my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 29)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
poochie
VoivodFan
Member # 479

posted February 14, 2005 06:08     Profile for poochie   Email poochie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
STEELY DAN - The Royal Scam
SACRAMENTUM - Thy Black Destiny
KYUSS - Sky Valley
SONIC YOUTH - Evol
RAMMER - 2004 demos (great stuff!)

|  IP: Logged
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted February 14, 2005 06:49     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris
Lost Soul - Chaostream
Impaled - Death After Life
Happy Family - Toscco
Sacrilege - Behind the Realms of Madness

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 14, 2005 11:25     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After seven days straight at work......IVE GOT THE DAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!

How's that Happy Family sir, also very curious about what you think about the Tortoise tracks??

Thanks to you I've got Suffocations's EFFIGY OF THE FORGOTTEN cranking right now. Beautiful valentines music! Takes a while to get used to this guys growl...but its worth the time, riffs are wicked! Also about to throw on the live Naked City.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 14, 2005 12:07     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Current playlist:

1. Rush - Signals
2. Rise to Addiction - s/t EP (this better get ridiculously successful or i'm gonna be upset)
3. Venom - Eine Klein Nachtmusik
4. Gehenna - WW
5. Scanner - Hypertrace
6. Pestilence - Testimony of The Ancients

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted February 14, 2005 12:15     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
How's that Happy Family sir, also very curious about what you think about the Tortoise tracks??

well Happy Family is fantastic; I can hear the Magma influences they claim, also some zappa and Soft Machine, but actually it sounds a lot like X-Legged Sally! I like it a lot

Lykathea Aflame is amazing, kind of grindcore with melodic/progressive elements (keyboards) ??
The drums are unbelievable.It's hard to describe, pretty original, check it out

Lykathea Aflame review

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 15, 2005 15:55     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
An ecletic (just a bit) week at work:

• ANTHRAX - We've Come For You All;
  • ANTHRAX - The Greater Of Two Evils;
  • KREATOR - Enemy Of God;
  • MOTÖRHEAD - Bomber;
  • RAMMSTEIN - Mutter;
  • THE ROLLING STONES - Their Satanic Majesties Request;
  • LIVING COLOUR - Time's Up;
  • WHITESNAKE - The Early Years.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 15, 2005 16:42     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Va¢ärmeS:
Lately,

• Tyrranicide - God Save The Scene

Oh holy hell!! I thought I was the only one who knew and liked Tyrannicide!! I saw this on vinyl a few months ago and was tempted to buy it even if I already had it cause it had the lyric sheet in it.

Nice guys too!

Oh well, "Dancing Days" by Led Zeppelin was just on and that's why I was posting 'cause I love that song!

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted February 15, 2005 18:58     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bolt Thrower - The IVth Crusade
Rise Above - Black Flag W. Memphis 3 benefit
Valentine 6 -s/t
Saxon - Wheels of Steel
My Dying Bride - Songs of Darkness...

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 16, 2005 12:13     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aaaargghhhh!!! My cd player broke. Back to listening to vinyl.

Sepultura - Arise.
E.X.E. - Stricken by Might.

I'd forgotten how good both these albums are. And the pictures of E.X.E. are fucking priceless.

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 22, 2005 10:50     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, hey, the week's alright:

• Spawn - The Album;
  • Jugment Night Soundtrack;
  • UNION MADE - Union Made;
  • MEGADETH - Killing Is My Business...;
  • MEGADETH - The System Has Failed;
  • SLIPKNOT - Vol. 3;
  • THE DARKNESS - Permission To Land;
  • Next Generation Swing (this is dedicated to Mez, I know he'd love it ).

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 22, 2005 10:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Damn, have you ever heard of Benny Goodman?? Why don't you go through your pop's record collection and find the guys who really knew jazz.

BOLT THROWER- PRIDE

A WAR TO END WARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HONOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted February 22, 2005 11:28     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So you finally got a copy of Lykathea Aflame? I would say they're a mixture of Cryptopsy and Nile. Awesome band! wish they could tour the states though.

Lykathea Aflame is amazing, kind of grindcore with melodic/progressive elements (keyboards) ??
The drums are unbelievable.It's hard to describe, pretty original, check it out

Lykathea Aflame review[/QB][/QUOTE]

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted February 22, 2005 16:28     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoodlum:
So you finally got a copy of Lykathea Aflame?

yeah, thank you for the info, it's a very unique album!
Not too far from Cryptopsy yes, and maybe Nile for the middle eastern ambience, but I wouldn't file this in Brutal DM. (I was thinking of it as grindcore because it's from Czech Rep. haha)
Anyway the drummer is all over the place, a deluge of cymbals and snare and blasts. I love how he's playing, very groovy.
Are they still active? seems to be their only release, and it's from 2000...

playing:
Death Angel
Avulsed
Disbelief

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 22, 2005 17:17     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pain Of Salvation - BE
Got this a few weeks ago. I'm listening to it more and more, all the time getting more into it. This record is unbelievably incredible and touching the outer limits of total genius. Yes, I like it.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 23, 2005 10:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Damn, have you ever heard of Benny Goodman?? Why don't you go through your pop's record collection and find the guys who really knew jazz.

Hahahahahaha, yes, I've heard of Benny Goodman. But I don't know why you old guys seem to hate new swing so much...

Actually, this post made me feel like popping some Duke Ellington at home tonight. And some Charlie Parker as well. Thanks, Mezzie.

--------------------

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted February 23, 2005 11:24     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutrino:

Are they still active? seems to be their only release, and it's from 2000...

playing:
Death Angel
Avulsed
Disbelief

My friend said they were still active. But they're gonna take a different road. They added female vocals and other elements. They're just called Lykathea now. The new album is in the works. Not sure how they will sound.I'm curious at how they will turn out.

Vader - Reign Forever World
Sinister - Hate
Kataklysm - Sorcery
CBT - Cocktales

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 23, 2005 12:31     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NAPALM DEATH - The Silence Is Deafening.

--------------------

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted February 28, 2005 03:34     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blood for Blood - Spit My Last Breath
Thrashcult
VoivodFan
Member # 553

posted February 28, 2005 04:03     Profile for Thrashcult   Email Thrashcult     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ARTILLERY - By Inheritance
VIOLENT FORCE - Malevolent Assault Of Tomorrow

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 28, 2005 14:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At work:

• KING CRIMSON - Red;
  • THE EXPLOITED - Beat the Bastards;
  • TOY DOLLS - Dig That Groove Baby;
  • MISFITS - American Psycho;
  • RAMMSTEIN - Mutter;
  • RAMMSTEIN - Reise, Reise.

--------------------

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted March 01, 2005 16:11     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Mars Volta - Miranda That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted March 12, 2005 21:36     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today:
  • Despised Icon - The Healing Process (Promo) «Fuck I really love that album!»
  • O.L.D. - Formula
  • Witchkiller - Day Of The Saxons
  • Strapping Young Lad - Alien
  • Moby - Hotel
  • Excel - The Joke's On You
  • KK Null & James Plotkin - Drowning In Aurora
  • Hirax - The New Age Of Terror
  • Frank Zappa - Best Of
  • Agnostic Front - Cause For Alarm

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 13, 2005 08:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today it's basically two albums:

OPETH - Damnation.

In a word, addictive. Can't stop playing it again and again.

NAPALM DEATH - The Code Is Red... Long Live The Code.

Sounds great after just one listen, let's see how it goes.

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 16, 2005 13:17       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just picked up the new Exciter remasters
Exciter-Unveiling the Wicked(Remastered)
Exciter-Long Live the Loud(Remastered)
Exciter-Heavy Metal Maniac(Remastered)

and the one i picked up a while ago
Exciter-Violence and Force(Remastered)

IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted March 19, 2005 15:16     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On"Music Choice" cable radio -

"Shallow"
Album: Deadwing
Porcupine Tree

...Schroeder, says 2005. Pretty rockin'!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan