my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 22)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 10, 2004 12:31     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Listened to Outkast on my way to Santa Fe this morning...I love it! Kept the drive a bit more "festive". Thanks SlugBro.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 12, 2004 17:45     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Listened to Outkast on my way to Santa Fe this morning...I love it! Kept the drive a bit more "festive". Thanks SlugBro.

HEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HEY-YAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Not exactly my bottle of whiskey, but still a very very nice song.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 13, 2004 17:58     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Therion - Sirius B

This is too good to be tr00. Definitely my Nr. 1 this year. Their previous stuff was so-so, but this one REALLY blew my mined!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 13, 2004 21:25     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lately...

Bathory - oh, all of 'em. Especially both Nordland's since I never have 'em a fair shake. "Foreverdark Woods" = brilliant.

also...

Pink Floyd - Animals (just bought the vinyl.. I didnt remember how brilliant this one really was.)
KISS - Hot In The Shade
Pestilence - Spheres
Prong - Force Fed
Lordi - Get Heavy
Flotsam & Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace
Wargasm - Why Play Around?
and whatever is on the radio (WTOS)

Also... right this moment, Black Horsemen from King Diamond's Abigail on vinyl gives me a boner. I LOVE my new amp

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 14, 2004 08:21     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaÿtanic:
HEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HEY-YAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Not exactly my bottle of whiskey, but still a very very nice song.

I actually think this song sounds like some Frank Zappa/Mothers from the Flo & Eddie era (circa 1971).

Question: is the Therion album has a Harry Potter connection? Because Sirius Black is the name of a HP character (Potter's godfather, if I recall).

Heard this weekend:

Surcharge - RnR Motherfuckers (good old AC/DC-style rock&roll from Quebec City, with a CD sleeve designed by Voivodfan's own Syl Disjonk!)

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 14, 2004 08:54     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
I actually think this song sounds like some Frank Zappa/Mothers from the Flo & Eddie era (circa 1971).

So I wasn't the only one thinking that. Cheers to that.

quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Question: is the Therion album has a Harry Potter connection? Because Sirius Black is the name of a HP character (Potter's godfather, if I recall).

Apart from the title I didn't yet find any other Harry Potter references in the Therion album.

And...!
NP: Opeth - Damnation (while having a cup of tea)

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 14, 2004 09:16     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well cheers AR, enjoy your tea and Opeth!
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 14, 2004 10:14     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
Therion - Sirius B

This is too good to be tr00. Definitely my Nr. 1 this year. Their previous stuff was so-so, but this one REALLY blew my mined!

I will second that!
this CD is fucking brilliant!

NP.
Dark Age - Dark Age
PN.
Samael - Ceremony of Opposites

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 14, 2004 12:09     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Soulfly, Prophecy. Horrible. Thank God I didn't buy the album.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 14, 2004 15:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just finished watching:
Trey Gunn - Untune the Sky dvd (it's so much better to watch them play this music)

started watching:
AC/DC - live England 1977 boot dvd ... but now I've got to garde the yard

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 15, 2004 10:13     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For today's yard work...

Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja
Mithras - Worlds Beyond The Veil
Fear Factory - Archetype

...and an oldie but a goodie:

Judas Priest - Killing Machine (remaster)

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 16, 2004 07:21     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nocturnus - Gridzone

--------------------

what do you mean?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 17, 2004 10:32     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Wildhearts - the Wildhearts Must be Destroyed.

I think i have a new favorite band!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 17, 2004 11:53     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MERCYFUL FATE - Dont Break the Oath

--------------------

what do you mean?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 27, 2004 20:12     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pussed-out Playlist:

(Melissa) Auf Der Maur - Auf Der Maur
Silverginger5 - Black Leather Mojo
The Wildhearts - Must Be Destroyed
Nightwish - Once

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted June 27, 2004 23:13     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Skul - have you checked out sonicshake.net for tons of Wildhearts live boots?

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 29, 2004 10:48     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sellout (of sorts) day!!!

FEAR FACTORY - Digimortal;
SYSTEM OF A DOWN - Toxicity;
MEGADETH - Cryptic Writings;
RUSH - A Farewell To Kings;
RUSH - A Show Of Hands;
RUSH - Roll The Bones.

--------------------

gothmog665
VoivodFan
Member # 439

posted June 29, 2004 10:58     Profile for gothmog665   Email gothmog665     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Recently been listening to:

VONDUR: The Galactic Rock'n'roll Empire.

Anyone heard this? Includes a great Elvis Presley cover !!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 29, 2004 11:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Motuman:
Recently been listening to:

VONDUR: The Galactic Rock'n'roll Empire.

Anyone heard this? Includes a great Elvis Presley cover !!!

No, but it actually sounds great, gonna do some research...

--------------------

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 29, 2004 12:09     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Motuman:
VONDUR: The Galactic Rock'n'roll Empire

hahaha, thats a blast for sure!
fukkin intense I tell ya...

NP.
VOÏVOD - ROÄR

--------------------

what do you mean?

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted June 29, 2004 13:11     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Gories - I Know You Fine But How You Doin'

The Celibate Rifles
Arthur Brown, and Kingdom Come
(thx to Soft Machine for mentioning him! why haven't heard this before? )
Vernon Reid - Mistaken Identity
(what a great album! should have tried it long ago too...)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 01, 2004 16:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All Gatr's Loves - compilation of mixed music made by my old man...right now, listening to Charlie Pride - Kiss an Angel Good Morning. This song rules!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted July 01, 2004 17:49     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey neutrino, have you heard Vernon Reids latest solo album "Known Uknown"? That kicks ass too. Think Mistaken Identity with a live band instead of a drum machine. Killer stuff. A little more on the jazz side, but just as quirky. Brilliant guitar player!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 01, 2004 21:12     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol @ Luna

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted July 02, 2004 05:42     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well I don't like everything from Arthur Brown, but it's certainly a very interesting artist!
Oh, he was also playing with Robert Calvert in 'Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters'...

the new Vernon Reid is on my list as well! thanks for the info

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan