my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 55)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 12, 2013 03:45     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today a little bit of:

Slayer: Christ Illusion
Slayer: GHUA
Slayer: Devine Intervention
KISS: Alive 2

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 12, 2013 19:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My first listen of the new SABBATH 13 left me impressed. Is it their best album? NO. Is it better than what would have been released by Heaven & Hell if Dio hadn't passed away? Probably not. Do I wish Bill Ward was swinging the sticks and grooving on the album? Of course I do, but to have Ozzy, Tony, and Geezer together again creating music is pretty fucking cool. "Methedemic" is the stand out track for me after the first listen complete listen. Damn good stuff from the grandfathers of metal. Iommi is still the riffmaster and Geezer is still a bad ass mutha fucker on bass and can still write some cool lyrics. There's nothing on the album I don't like.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 13, 2013 02:46     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Opeth The Lotus Eater
The Fusion middle part gives me goosebumps every single time I hear the song.

Even on places where I didn't you could get them...

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 13, 2013 03:52     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My cassette rips of Pantera's 'Metal Magic' and 'Projects in the Jungle', I don't know why it took me 3 years, the damn things cost enough. With a little tweaking and hiss reduction it would blow away ANY boot out there right now.
And I own the boot CD's, kinda scared to get the vinyl now because it's either a boot also or they used cheap vinyl, I think my tapes outweigh the vinyl releases.

So to be more specific, I'm listening to Pantera - Projects in the Jungle: Like Fire

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 13, 2013 06:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those 2 early Pantera albums have been on my list of albums to get but I always forget about them for some reason until I read something about them... and then I forget about them again before I get them!!! I need to stick them on my Amazon wish list so I'll be reminded.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 13, 2013 08:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PROJECT: FAILING FLESH - The Conjoined
better than caffeine to wake yourself up in the morning!!!!

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted June 13, 2013 14:05     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know why, but I just felt compelled to listen to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, as a full album, for the first time.

Weird, I know.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 13, 2013 16:04     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mac rules! Even if that is the most commercialized album in existence, haha.

Hey Dave let me know more about your pursuit of those 2 albums, I'm friends with the original singer on FB and maybe he might have some lying around, at least you'll know it's the real deal

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 13, 2013 16:06     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
P:FF rules too, fer tha record

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 13, 2013 18:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks. I did find the early Pantera stuff on cd at Amazon from some dealers and stuck them on my Wish List.

I enjoy Fleetwood Mac also, and Lindsay Buckingham's guitar playing has always been amazing.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 13, 2013 19:19     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well just to let you know, it's not real haha.

The only "real" CD old Pantera put out was 'Power Metal', and that's even heavily bootlegged. Yer best bet is to get vinyl, or I could hook you up somehow with some burns

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 14, 2013 09:30     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
I don't know why, but I just felt compelled to listen to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, as a full album, for the first time.

Weird, I know.

Even weirder, I did exactly the same yesterday!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 14, 2013 13:46     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'Rumours' is a damn fine album. Amazing how they came with such an album despite all the misery going on within the band. I also like the older bluesy stuff from Mac. I detest the later stuff however.

Now playing: 'The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here'. I thoroughly enjoy this album.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 14, 2013 14:32     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
Now playing: 'The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here'. I thoroughly enjoy this album.

Amen to that! These guys are doing it right, for sure! There's a lot going on with this record.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 15, 2013 08:04     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Coroner- Mental Fucking Vortex

B*R*I*L*L*I*A*N*T

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 16, 2013 19:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still doing my alphabetical cd listening experience (while adding in new cds I've received into the mix) and I'm up to the R's. Today I played:
Pearl Jam - Vault Series #3 Constitution Hall 9/19/98 (kinda pissed about the 2 second gaps between the songs)

Rage - Perfect Man
Rage - Reflections of a Shadow

David Ragsdale - David & Goliath

Rainbow - The Best of Rainbow

Ramones - Adios Amigos!

The Rancid (hardcore Baltimore band from back in the day) - 1988 Demos (this still kicks ass after all these years)

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Greatest Hits

Black Sabbath - 13 (totally lovin' this album. I said previously it's definitely not their best, but now I'd say it's one of their best. I said it definitely wouldn't be as good as what Heaven & Hell would have created if Dio was still alive... now I'm not so sure; although I would have loved to have heard what Ronnie would have written to all these great riffs)

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 17, 2013 12:13     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Raven - Wiped out.

Now that I own a record player again it is time to crank all of the remainders of my record collection.

Hell yeah...

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 17, 2013 19:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VINYL RULEZ... Enjoy the 33 1/3 and 45 RPM spins Paul!!!

Today's plays while driving around:
Raven - Nothing Exceeds Like Excess
Red Fang - Murder The MOuntains
Voivod - Target Earth

Getting ready to spin my vinyl of RUSH - "Through Time" that I just finished giving the wood glue deep cleaning treatment to. This process really does do an amazing job of making old vinyl sound a lot better. My used copy of "Fly By Night" now has a layer of glue on side waiting dry.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 21, 2013 03:15     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I have a question,

I have 2 versions of Nothingface on vinyl.
Both are no pleasure listening to because they do skip grooves all the time,
both vinyls are in plastic inersleeve.
Could this be the reason for the skipping?

Maybe I could clean the vinyls, would that help? I see no scratches on the surface...
What yu guys clean your lps with??

thanks

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 21, 2013 06:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There could be something wedged in the grooves that could be extracted using using the wood glue treatment, if using anti static brushes of cleaning pads doesn't get it out. If it's in the same exact spot on both copies than it sounds like a manufacturing error. The wood glue treatment clean up a lot of pops and clicks and I've been doing to most of the used vinyl I buy.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 21, 2013 12:07     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
The wood glue treatment clean up a lot of pops and clicks and I've been doing to most of the used vinyl I buy.

I saw that on youtube....

amazing

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 21, 2013 23:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it is. Sometimes it is tricky to get every little bit of glue off the record once it dries. it usually peels off in one sheet but sometimes thinner areas might be left on the vinyl and you need to take time and patience getting it all off. that's what I was doing tonight with my Rush - Fly By Night, and Genesis - Duke albums. I listened to side one of Duke and other than the last part of the last song where I obviously hadn't extracted all the glue and it made some pops and click, it was a big improvement over the last time I played the record prior to the glue treatment.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 24, 2013 09:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OVERKILL - Killbox 13 on vinyl

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 24, 2013 11:17     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cult of Luna - Salvation

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 25, 2013 14:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OVERKILL - IRONBOUND double vinyl

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan