceptually.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 17, 2007 09:54     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Electric Wizard - Witchcult Today. So far it's a blinder.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 17, 2007 18:35     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amorphis - Silent Waters, excellent stuff. Alchemist - Tripsis, likewise. And the new Eat Static album. *bangin'*

--------------------

String em up

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 19, 2007 03:56     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Corrosion 'o C : Paranoid Opioid (Actually the whole in the Arms of God album of which I wear the first North American leg tour w/Motorhead size L t wayyyy too much)

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 26, 2007 03:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The prevalent clean vocals on "Gallows Gallery" annoyed me to death (I actually don't remember any harsh vocals on the entire album), that's why I liked the new Sigh so much. It was something like, "yes, we ARE a Black Metal band and not afraid to admit it."

And yes, "Imaginary Sonicscapes" is a much better album. Maybe I should listen to "Gallows" again, even if I don't think I'll change my mind. Who knows?

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 26, 2007 06:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
found some cassettes in my attic last nite...
NP: Tank - Honour and Blood

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 22, 2008 08:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw a picture of Barry Stern posted on Trouble's myspace and desided to spin ZOETROPE 'Amnesty" vinyl... just finsihed listening to that, great record.

Now playing: Znowhite "act of god" vinyl.

played: Cyclone Temple "I hate therefore I am" yesterday along with my friends band Apollo Ra / Museum Of Fear to celebrate his birthday

ALL CLASSIC OLD SCHOOL TIMELESS METAL

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 23, 2008 09:39     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These last couple of days:

Propagandhi - Potemkin City Limits
Gorgoroth - Incipit Satan
Nevid - Yarga
Yellow Machinegun - Build & Destroy
Taake / Gigantomachy (split) - Dra Til Helvete - Restart The Night
Jean Leloup - Le Dôme

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 01, 2008 08:49     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CAVALERA CONSPIRACY - Inflikted

Surprise, surprise! It's actually a very good album, plus (and this is what surprised me the most) it's a METAL ALBUM, for Satan's sake!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 01, 2008 17:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
at work today:
Overkill - Immortalis & Relix IV
Kind Diamond - Fatal Portrait
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime 1 & 2
Thrice - Alchemy Index vol 1&2

Getting ready to get on the treadmill with : Antrax - Music of Mass Destruction dvd

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 02, 2008 20:34     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
at work today:
Overkill - Immortalis & Relix IV
Kind Diamond - Fatal Portrait
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime 1 & 2
Thrice - Alchemy Index vol 1&2

Getting ready to get on the treadmill with : Antrax - Music of Mass Destruction dvd

'

Treadmill???

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan