my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » now playing (Page 39)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Author Topic: now playing
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 26, 2006 12:41     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's what you'd expect from Paul, basically. Alot of the songs are overly sappy and "romantic" and shit but there's 3-4 very good rock songs on it...
 |  IP: Logged
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 26, 2006 17:54     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New Maiden (very good)
Massive Attack
Priest (anything)
K'Torz
Monotheist

Whatya toughts 'bout 'Reinkaos', Skul? Heard some songs, but wasn't overtly impressed. What did I miss...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 28, 2006 09:38     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:

K'Torz

Now available from K-Tel:

Really, the new Maiden is good? Hard to believe...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 28, 2006 12:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally I'm not very fond of the new Maiden. Even worse than DoD, IMO.

Lately:

RAMMSTEIN - Live Aus Berlin;
RAMMSTEIN - Mutter;
ENSLAVED - RUUN;
ARGOR - Renkaware Onwayben;
KILLING JOKE - Night Time;
FEAR FACTORY - Transgression;
MORBID ANGEL - Live at Teatro Providencia.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted August 29, 2006 02:56     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
listening to new mastodon, new sulaco, new terrorizer, new dim mak, and thats about it
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 02, 2006 13:20     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OPETH - STILL LIFE
METALLICA - KILL EM ALL

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted September 02, 2006 13:54     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BATHORY (first one)
Black metal - VENOM

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 02, 2006 20:08     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lock Up - Pleasures Pave Sewers / Hate Breeds Suffering

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 06, 2006 16:20     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DVD

SLayer - Still Reigning

Fucking great

Love this band

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 06, 2006 22:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
can't stop listening to the new IRON MAIDEN!!!! Kinda cool since they are pretty much resposible for getting me into metal in the first place, and believe it or not, it was from the MTV videos with Dianno that opened my eyes and ears to the wonderful world of HEAVY METAL... if that doesn't date me

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 07, 2006 01:20     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
if that doesn't date me

Just a little bit.

NP: Voivod - RRROOOAAARRR.
If this album would be remastered i'd take a run to the local record store and buy this MONSTER. I loooove this Voivod sound. By the way it is the sound that had gotten me into Voivod in the first plave.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 07, 2006 16:37     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't hear the new Maiden yet. I streamed the reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg or whatever, that didn't do it for me i must say.

Planning on going to Maiden with Mille for his 9th Birthday though. (should let him were some good earprotection)...

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 07, 2006 23:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new Maiden is one you really need to listen to and absorb to enjoy it fully. I'm sure the quality of the streaming audio wasn't that great, but this album is definitley worth getting.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 22, 2006 07:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just rediscovered this little pearl:

CORONER - MENTAL VORTEX

this one fits easily in my top 10 of all time cd's. From beginning to the end brilliant.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 27, 2006 17:21     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
The new Maiden is one you really need to listen to and absorb to enjoy it fully. I'm sure the quality of the streaming audio wasn't that great, but this album is definitley worth getting.

I fully agree with you Dave! I am loving the new Maiden album! It's a real grower with lots of layers and parts. Maybe the best thing they've done since Somewhere In Time? Real great stuff!

Picked it up for a measly $11.99 at Target and it came with a bonus DVD. Glad they're getting the artwork a little back on track too after the atrocity that is the Dance Of Death cover, haha.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 27, 2006 18:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been reliving my Maiden days since the new cd came out and listened to Dance Of Death again. There is a ctually a lot of great songs on that album. I think I'm just so embarassed by they ridiculas art on the cover that it makes me not want to play the songs!!! Death On The Road is also a great live record.

Now if I can only get myself to enjoy the Blaze era Maiden.... mayebe if I "Van Goghed" both ears it would sound listenable!!!! nah, I still doubt it!!!

They shouls re-record those albums with Bruce singing and maybe rewritting some of the lyrics.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 30, 2006 15:46     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Legacy - 4 song demo

-Burnt Offernings
-Reign of Terror
-Alone in the Dark
-Raging Waters

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 30, 2006 18:23     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can - Future Days
Cathedral - Endtyme
Dissection - Storm Of The Light's Bane
Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy
VV - Killing Technology

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted November 15, 2006 11:48     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
malevolent creation - retribution
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 18, 2006 18:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today at work I annoyed the senior citizen emplyees with:
COC - Americas Volume Dealer
Judas Priest - The Best Of
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Metallica - S & M
Ministry - In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up
Overkill - Then and Now
Thrice - Vheissu
Testament - The Gathering
Voivod - Dimension Hatross

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted November 20, 2006 12:20     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Now if I can only get myself to enjoy the Blaze era Maiden.... mayebe if I "Van Goghed" both ears it would sound listenable!!!! nah, I still doubt it!!!

They shouls re-record those albums with Bruce singing and maybe rewritting some of the lyrics.

Sorry for bringing back a two months old subject to the top, but I actually think (and maybe by saying this many heavy and pointy objects will be thrown at me) that the X-Factor is a great album.

It has a dark and ambiant atmosphere that is very cool, and Blaze's voice, which is lower and bluesier than Bruce, fits very well the depressing tone of the album. Nice production, and a good headphone listen.

Virtual XI, on the other hand...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 20, 2006 20:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK the X-Fartor is going to work with me tomorrow and I'll give it another open minded listen. maybe if I pretend it's not an Iron Maiden album it'll help. A friend I ran into at the last Porcupine Tree show was saying how much he enjoyed X-Factor also.

Time to listen to my 5.1 version of Opeth - Ghost Reveries... bye

--------------------

yawn

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted November 21, 2006 05:15     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VADER - Impressions In blood.

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 21, 2006 06:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD - LIVES
VENOM - AT WAR WITH SATAN
SOAD - TOXICITY

ALL AT WORK.

can't wait for DVOD-2 to come out. Live Dynamo, -->

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 21, 2006 09:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
C a t h e d r a l - Garden of Unearthly Delights!

Saw that 5.1 whatever-thing-a-ma-jig of Opeths at the Hasting's the other day...is it cool?
It looked fuckin' cool.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan