my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 53)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 08, 2013 16:53     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was worth all the hassle finally leaving that shithole place I used to live in.

Back to topic:

NP: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 04, 2013 20:28     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KMFDM - Pussy Riot

--------------------

Imran
VoivodFan
Member # 197

posted March 13, 2013 11:49     Profile for Imran   Email Imran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Iron Maiden - Killers.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 13, 2013 18:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
With Peter Banks passing away I decided to make today a day to remember those who past away too early but left us with a legacy of great music. So today at work I cranked up:
FLASH - In the Can (Peter Banks)
RAINBOW - Long Live Rock n Roll (Dio & Cozy)
RAMONES - Halfway to Sanity (Johnny & Joey)
Voivod - Dimension Hatross (Piggy)
The Beatles - Revolver (John & George)
Alice in Chains - Facelift (Layne)
Mystic Force - The Eternal Quest (singer Bobby Hicks who past away over the weekend. local Baltimore band from back in the day, but are still around)

Tomorrow I will have the first 3 Iron Maiden albums cranking in memory of Clive

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 13, 2013 19:01     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
With Peter Banks passing away I decided to make today a day to remember those who past away too early but left us with a legacy of great music. So today at work I cranked up:

RAMONES - Halfway to Sanity (Johnny & Joey)

Hmm. You may wanna give Dee Dee a spin tomorrow too.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 13, 2013 21:46     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maiden. Killers. RIP Clive.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 14, 2013 06:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
Hmm. You may wanna give Dee Dee a spin tomorrow too.

I should have gone with an earlier Ramones recording to cover everyone from the band that has past away.
I continue today with the homage to the fallen.
Iron Maiden's first 3
Stevie Ray Vaughan, Queen, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Riot, David Wayne... and of course another VOIVOD "Negatron" (my japanese cd) for Piggy.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 25, 2013 21:55     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

The most innovative metal band around!

Ok, not really, but still a fun listen!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 09, 2013 09:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing (dvd surround disc) while I paint the bulkhead I just built in the kitchen

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 11, 2013 06:35     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just discovered this band:
http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=90677

Been playing the hell out of it....will be ordering today.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 21, 2013 21:38     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2R2KXNQR1M
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 22, 2013 15:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My all time favorite Van Halen album!!!

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 22, 2013 21:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A little while ago it was side one of THE OUTER LIMITS on vinyl with my kickass Senheiser headphones.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 26, 2013 22:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Goodbye George, we'll miss you:

RIPGJ

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 27, 2013 11:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ace Frehley - 1978 solo album

because of his birthday !!!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 27, 2013 22:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The best of the 4 KISS solo albums.

I've been working my way alphabetically through my cd collection starting at A (of course) and grabbing only 1 cd from almost every band I have in my collection. I've skipped some cds that I had recently listened to or that I just had no desire to listen to. It's been a fun ride because it's made me listen to things I haven't heard in years or even remember I had. It made me remember how great some of these albums are that I haven't listened to in a long time.

Within the last few days I've enjoyed the likes of:
GBH - Punk Junkies
Geezer - Black Science
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Marty Friedman - Music For Speeding
Fishbone - Give A Monkey A Brain...
Filter - The Amalgamut

and many others

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 30, 2013 06:27     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I re-visited the 4 Kiss solo albums a month or so ago and I have to say I kinda like them better than their KISS recent stuff around that time LOL.

On a more current note, I have recently been listening to all of the Prince discography from '77 to '87. I don't care how many people think he's a little fag or whatever, the music speaks for itself. I cut myself off after he became religious haha.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 30, 2013 07:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Prince kicks ass and plays the shit out of the guitar. He's always been diverse and original and definitely unique.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 30, 2013 08:25     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I recently spent $5 hundred to see 2 of his shows here at a small club, and it blew my mind. Not that I thought it wouldn't, but it's just him and 3 other female musicians, very stripped down. Let's just say he didn't play Raspberry Beret or You've got the Look haha.

What sucks is now I can't reallly buy any music for about 3 or 4 months to make up for the cost

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 30, 2013 09:21     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
but you have memories of a couple of incredible evenings experiencing Prince in a small club. That's cool that a Prince would play small club. I guess if you charge enough money per ticket it works out the same as playing a bigger venue with a cheaper ticket; but for those lucky people in a small club seeing an act like Prince, it's something they'll always remember.
I appreciate acts like that. And say what you want about Metallica but when they did their 30th Anniversary shows and only charged %6.66 per ticket for each of the four shows and only made them available to their fan club members... That Fuckin Rocks!!! And all the guest appearances that took place over the 4 concerts... Fuckin' Legendary!!!

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 01, 2013 03:42     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think you hit it right on the head there, the money-per-person must increase because there are less of you and you are in a much closer proximity. He played guitar at least 90% of the time, the other 10 to do keys for Purple Rain and When Doves Cry, but they were shortened versions and he ran back out front and center with a 6-string ready to get down haha.

Now what Metallica did, that is VERY generous but on the other hand it wasn't available to the general public, which I view as somewhat unfair. Either way, isn't there a DVD set, only diff is that it isn't $6.66 like the tickets LOL.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 01, 2013 06:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Metallica only offering it up to the fan club was a smart move on their part because if it was offered up to the public most of the hard core fans would have missed out on getting a ticket and the majority of the tickets sold probably would have been scalped for ridiculous prices to those who really wanted to go but couldn't get a ticket. There should be a dvd/blu ray coming out that covers this epic event. I'll definitely be buying it.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 01, 2013 11:10     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Winchester Club - Negative Liberty

h - no matter how expensive it is for you to have your own band(s), you fuckin' rule hard, man.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 01, 2013 20:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Negative Liberty is a phenomenal album, then again so is Britannia Triumphant (which also has the coolest wooden cd case.

working my way through the Gs
Genesis - Duke
Gordian Knot - Emergent
Stone Gossard - Bayleaf
Gov't Mule - Dose
Green Carnation - The Acoustic Verses
Griffin - Flight of the Griffin
Grip Inc - Solidify

I also spun Porcupine Tree "Recordings" and the remixed Queensryche "Frequency Unknown" which is way better than the version that is in stores. I couldn't believe how much better I like this album just from a different mix.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 01, 2013 20:19     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No Galactic Cowboys?

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan