my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 46)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 02, 2008 17:24     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sinister - The Silent Howling
Satyricon - The Age of Nero
Dark Fortress - Eidolon

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 03, 2008 10:30     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.myspace.com/doomvs

http://www.myspace.com/bookofblackearth

http://headbangersblog.mtv.com/2008/11/14/living-colour-live-the-children-of-concrete-and-steel-return/#more-4243

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 05, 2008 08:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MAYHEM - A Grand Declaration of War

There's a scent of sulfur at work today.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 11, 2008 13:49     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hurricane Fist:
http://www.myspace.com/hull

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 11, 2008 18:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
While on the treadmill: RUSH - Snakes and Arrows live dvd, disc 2. cranked it up and kicked out 8 miles in 62 minutes... killer performance, great set list, Rush can still throw it down like they did when they started, maybe better.

I've been reading Neal Peart's "Traveling Music" book. It's my 3rd Peart book and I've really enjoyed them all. His writtings are as insightful & enjoyable as his lyrics.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 19, 2008 15:50     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Been on a steady diet of Morbid Angel since I bought the ticket for the concert next March.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 10, 2009 02:22     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

the Division Bell

I think I actually have an answer to the unsolved riddle...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publius_Enigma

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 10, 2009 08:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
speaking of the Division Bell. I just finished reading Taken By Storm, and previously had enjoyed Storm Thorgerson's books Eye Of The Storm, and Mind Over Matter. There's lots of insight to what went on to create all the differnt works of art featured in the books. Storm is hands down my favorite artist/designer... etc, and the guy has been involved in so many of the coolest images that have graced the albums I've collected and the prints of his work that are framed all over my house. Where he comes up with some of these ideas is just mindblowing to me, and to know about how he developed the images is priceless info for a geek like myself.

I've been enjoying Metallica's Some Kind Of Monster documentary dvd, and have been trying to get thru all the extra footage that's on disc 2. This is the second time I've watched this, and it's definitley eye opening. It makes you cringe, laff, pisses you off, make you speculate, and is just an amazing documentary.

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 11, 2009 17:43     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still have not watched all of Some Kind of Monster documentary, but now that you've peaked my interest I think I may get around to this weekend sometime.

you know I read it there on wiki when I typed in Division Bell, it claimed that Gilmour could not come up with a name for the album so a friend suggested one for him but he would have to donate $25.000 to save the rhino foundation ! I found that quite odd.

NP: David Gilmour (on a Traffic Island) dvd

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 11, 2009 23:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think there will always be strange info floating around about things that went on in Pink Floyd.

Storm Torgerson's books or any of the PF bios I've read never mentioned anything like that about the DB album, but I'm sure it could be tru.

As strange as I thought it was for metallica to bring in that shrink to help them (especially upon my first viewing of the documentary) I really think he saved the band from extinction, and made them see things from a better angle. I although think there were times he shouldn't have been there (but that's not for me to deside). I would think a lot of great bands that broke up could have benefited from having someone step in and help them see and hear things with a more open mind.

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 11, 2009 23:38     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I think there will always be strange info floating around about things that went on in Pink Floyd.

check out this website, I hope I can get my hands on this...

My name is Bob Hickey. I am a Sound Engineer. I was lucky enough and talented enough to be one of the sound mixers for Pink Floyd. I mixed on the Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour in 1987 and 1988. I mixed over 100 shows for the band. For my own enjoyment I made home movies with a 8mm Sony V9 HandyCam Pro, while touring the world. I shot many hours of video while on tour with Pink Floyd. The tapes are now edited into a two-disk DVD set. This movie is a behind the scenes look at life on the road with the world's best rock band. This movie is the endless saga of myself and my friends in the band and crew as we travel; unload; set up; test; operate; create; tear down; pack up; load out; party; travel and do it all again. So come on! As we tour planet Earth with one of the largest rock shows in the world.

And people this is not two-hours of Pink Floyd in Concert. This is not interviews with the band. If you want to hear and see Pink Floyd they make lots of great products to buy. If you want to have fun and feel what it is like to work & tour with Pink Floyd then this DVD set is for you.

http://home.flash.net/~motodata/index2b.html
http://home.flash.net/~motodata/

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 12, 2009 20:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if you do get it amke sure you let us know how it is. sounds interesting.

--------------------

yawn

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 08, 2009 16:11     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 19, 2009 23:32     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Whoa. Just whoa.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 21, 2009 15:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I SO need to buy the new Bakerton Group disc. Especially after this review

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 21, 2009 21:49     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I SO need to buy the new Bakerton Group disc. Especially after this review

Oh yes, you do. You REALLY do. Easily one of the best albums of the year.

--------------------

SmedHed
VoivodFan
Member # 1041

posted April 22, 2009 15:06     Profile for SmedHed   Email SmedHed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fields of the Nephilim - Forever Remain/Visonary Heads DVD

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 13, 2009 13:20     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Krap Radio!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 14, 2009 19:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
been watching the Iron Maiden Flight 666 concert dvd while on the treadmill the last couple of days.

still can't find a reason not to listen to Mastodon's Crack The Skye every day.

of course VOIVOD - INFINI is spinning also.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 15, 2009 14:53     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I N F I N I

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 16, 2009 18:41     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
les cigares volants
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 17, 2009 16:28     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fields Of The Nephilim Elizium

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 20, 2009 19:50     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod - Katorz -08- no_angel.mp3
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 21, 2009 09:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lately i've been playing voivod - infini, mastodon - crack the skye, and queensryche - american soldier (i'm surprised by how nuch i've listened to this one... i really like it)

downloaded that faith no more ay download fest that i'll be plaing while driving around and a friend hooked me up to download the impossible to find Darkstar album Zurich, which should be an interesting listen since their 20/20 sound album is superb.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 21, 2009 19:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dark star with:
christian hayes - vocal & guitar
david francolini - drums
laurence o'keefe - bass & voice

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan