my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » Where the fuck is PROZAC? (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Where the fuck is PROZAC?
Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted April 21, 2004 10:08     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaÿtanic:
Another proof of your un-knowledge. I can't speak for Africa, but Brasil is high on technical cooperation, not only but also, agriculture-wise, with several countries in Europe (Germany, Italy, Spain, v.g.) and Japan. Of course they can apply their own technology on it, but they also learn from our own experience of cultivating several species of fruits and vegetables that do not fit to our eco-system, adapting them to our climate and quality of the land (learn about grape cultivation in the almost equatorial northeast of Brasil for proof on that, v.g.). This surely doesn't fit your accusation of "slash and burn", that's why I reccomend again, study first then come back to me.

Kids. Bah.

You're missing the point, none of this technology was developed by Brazilian interests, it was developed by international interests with a stake in Brazilian agribusiness.

And you're still ignoring the huge number of peasant farmers moving from one slash and burn shack farm to another every couple of years.

|  IP: Logged
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 21, 2004 11:24     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like monkeys.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 21, 2004 13:00     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 21, 2004 13:41     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Prozak:
You're missing the point, none of this technology was developed by Brazilian interests, it was developed by international interests with a stake in Brazilian agribusiness.

You're stating what YOU think of the subject as if it were the truth. I'm not missing the point, I'm pointing facts to prove you wrong, it's different.

quote:
Originally posted by prozak:
And you're still ignoring the huge number of peasant farmers moving from one slash and burn shack farm to another every couple of years.

Well, pro, you're coming to me with information that is at least 20 years old. Things change, 20+ years ago the whole world, and not only Brasil, practiced your "slash and burn" method. For the second time I ask you, follow your own troll rules and study before exposing your arguments. This would prevent you from acting ridiculous.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 21, 2004 13:44     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted April 21, 2004 14:03     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaÿtanic:
[QBYou're stating what YOU think of the subject as if it were the truth. I'm not missing the point, I'm pointing facts to prove you wrong, it's different.[/qb]

No, I'm simply reporting the facts, while you respond with silly diversionary tactics.

Me: "Brazil is a leading practitioner of slash and burn agrictulture."

You: "Uh uh, see, some foreign owned agribusinesses use low impact techniques developed by US and European companies."

Me: "So? That has nothing to do with what BRAZIL has done, and you're still ignoring the widespread use of slash and burn subsistence farming in the Amazon basin."

You: "You're just making things up."

Me: "Prove it, faggot."

quote:
Well, pro, you're coming to me with information that is at least 20 years old. Things change, 20+ years ago the whole world, and not only Brasil, practiced your "slash and burn" method.

20 years ago, just as today, primitive techniques dominated peasant agriculture in the developing world. The US and Europe and Japan haven't used slash and burn in the last 100+ years. Brazil's useless indig farmers continue to contribute to massive deforestation with slash and burn techniques. The "green" farming in Brazil has largely been undertaken by non-Brazilian owned agribusinesses using non-Brazilian technology.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 21, 2004 14:43     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Which leads us to the beginning: speak of deforestation eh, USA citizen? Burn your own, then stick your nose at other nation's business. Y'know, you're not so different from your government after all...

Pro, your name-calling tactic did not work on me before, it won't work this time. If your better shot is to call someone faggot, you need more practice. And, btw, it's you who are trying to force false information as dogma. It's you who needs to prove what you're stating, not me. I'm not saying bullshit, you are. Kid.

Anyway, only thing you prove yourself over and over again is to know nothing about agriculture at all, maybe you should go back to your pedestrian black metal bands. You should know that agriculture is Brasil's main source of exportation to several countries, including your own (that orange juice at your refrigerator comes to my mind, wonder where the oranges come from?), and it's the only area here that is not dominated by multinational corporations.

Be cool, son, I won't warn you to study again, it's useless anyway. You're funnier this way, I gotta thank you for providing me a good laugh.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted April 21, 2004 14:50     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1. Deforestation in the US is currently occurring at a far, far, FAR slower rate than it is in the Amazon basin.

2. It's not relevant to whether Brazil is engaged in ecologically devastating practices. "America does it" isn't a legitimate defense.

3. EXPORT agribusiness in Brazil is most certainly dominated by multinationals (you don't think BRAZILIAN companies are the primary marketers of citrus products in the US?). Obviously, by numbers most of the people involved in Brazilian agriculture aren't employed by multinationals, but that's because the bulk of the agricultural workforce is engaged in subsistence or near subsistence farming, not large scale agribusiness.

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted April 21, 2004 14:56     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Knowing that debate with most of these backward 'todds is useless, I'll just post a little bit of reading:
http://www.american.edu/TED/ice/BRAZMIGR.htm
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.php3?img_id=4588
http://earth.esa.int/rootcollection/sysutil/01100.html

--------------------

http://bbs.anus.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001471

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 21, 2004 15:04     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Backward'todds is right.
Present them with scientific FACTS, and they deny it every time.

Typical complacent sheep they are.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 21, 2004 15:06     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Number 6 is getting kinda old - why not change your user name to Renfield?
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 21, 2004 15:29     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why not just change it to Dullard?

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 21, 2004 15:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
EXPORT agribusiness in Brazil is most certainly dominated by multinationals (you don't think BRAZILIAN companies are the primary marketers of citrus products in the US?). Obviously, by numbers most of the people involved in Brazilian agriculture aren't employed by multinationals, but that's because the bulk of the agricultural workforce is engaged in subsistence or near subsistence farming, not large scale agribusiness.

It's fun to see how you, in your bovine ignorance, tend to see Brasil as only Amazonia. It may well cover over 1/4 of the coutry, but there's lot of land left to do all kinds of stuff, including agriculture.

Now to your assertions: no, pro, brasilian agribusiness is NOT dominated by multinationals. Most of the agriculture related industries are located here in São Paulo state (a bit far from Amazonia, btw, note that). And no again, pro, I wouldn't think brasilian companies would market citrus in US (the abrasive protectionism your country provides nowadays kicks away any industry who's willing to enter the US market). What I stated (if you can read properly) is, Brasil PROVIDES the fruit for the products, that's different.

Oh, and when you provide internet sources for your bullshit, read them first. These distorted "news" are at least fifteen years old. Sarney (often pointed as President at your "source") is no more the President here since 1990. That's what you get when you point "factual" as "general".

--------------------

Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted April 21, 2004 15:44     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The "Brazilian" companies who provide the fruit are subsidiaries of the international conglomerates who market the finished products.

And you're still in this fantasy world where only export agribusiness exists and the hundreds of thousands of subsistence farms (most cleared using slash and burn) are irrelevant. You're completely ignoring the largest contributors to deforestation in order to trumpet a handful of "green" agribusinesses owned by multinationals.

This was dated Aug 24, 2000, so you're simply lying when you claim all the links are "15 or 20 years old," child.

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted April 21, 2004 15:52     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Planetary Eulogy:
The "Brazilian" companies who provide the fruit are subsidiaries of the international conglomerates who market the finished products.

And you're still in this fantasy world where only export agribusiness exists and the hundreds of thousands of subsistence farms (most cleared using slash and burn) are irrelevant. You're completely ignoring the largest contributors to deforestation in order to trumpet a handful of "green" agribusinesses owned by multinationals.

you dont know shit s.t.f.u.

Tehe futue batlle is water Brasil has 34% you dont

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted April 21, 2004 15:55     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by portuga:
you dont know shit s.t.f.u.

Tehe futue batlle is water Brasil has 34% you dont

and i can mslp(english) as long as i want

Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted April 21, 2004 16:16     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, but you can't communicate in it. So why don't you run along until you can write something intelligible, hmmm?
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted April 21, 2004 16:29     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Yes, but you can't communicate in it. So why don't you run along until you can write something intelligible, hmmm?

first- my dictonary is full
second- mr.Planetary stu...i can communicate, but shitheads dont deserve an answer.
third-are you inteligent???
mmm ?? no

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 21, 2004 16:30     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

My laughable prozak, don't say what you don't know. It's even cheaper for the conglomerates to just buy what they need from smaller local companies. They neddn't investment on personel, locations, especially on a place as far as Brasil. But then, what do I know, eh? My only advice would be, never start an industry, bankrupcy would reach you at the speed of light.

quote:

This link is outta work, nigga. But the other two you posted cite facts more than 15 years old, faking it to look like they happened yesterday. How dare you cry out loud, "credibility! credibility!" when the best you can present to prove your highly questionable "point" is just old crap?

I do not lie, I don't need to. I leave this to you, who feel comfortable with this low kind of behaviour. Keep on lying, if you want. You won't convince me or anyone else here besides yourself in your several registrations and this "wanna-be-center-of-all-attention" number something.

--------------------

Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted April 21, 2004 16:39     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
My laughable prozak, don't say what you don't know. It's even cheaper for the conglomerates to just buy what they need from smaller local companies.

Basic economics isn't your strong suit, is it? The more hands a product passes through, the more it costs.

This whole line of reasoning is, of course, completely at odds with your assertions re: US protectionism. But you wouldn't want facts, logic or consistency to get in the way of making your point (whatever that might be).

As for the links, they document an ongoing trend dating from AT LEAST 1988 to 2000 (though, in point of fact, the trend continues today), nor was there any implication that the other two links represented the most current data. However, the NASA link clearly indicates that issues you claim to have been addressed 15 years ago were still quite current as of 2000, so frankly, little boy, you're full of shit.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 21, 2004 16:45     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
But you wouldn't want facts, logic or consistency to get in the way of making your point (whatever that might be).

Pot to Kettle: "You know what? You've been looking pretty black lately."

Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted April 21, 2004 16:48     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
Pot to Kettle: "You know what? You've been looking pretty black lately."

Only one problem with applying that adage...I have stuck to logic, facts and a consistent outlook and argument. I'm neither pot nor kettle (not to mention that I'm fucking white).

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted April 21, 2004 16:56     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Only one problem with applying that adage...I have stuck to logic, facts and a consistent outlook and argument. I'm neither pot nor kettle (not to mention that I'm fucking white).

are you??? you type like a black guy

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 21, 2004 16:58     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
(not to mention that I'm fucking white).

Bwahahaha!

Oh dear. I'm sorry, that was rude of me. Have you never heard that one? Do they not have it listed in der Hitlerjugend Annual (1941 Edition)?

As for the other point in that post, I'm afraid they collapse as quickly as the previous. Case in point:

On consistency:
"various guises: Nazi-troll, Marxist-troll, MTV-kid-trolls, etc."

So, that's consistent as in, "let's bring racial purity to humanity! Lebensraum im Osten!" one day, then "let's topple the petty bourgeoisie! Vive la revolution!", then "I love KORN! And Deftones rule! OMG ROFL LOL" the next?

Mmm, smells like bullshit to me!

Plus, that's a quote you can actually read. Dead links don't score prizes, bucko.

Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted April 21, 2004 16:59     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by portuga:
are you??? you type like a black guy

You live in a sad country indeed if black guys are the only folks who are literate.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan