my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » World Cup Thread (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: World Cup Thread
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 17, 2006 23:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:
If the U.S team wins, then i will write the words "I love Amerika" 100 times. A Tie doesnt count either.

I think you should write it at least 50 times...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 17, 2006 23:24     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW, I was outside home most of the time today, so I couldn't watch today's games. WTF has happened to Czech Rep. and Italy???

Okay, Gana is one of the main forces in the evergrowing (in Football, at least) Africa, but anyway no one could imagine a score like that! From what I heard, their attackers didn't play the match.

And Italy, they always seem to complicate the simple, it has become some kind of tradition for them, it seems.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 18, 2006 04:17     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well two suprises: Italy drawing with the US and the Czechs being defeated by Ghana! Didn't see either of those coming!

So much for predictions

--------------------

Hail Santa...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 18, 2006 08:08     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Italy never turn up for the "easy" games. It's virtually a national tradition. Pirlo's a good player, and he did pretty well, but how de Rossi ever thought he could get away with that elbow, I'll never know.

For the USA's part, they actually played as if they wanted to win. Now anyone can go through from that group, should be fun.

Tonight, Fat Ronaldo and Chums have to show whether they can live up to all the hype...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 18, 2006 09:02     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Croatia vs Japan just starting.
We must win! Its an important game.

Later...

Brasil - Australia. I hope they both loose. lol.

France - Korea. I will cheer for the Koreans.

In any case...GO TOGO GO!!!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 18, 2006 17:32     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just finished watching France - South Korea. What a nice surprise result, 1-1! Not that I have anything against the French, but it's always good to see the underdog put up a good fight for the points. Korea lead their group after today, hehee...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 18, 2006 18:38     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Your enthusiasm for Togo is heartening, but it looks possible the only place they will be going is home - a dispute over pay means they may refuse to play their matches.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 19, 2006 08:51     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I havent found anything that says they wont play.

The game starts here soon. Togo vs Swiss Team.

GO TOGO...bah...you all know already.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 19, 2006 09:49     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My two fav Players.

Togo - ADEBAYOR

Croatia - PRSO

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 19, 2006 10:19     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
looks like togo's going down. sorry kula.

does anyone know where to get those black elastic hair bands?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 19, 2006 18:21     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Little Mizz CongeNiality:
does anyone know where to get those black elastic hair bands?

Living Color maybe...?

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 19, 2006 23:33     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
not a good suggestion. 0 points.
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted June 20, 2006 00:22     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
[/QB]

Lyc...I have tried to like this game...but how can i when the fake falls are so abundant and there arent many goals?
The really good plays are far and few between.[/QB]

eggsactly. i hate ties! I believe the hooligans should decide the outcome after the regulation if the game is tied! I don't like the sport, but have been watching a little here and there because I am just a sports freak. The fake falls and the stretchers are funny as hell!
Still like "soccer on ice" more than the real thing. It looks like the Stanley Cup is staying in the US!
U-S-A! U-S-A!

Still waiting for the Maiden FC to get into the tournament.
Have fun y'all!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 20, 2006 14:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BAH! Togo goes home. More biased judges didnt help either.

SOON....Sweden vs England! Should be a good game.
I am not gonna choose sides on that one.

As far as the Stanley Cup NHL winners...congratulations.
I, of course, wanted Edmonton to win.

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted June 20, 2006 15:12     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slug:
I don't like the sport, but have been watching a little here and there because I am just a sports freak. The fake falls and the stretchers are funny as hell!
Still like "soccer on ice" more than the real thing. It looks like the Stanley Cup is staying in the US!
U-S-A! U-S-A!

Still waiting for the Maiden FC to get into the tournament.
Have fun y'all!

BAH!! You try and play it instead of just watching my friend, it's fun to play, even my daughters play FOOTball (soccer)

Sweden -England right now. GOOOOO Sweden!!!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 20, 2006 16:51     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ello Harry!
A fine 40 year tradition is still alive and well

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 20, 2006 17:20     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ljungberg should never have been booked. Poor Freddie.

Have fun against Germany! Knock 'em out!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 21, 2006 04:56     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was bound to happen. I think once we went 2-1 up, Sven started distracting our defenders to save his fellow countrymen!

Cracking game though. Much improved on the previous ones. Bring on Equador!

And like Lyc says, good luck against the Germans. You gonna need it!

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted June 21, 2006 05:55     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today finnaly who is the greatest on earth Mexico or Portugal (Simpsons) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-E6weZIdG8

Homer rules! go Portugal

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted June 21, 2006 10:25     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BAH! No i don't think running for 90 minutes will change my mind. Still, I am watching and enjoying the Spanish speaking commentators when a team scores a goal, unfortunatly it has happened once while i have been watching. Who won between Sweden and England? Just curious, don't really care.
it's the first day of summer!!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 21, 2006 10:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for that Simpson's take on futbol. We were just discussing that episode at the bar last night and i'd never seen it...hahahahhaa. I'm going to take my lunch break and catch that Argentina game!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted June 21, 2006 10:54     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who won? Nobody won! Winning was not the point, at least not for Sweden - not LOSING was all that was necessary to maintain their undefeated streak against England. (38 years and counting)

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 21, 2006 11:05     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And remind me... where did Sweden finish in thier group? Second was it? Behind who?
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 21, 2006 11:40     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! You guys are ruthless.
Congratulations to Sweden on not loosing.
Scandanavians RULE!

In coming days:

Croatia - Australia
Togo - France

Bottom-end games, but should be interresting.

Slug...First day of Summer and its HOT AS HELL here!
You can have all this heat back, thank you.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 21, 2006 12:32     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
And remind me... where did Sweden finish in thier group? Second was it? Behind who?

Details, details!
We gladly do stuff like that to keep the English ego up.
After all, a nation that drives through roundabouts the wrong way deserves any help they can get

On a more serious note. We let you win the group because, after all you are the gits who gave us Monty Python

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan