my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » World Cup Thread (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: World Cup Thread
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted July 01, 2006 14:15     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfrosted:
[QB]Damn. Portugese acting skills beat the English
/QB]

No, no, no you must mean technical skills and lots of endurance.
Plus their goalkeeper is very good and remember the goalie is also a part of the team.

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 01, 2006 14:49     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Lynn:
I hope that isnt a thinly-veiled insult Mr. Paul.
Yep. What else could it be?

Perhapse you would like to elaborate further...as to clear up my misunderstanding?

Oh no, i love you guys all. but kul really means bullshit ask Death Brain Cells who is also dutch. And yes, i do not like the fact that Portugal goes further in the tournament but that could be explained as whining over the fact they kicked Holland out.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 01, 2006 15:15     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol! Ok cool. My misunderstanding then. Sorry about that.
I always enjoy your posts.

All is well...

Except for England. Damn! England needs a new Goalie.
On one shot he was doing some kind of Disco dance. Thats what it looked like to me. hehe.
Also...did some of the guys go the Croatian school on how to miss the entire Goal?
I am upset England lost, but happy for Nuno.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 01, 2006 16:00     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fuck. this is not the canada day i was hoping for. and let me tell you, if france wins i am going to be really upset.
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted July 01, 2006 17:17     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
France won against Brazil. Zidane played very good, what techniq he's got.

Cheers to France!

quote:
France's Thierry Henry, right, is congratulated by his captain Zinedine Zidane after scoring against Brazil during the Brazil v France quarterfinal World Cup soccer match at the World Cup stadium in Frankfurt, Germany, Saturday, July 1, 2006. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena)

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 01, 2006 17:35     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:

That would be cool. I think we're gonna have trouble with Portugal though... As long as we can make christian ronaldo cry again I'll be happy!

ROTFL ahhahahhahahhaha....ehheheh

dedicated to Harry

spice boy crybaby

you boys lost something?

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 01, 2006 18:14     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cristiano Ronaldo is an 'orrible cunt who will get his one day soon.

But Portugal deserved to win. Have fun with Titi and gang!

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 01, 2006 20:34     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No I disagree.

I think England played magnificently with 10 men, Crouch and Hargreaves deserve particular praise for staying true to the cause, Crouch particularly showed Rooney how to play the lone striker role by staying disciplined and holding the play up - probably a candidate for man of the match for his selfless team play. Also we came so close to scoring in normal time - far more than the portugese did, who to me seemed totally clueless as to how they could break through our defence, who played brilliantly. I think Rooney's sending off was harsh considering he was fouled at least twice before stepping back into the already grounded portugal player. A yellow was the worst it deserved because it clearly wasn't intentional. But their goalie was outstanding in the penalty shoot out and we really need to get to grips with our appalling record at penalties!

What really grates, even now, is Christian Ronaldo, whose play acting and contribution to the gathering of portugese players around the referee when rooney got sent off was a total disgrace. I hope the first thing Rooney does when they meet again at Manchester United's training ground is to break both his legs, just to show the whinging cunt what it really feels like to suffer such an injury. Either that or just floor him for being a cocky little gobshite. He needs to wind his neck in before someone does it for him. Every premiership team he visits this coming season will give him a seriously hard time and he deserves nothing else. He is an incredibly gifted player no doubt but his darker side overshadows everything he does. But, as I predicted, we're out in the quarters. I just didn't expect england to be the better team over the 90 or the extra time and still lose.

However, France did exactly as I expected and did the Brazilians. Zidane was totally peerless and made a mockery of Brazil, who seemed totally unable to deal with his skill. Henry's goal was a peach and no more than France deserved. Excellent performance and Brazil, as I suspected, didn't have an extra gear. That'll teach them for thinking they could just turn up and win.

Italy Did the job and very clinically too. But Ukraine didn't offer much resistance to be honest. But fair play to them - it's the farthest a debuting team has got and they have many good things to take away with them. I think we will see more from them in the future.

Germany seem to be metronomic on penatlies. Didn't miss one and Lehman did the business in goal. Argentina played woefully after taking the lead and made massive tactical errors that cost them the victory in normal time. Germany deserved the victory and seem a good bet to be in the final.

So to the semi's! I think France will beat Portugal quite easily. I saw nothing fom Portugal today that France can't deal with. Germany will take Italy if it goes to penalties, but Italy will beat Germany if it finishes in normal time.

Let's wait and see....

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 02, 2006 00:27     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not a bit surprised. I stand by my own thoughts at the beginning of this World Cup.

quote:
After the '98 embarassment, I gave up on World Cups. (...) Everyone here in Brasil knows we have no team at all, thanks to Parreira, probably the worst coach to ever lead a Brasilian National Team. Forget about '94, we only won because the other teams were even worse.

My prediction about Brasil is, we will be first in our group (Australia X Japan was an embarassing game to watch, both teams are horrible), but won't get too far. Brasil's players are too rich and famous to care about an insignificant World Cup, it seems.

The winner? I don't care, São Paulo FC is the legitimate FIFA World Club Champion, that's all that matters.

Okay, I'd like to correct something: we had a team, what we didn't have through the whole tournament was organization. Parreira supposedly thought we would win the Cup based solely on our individual skills.

Oh, and of course France was better today.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 02, 2006 11:36     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:

Oh no, i love you guys all. but kul really means bullshit ask Death Brain Cells who is also dutch. And yes, i do not like the fact that Portugal goes further in the tournament but that could be explained as whining over the fact they kicked Holland out.

He's is telling the truth about the word "kul". It's mostly a addition to a allready excisting word.

BTW Paul, nice how you write my nick in a special way too

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 03, 2006 04:51     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nunzfromzhellz:
ROTFL ahhahahhahahhaha....ehheheh

dedicated to Harry

heh heh... I guess I asked for that to happen!

Still I was right about one thing:

quote:
Originally posted by h:
Portugal will win on a bad referee decision!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 03, 2006 11:55     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yay France!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 04, 2006 11:26     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Germany vs Italy

This will be good one.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 04, 2006 17:28     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
bah. the world cup is really pissing me off. i'm switching to the tour de france.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 04, 2006 17:41     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Italia !!!!!!!!!

Tour The France dope

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 04, 2006 17:43     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay

Italian style beats the German machine.
Germany was the most offensive and fun team to watch, but i've always had my heart in Italy for some reason and they make great cars too and that's something Germany can't say

The Italian defense is downright amazing with Canavaro in control...

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 04, 2006 17:53     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Italia !!!!!!!!!

Tour The France dope

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted July 05, 2006 03:27     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Calm down guys.

Most important thing just happened yesterday:

Germany got the boot against Italy !

What a relief.

--------------------

What the...?

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted July 05, 2006 04:01     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, we've lost.

But don't say, we haven't built great cars.
This a BMW:

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 05, 2006 04:06     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't worry Hypercube, your team was still about 1902435 times better than Team Finland will ever be And no matter what Vroom thinks about your cars, he certainly likes German quality thrash...better luck next time, and congrats to Team Italy!

A good game coming today, I'll watch it even tho I'm a 100% hockey man. Go Figo! (or go figure?)

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 05, 2006 04:54     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tonight, I'll get to see that little bastard cry!
http://www.ihateronaldo.com

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 05, 2006 11:42     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
H posted:
Tonight, I'll get to see that little bastard cry! http://www.ihateronaldo.com

::::::

In any case, i still hate France so i will be cheering for Nuno's boys.

I am still depressed Germany lost to Italy. BAH!
Still cant believe all the people who were crying about it though. What is up with that?
Germany lost...it sucks bad...no i didnt cry.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 05, 2006 18:39     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Lynn:
H posted:
Tonight, I'll get to see that little bastard cry! http://www.ihateronaldo.com

::::::

In any case, i still hate France so i will be cheering for Nuno's boys.

I am still depressed Germany lost to Italy. BAH!
Still cant believe all the people who were crying about it though. What is up with that?
Germany lost...it sucks bad...no i didnt cry.

Yay France!!
Boo crybabies!!
When is this thing going to be finished?!
I think it's gone on long enuff, just like the NHL and NBA playoffs.
Who does France beat next?

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 06, 2006 08:57     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 06, 2006 11:52     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whinging fuck got his comeuppance. Now let's hope Rooney kicks him from one end of Manchester to the other

France for the world cup - what a glittering end it would be for Zinedine Zidane, one of the finest players on the planet.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan