my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 27)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted December 19, 2004 15:28     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New Model Army - The Ghost of Cain (album)

unbelievable.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 19, 2004 17:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Now that's not the way to describe such sacred ground Schroed. My Great Great Uncle led the one successful Confederate charge at that battle. Unfortunately about a month later he was shot seven times off his horse.
Did you go there to visit or what??

My mom & stepdad live up there; but when I lived in the Baltimore area we used to go up to learn about the battlefields and tour the grounds a few times. Very interesting place, and some damn cool wax museums. You'd love it Mez. I ment no disrespect to to your relatives. He musta been a hell of a man to take 7 bullets before going off his horse.... that's a soldier!!! The stuff movies are made of.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 20, 2004 12:29     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's my Uncle and yes he was one tough bastard:

UncleP

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 21, 2004 12:07     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KREATOR - Enemy Of God.

Now the entire album, thanks to Guidon.

One word review: rrrooaaaaaaaaawwwrrr!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted December 21, 2004 20:00     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Chasm - The Spell Of Retribution
YOB - The Illusion Of Motion

not much into Isis, it's interesting but I find it somehow boring, I don't know...
I like Pelican more - sounds similar but heavier and less ambient

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 08, 2005 01:16     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Enslaved - Isa

Great album. Kinda reminds me of a Black Metal Opeth or something.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted January 09, 2005 01:21     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Warhorse - As Heaven Turns to ash
Mythic - Mourning in Winter Solstice
Place of Skulls - With Vision
Alienation Mental - Ball Spouter

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted January 09, 2005 03:59     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoodlum:
Warhorse - As Heaven Turns to ash
Mythic - Mourning in Winter Solstice
Place of Skulls - With Vision
Alienation Mental - Ball Spouter

Man, did you hear Place Of Skulls are breaking up?
WarHorse

Rory Gallagher - Photo Finish & Irish Tour '74
Too Much - s/t '71
Samson - BBC Sessions
Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God
Astrofaes - Those Whose Past Is Immortal
Fannie Adams - s/t '71
A whole shitload of NWOBHM

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 10, 2005 08:29     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Work setlist:

RUSH - 2112;
FEAR FACTORY - Archetype;
CORONER - Grin;
MOTÖRHEAD - Inferno;
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE - The End Of Heartache;
THE BEATLES - 1.

--------------------

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted January 10, 2005 08:45     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WarHorse!

Atheist - Unquestionable Presence

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 10, 2005 22:59     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
excerpts from the 1991 - Moscow - "Monsters of Rock" festival...

what a fucking concert !

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0RD7SSZ7V36U12ASA2I979ZUYH

170mb.wmv - 35min - great sound - good video quality

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted January 11, 2005 02:39     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Greg Gloomp:
[qb]Man, did you hear Place Of Skulls are breaking up?
WarHorse

No shit? I did'nt know about that. Those guys were fuckin' killer! Damn that sucks! Any word about Warhorse?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 11, 2005 08:27     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Warhorse?

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 11, 2005 08:44     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Porcupine Tree - "Shallow" first single from the new album 'Deadwing' heavy riffs cool tune, the more I listen the more I likes it

can't wait til March 21 for the new cd... it's gonna be a freaking monster!!!

--------------------

yawn

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted January 11, 2005 12:31     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoodlum:
[qb]Man, did you hear Place Of Skulls are breaking up?
WarHorse

No shit? I did'nt know about that. Those guys were fuckin' killer! Damn that sucks! Any word about Warhorse?

Here's what I found on the Southern Lord site. Not sure how current this info may be...
www.southernlord.com

"Its official, WarHorse fucking storms again!

Original members , Jerry Orne (bass) and Mike Hubbard (Drums) have joined forces with Terry Savastano (GRIEF!!!!/guitar) and formed a most incredible union! Currently a new album is being written, and they hope to commit it to tape end of summer. Stay tuned to the Lord for more news on this incredible band.

The Lord has not been this fucking excited about a DOOM band since first hearing "Come To Grief"/ Grief back in the stoned winter of 94'!!!

Finally a band comes along that truly slays! Death Metal played on qualudes! Destructive, brutal black death-DOOM sufficiently sums up the massive Warhorse sound. We're talking riffs soooo heavy, bass soooo low, drums sooo massive, you get the feeling of being beaten slowly with a wet mattress.

However, WarHorse is most definitely not a one trick pony (pun intended). They have contrasted this mammoth heaviness with a unique use of dynamics.

One minute your drawn into a trance; like a state with soft, dark, quiet passages. The next violently struck by enormously bombastic dirge riffs.

This extreme use of dynamics (read: loud/quiet) and dark atmosphere even brings to mind the work of Slint, or Pink Floyd. Call them the Slint of Sabbath!

This technique is what sets apart WarHorse from the thousands of pretenders to the throne."

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 11, 2005 13:02     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gloomp:
Here's what I found on the Southern Lord site. Not sure how current this info may be...
www.southernlord.com

Original members , Jerry Orne (bass) and Mike Hubbard (Drums) have joined forces with Terry Savastano (GRIEF!!!!/guitar) and formed a most incredible union! Currently a new album is being written, and they hope to commit it to tape end of summer. Stay tuned to the Lord for more news on this incredible band.

The Lord has not been this fucking excited about a DOOM band since first hearing "Come To Grief"/ Grief back in the stoned winter of 94'!!!

Finally a band comes along that truly slays! Death Metal played on qualudes! Destructive, brutal black death-DOOM sufficiently sums up the massive Warhorse sound. We're talking riffs soooo heavy, bass soooo low, drums sooo massive, you get the feeling of being beaten slowly with a wet mattress.

However, WarHorse is most definitely not a one trick pony (pun intended). They have contrasted this mammoth heaviness with a unique use of dynamics.

One minute your drawn into a trance; like a state with soft, dark, quiet passages. The next violently struck by enormously bombastic dirge riffs.

This extreme use of dynamics (read: loud/quiet) and dark atmosphere even brings to mind the work of Slint, or Pink Floyd. Call them the Slint of Sabbath!

This technique is what sets apart WarHorse from the thousands of pretenders to the throne."

Hmmmm, looks like I need to stay tuned.

Muchas gracias for the info.

--------------------

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted January 11, 2005 16:29     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QB]Here's what I found on the Southern Lord site. Not sure how current this info may be...
www.southernlord.com

Thanks man. Wonder how they will sound. Badass I hope!

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted January 14, 2005 15:59     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As Above,So Below - Forced Entry
Attack,Blood,Revenge - Revenge
Demo - Joe Cortez
Mourning in Winter Solstice - Mythic

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted January 15, 2005 00:09     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Peter Gabriel - UP

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 17, 2005 10:31     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Work setlist, probably for the week:

SLAYAH - God Hates Us All;
VOIVOD - Phobos;
VOIVOD - Voivod;
THE SMASHING PUMPKINS - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness;
ANTHRAX - The Greater Of Two Evils;
A tribute to Judas Priest - Legends Of Metal - Vol. II.

--------------------

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted January 19, 2005 16:35     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meliah Rage - Solitary Solitude
Retch - Ben-Wa Baby heads
Kataklysm - Serenity in Fire
Hoods - Pray for Death

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted January 19, 2005 17:45     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blue Oyster Cult - Golden Age of Leather

--------------------

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted January 19, 2005 18:25     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Septic Flesh - Sumerian Daemons
Immolation - Harnessing Ruin
High On Fire - Blessed Black Wings

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 19, 2005 18:38     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lately...

Gehenna - First Spell (EP)
Gehenna - Seen Through The Veils of Darkness
Gehenna - Malice (basically rediscovering Gehenna. hehe)
Fozzy - All That Remains
Hades (Almighty) - ...Again Shall Be
Therion - Sirius B / Lemuria
Sick Of It All - Blood, Sweat and No Tears
Voivod - Dimension Hatross.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 19, 2005 18:47     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got Project failing Flesh!!
Yippeeeee!! it's fucking ace.
only complaint is that it's a very short album & the last track is a cover.
More of that please!!

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan