my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 23)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 02, 2004 15:35     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Onward into the countless battles with UNLEASHED

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

|  IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 02, 2004 16:03       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
a serious ripping headaches of
LIVES
KRONIK
PHOBOS
NEGATRON
NANOMAN

and tommorow
KILLING TECHNOLOGY
WAR&PAIN
RRROOOAAARRR
DIMENSION HATROSS
NOTHINGFACE
ANGELRAT(PRE-PRODUCTION-because this is the only version i like)
VOIVOD
OUTERLIMITS

IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 03, 2004 02:17     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KICK AXE - VICES

Found the entire thing on Winmx about 2 months ago, and I'm playing it almost as non stop as I did when I first got it on vinyl back in '84. Classic album, I simply must go find the 2001 re-issue on CD.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 03, 2004 15:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Listened to Obsolete, Fear Factory, on my drive to Santa Fe yesterday morning. I forgot how f-ing good it is. And on the way home from Santa Fe...PHOBOS! Killer sounds. Piggy truly is a (hot)guitar god.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted July 04, 2004 09:00     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Motörhead - Inferno

over, over and over again!
This is a kick ass album as usual for those who love the band!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 10, 2004 16:36     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A must for every crazy motherfucker out there:
Clutch, and I'm an idiot cuz I can't remember the name of the cd I had on while stuck in traffic for 45 minutes!! yesterday afternoon. All I can say is, it gave me a hard-on. And I'm not a dude.

--------------------

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted July 11, 2004 05:47     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Wheel in the Sky keeps on turning....

Journey.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 11, 2004 07:44     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
A must for every crazy motherfucker out there:
Clutch, and I'm an idiot cuz I can't remember the name of the cd I had on while stuck in traffic for 45 minutes!! yesterday afternoon. All I can say is, it gave me a hard-on. And I'm not a dude.

That's funny, because I just ordered EVERY Clutch cd that I needed, to complete my collection.... I only had 'The Elephant Riders' & 'Pure Rock Fury'

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 13, 2004 11:14     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schoeder: It's titled Trans Speedway League
..."c'mon, motherfucker...c'mon motherfucker..let's go!"

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 13, 2004 13:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

That's the one with THE CROWD GOES WILD right?
I should have it in my mailbox any day along, along with the rest of the back catalog!!!!

NW MEGADETH Behind The Music dvd...
Great DVD, some cool insight from past and present members, including interviews with Jamez and Larz (very cool comments). Mustaine holds nothing back when commenting on his life and admitting to all the fucked up shit he and his mates endured. Lots of extra footage that didn't make the VH1 airing.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 13, 2004 20:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Judas Priest - Defenders Of The Faith remastered... this brings back some old headbangin' memories, fer sure

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 13, 2004 21:04     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Megadeth - The System Has failed... repeatedly. It dethroned the new Infernal Majesty, the new Dayglo Abortions, and all the Wildhearts stuff right off my playlist. It's all i've been listening to all week!

Look, i cant stress it enough! It's quite possibly the finest 'Deth release since Rust In Peace, as far as consistency goes.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 13, 2004 23:29     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jag Panzer - Legion Immortal

This is off their latest album Casting The Stones which will be out later this year. Great traditional Metal similar to Iced Earth. First time I've listened to them and I'm diggin' it. Gonna go pick me up some.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 19, 2004 21:33     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Death & Taxe$ - Paradigms for a New Quarter

*Actually I have been listening to this one and Theenigmathatisman the whole weekend...I think I need the new one now.

--------------------

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted July 19, 2004 23:41     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Goat Horn - Storming the Gates

Amazing stuff! 80's heavy/thrash with an interesting modern twist. Definitely great.

Other than that

Motorhead - Bastards
Voivod - The Outer Limits
Magma - Üdü Wüdü

well, that's about it.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 20, 2004 01:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

ACTUALLY the new CLUTCH cd is titled BLAST TYRANT... "...Speedway..." was released 11 years ago in 1993!!! That also kicks ass, then again all of them do some serious damage to the gluts!!!

Went to spin Clutch "live at the googolplex" today at work only to be shocked to find a Mindy Smith 'one moment more' cd inside!!! NEVER HEARD OF HEARD and I DON'T WANT TO!!! This gets returned to Djangos!!!

--------------------

yawn

Dan-Hell
VoivodFan
Member # 333

posted July 20, 2004 11:45     Profile for Dan-Hell   Email Dan-Hell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
napalm death - leaders not followers pt 2 (2004)
meshuggah - nothing
hirax - hate fear and power

trop fort

--------------------

dan-hell

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 20, 2004 13:37     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Confessor (the old stuff)

just the one song wasn't quite enough, I had to dig this up (thanks again Vroom )

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 20, 2004 14:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
ACTUALLY the new CLUTCH cd is titled BLAST TYRANT... "...Speedway..." was released 11 years ago in 1993!!! That also kicks ass, then again all of them do some serious damage to the gluts!!!

Yes, I knew that. But I was still listening to the Trans...Speedway League cd. I don't know fuck-all about Clutch, just that the old man had that particular cd in his truck when I was stuck in traffic.
Now Playing: The Ultra-Violence

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 21, 2004 23:12     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agressor - Towards Beyond

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 22, 2004 17:17     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Carcass - Death Certificate
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 22, 2004 17:33     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Brian Setzer - Ignition - 68 Comeback Special.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted July 23, 2004 06:06     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mordred - In This Life
oh yeah now I understand why the enthusiasm about this band; I heard only Fool's Game before, and I didn't like it but this is much much better

Megadeth - the System has failed
unbelievable!
excellent songs, a bit commercial here and there but sounds great anyway.
And when did Megadave learned to sing? shit, I even *enjoyed* his vocals on many tunes

The last Megadeth I bought was a single for Countdown.. it was really horrible

Therion - Sirius B / Lemuria
Megadeth - Killing is my business...
played Clutch - Blast Tyrant again (forgot I bought it), it's ok, but as always with this band I'd like something in the vein of 'Impetus' for example (early tune from the Earache 'Naive' comp)

and the Hit of the Summer:

Electric Wizard - Saturn's Children
(...Crucified by the Su-un...)
The bridge at 5'25" is apocalyptic!!
(... and the Cross turns to Black... to Black...)

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted July 23, 2004 16:11     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rush - Hemispheres........Ahhhhhhhhhh, I haven't enjoyed this one in a while. What an album!

Up next: Screaming Headless Torsos
I haven't played this one in a while, but it's one of my favorites. Funk rock is an overused description, but that's what these guys are. But they do it right. Think, Sly, Stevie Wonder, Chili Peppers, Living Colour, Fishbone. These guys bring it.

Dan-Hell
VoivodFan
Member # 333

posted July 23, 2004 16:52     Profile for Dan-Hell   Email Dan-Hell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uphill Battle - Wreck Of Nerves

oh yeah -

--------------------

dan-hell

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan