my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 20)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 13, 2004 14:19     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, it's one cool album Slayman.
First time i heard that song was on a Speed Kills album. I think Voivod had Cochroaches on that one too

If someone has webspace enough for a post on Thrashrips (75 megs)i can send it his/her way.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 13, 2004 14:35     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Plasmatics & Wendy O. Williams - Maggots: The Record.

.... repeatedly.

I might post it the thrash thread later. It definately belongs there.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 13, 2004 22:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Shro...
Get Chris Poland's "Return to Metalpolis". It's great. I havent heard his other records (except the Damn the Machine album, which rules).

I've had that disc far many many years along with the Damn The Machine. His official site has samples of the OHM material which is very very jazzy, but no samples of the solo music.

thanks

--------------------

yawn

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted May 13, 2004 23:00     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have all of Poland's stuff and Chasing the Sun is also very fusiony. Maybe a little bit heavier than OHM. All of it is excellent though. He is one of the few jazz shredder types who has a completely unique style, plus we know he doesn't have a snobby attitude about metal.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 14, 2004 00:07     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
The Plasmatics & Wendy O. Williams - Maggots: The Record.

.... repeatedly.

I might post it the thrash thread later. It definately belongs there.

Damn, I haven't heard that one in years... Please do.

n/p: Alice Cooper - Dead Babies

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 14, 2004 12:01     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today I brought the following to work:

Opeth - Still Life, Blackwater Park, Deliverance, and Damnation
Judas Priest - Sin After Sin, Sad Wings of Destiny, British Steel, and Stained Class
Front Line Assembly - Live Wired

and just to round things off

Union Made

Probably won't PLAY all of it, but it's a nice assortment to choose from, in my opinion.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 14, 2004 12:50     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Place of skulls - Song of soloman
and after that: Hidden hand - Tranquility base + more

Yup, it's Winonight in my hideout tonight

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted May 14, 2004 13:58     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the new Spastic Ink, Ink Compatible (advance copy)
pure genius.

the whole Razor discography also keeps coming back in my playlist.
Can't believe I ignored this band all these years...

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 14, 2004 20:35     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Macrosolutions To Megaproblems

next the D.H. demos \m/

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 14, 2004 20:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DARKSTAR - 20 20 Sound

I just recievd a cdr of this from a friend, never heard of them, and upon first listen... it's great.

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 17, 2004 03:33     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
midway through the following CDs:

1. 5uu's - Crisis In Clay
2. Stravinsky - Firebird Suite/ Rite of Spring
3. Sea Nymphs - s/t

I suspect I'll be having some extremely twisted dreams tonight.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 18, 2004 14:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Going to go watch the JUDAS PRIEST dvd that came with the Metallogy box set.

Just finished watching this and GODDAMN, IT WAS GREAT!!! Halford is incredible and the band just freakin' smokes, and it made me remember why I loved JUDAS PRIEST. Great 5.1 digital surround, great filming, great set list... this would have been worth the price of the box set alone, but I can't wait to play the audio cds!!!

--------------------

yawn

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 24, 2004 17:17       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Killing Joke-live bootleg Oct.6th,2003
Holier Than Thou-the riviera sessions
Crucial Unit-these colors get the runs
SMD-Hatefed Motherfuckers
Holier Than Thou-The hating of the Guts
Crucial Unit/Municipal Waste-split
All Out War-Condemned to Suffer
DFA-Defy False Authority
Darkest Hour-Hidden Hands of a Sadist Nation
DFA-Destined for Assimilation
SMD-Pissing Beer
Voivod-War and Pain BOXSET
Accused-Archives DVD
RiverrRed-Save Myself
Municipal Waste-Waste'em All
Lye
Black Nasty
HotRod Lunatics-PSYCHOACCELERATOR
Psuedo Heroes-Prison of small Perceptions
MDC-Now for than ever
D.R.I.-Dealing with it(ENHANCED)
D.R.I.-Dirty Rotten cd(ENHANCED)
Accused tribute cd
E-Force-Evil Forces
Machine Head-Through the ashes of Empires
Prong-Scorpio Rising

IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 24, 2004 17:27     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Going to go watch the JUDAS PRIEST dvd that came with the Metallogy box set.

Just finished watching this and GODDAMN, IT WAS GREAT!!! Halford is incredible and the band just freakin' smokes, and it made me remember why I loved JUDAS PRIEST. Great 5.1 digital surround, great filming, great set list... this would have been worth the price of the box set alone, but I can't wait to play the audio cds!!!

The Screaming For Vengeance video smokes, IMHO it's one of the best shows ever put on video, truly a classic, years pass by and it just gets better and better.

Oh, back to the topic:

np: Plasmatics - Maggots the muthafuckin' Record!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 24, 2004 22:42     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NP: Vader - The Ultimate Incantation

--------------------

http://bbs.anus.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001471

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 25, 2004 18:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WHIPLASH - SIT STAND KNEEL PREY

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 26, 2004 10:59     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The local rawk station is playing a brand new Van Halen w/Hagar song RIGHT NOW...sounds kinda crappy...waiting for the guitar solo...Hagar sucks BumEggs, er, ass, on this song anyhoo...here it is, solo...Eddie still rules...all in all, that's one shit song! Ahhhhh, it's over...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 26, 2004 11:13     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
The local rawk station is playing a brand new Van Halen w/Hagar song RIGHT NOW...sounds kinda crappy...waiting for the guitar solo...Hagar sucks BumEggs, er, ass, on this song anyhoo...here it is, solo...Eddie still rules...all in all, that's one shit song! Ahhhhh, it's over...

Damn... Van Halen doesn't have the right to suck!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 26, 2004 12:10     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These last few days...

1) The Plasmatics & Wendy O. Williams - Maggots: The Record
2) Dark Throne - Ravishing Grimness
3) Black Sabbath - Born Again
4) Impaled Nazarene - All That You Fear
5) Bathory - Blood Fire Death
6) W.A.S.P. - s/t
7) Therion - Theli
8) Sepultura - Schizophrenia / Arise
9) Danzig II: Lucifuge
10) Venom - Temples of Ice

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 26, 2004 12:46     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PMS 3+4, motherfucker.

In other news:
Akercocke - Choronzon
The Meads of Asphodel - Exhuming...
Repulsion - Horrified
Carcass - Reek of Putrefaction
Spawn of Possession - Cabinet

"Cabinet". What a ludicrous album title. Thankfully it has little bearing on the quality of the content.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 27, 2004 10:31     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm listening to Rush's "A Farewell To Kings" right now. I had almost forgotten how excellent this album was!

Xaaaaaanaaaaaaduuuuuuuuu!

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 27, 2004 10:33     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
Beethoven. 9th.

Hmmm...

Hmmm...

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 27, 2004 22:12     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Television - Marquee Moon (CD)

NYC alt/punk-rock band from the 70's. Really good stuff. VERY under-rated by the masses, but music critics raved about them.

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 28, 2004 04:52     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now playing: Virus Scanner. You. Fucking. Bastards.

Then again, blame my own stupidity for picking them up in the first place.

On a lighter note, today I'm listening to Mithras - Ever Advancing... Legions.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted May 28, 2004 05:48     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear delusion:
Television - Marquee Moon (CD)

NYC alt/punk-rock band from the 70's. Really good stuff. VERY under-rated by the masses, but music critics raved about them.

They're actively touring again these days,
did you know?
They'll be in London soon, I must get tickets!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan